Congratulations

ScreamingEagle said:
Smooth, you say? Well, perhaps relatively speaking. But it only went that way because the Dems could not find ONE THING wrong with Roberts after grilling him to death plus I think the hurricanes knocked it out of the news. They really hit bottom when they criticized him for calling our southern neighbors "amigos" sometime back in his twenties. The very fact that many Dems still opposed Roberts tells you that hard core left will NEVER EVER give up attempting to destroy our court system.

Back when the Dems nominated the communist Ruth Bader Ginsberg, the Republicans unanimously approved the Dems nomination because she was a qualified judge and they did not judge her politics. From now on the Republicans need to totally abandon that approach of fairness and fight every nomination the Dems make. Also, they need to stand their ground on the next nomination, make it a solid conservative one, and not give an inch.

Well, none of that was anything that really shocked me. As I said in another thread, I took what the Democrats said and did, particularly the far left wing Dems, as comic relief. I don't think anybody watching took any of that stuff about amigo seriously, and the senators pushing it did nothing but harm their own credibility on a national level. Compared to other things that have gone on the last few... months, years... it all went pretty smooth.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Well, none of that was anything that really shocked me. As I said in another thread, I took what the Democrats said and did, particularly the far left wing Dems, as comic relief. I don't think anybody watching took any of that stuff about amigo seriously, and the senators pushing it did nothing but harm their own credibility on a national level. Compared to other things that have gone on the last few... months, years... it all went pretty smooth.

That's one of their goals. The more outrageous the Dems become, the more and more acclimated we become to such behavior and the Far Left wins, inch by inch, as we come to accept morally reprehensible behavior and false ideas as everyday politics.

As time goes on, less and less people will be able to remember and recognize normal and fair American politics which is necessary for our system to continue. We Republicans need to stop acclimating ourselves to the Far Left. At every turn we need to expose and extinguish their outrageous behavior and agenda and beat the insidious Far Left out of our political system for good.

Originally posted by The Clay Taurus
Your name really suits you well.
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. :thanks:

The Democrats that voted against Judge Roberts disgust me.

Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-MI)

Their unwillingness to give an inch toward eliminating the brainless partisanship that has dominated the political climate in this country the last few years reveals the pettiness, hate, and lack of reason that will continue to drag their party into inconsequentiality for the foreseeable future.

May Chief Justice Roberts have a long, healthy life and tenure, and may the ridiculous hacks that voted against him find themselves out of office as soon as their terms run out. Hopefully their constituents will see this as clear evidence that they do not have their best interests or the interests of our country in mind.

speederdoc said:
The Democrats that voted against Judge Roberts disgust me.

Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-MI)

Their unwillingness to give an inch toward eliminating the brainless partisanship that has dominated the political climate in this country the last few years reveals the pettiness, hate, and lack of reason that will continue to drag their party into inconsequentiality for the foreseeable future.

May Chief Justice Roberts have a long, healthy life and tenure, and may the ridiculous hacks that voted against him find themselves out of office as soon as their terms run out. Hopefully their constituents will see this as clear evidence that they do not have their best interests or the interests of our country in mind.

Man, you guys just can't be happy without getting angry.

Zhukov said:
I don't think they should be congratulated for behaving with civility and doing their jobs, but I guess I'm an idealist.

The whole process has become entirely too political, and I'd prefer an abolition of the entire "Senate Confirmation Hearing" circus-trial sideshow farce.

Ha! Good point on civility and job-doing. But the Senate confirmation is in the Constitution, so it's probably not going away any time soon.

ScreamingEagle said:
Smooth, you say? Well, perhaps relatively speaking. But it only went that way because the Dems could not find ONE THING wrong with Roberts after grilling him to death plus I think the hurricanes knocked it out of the news. They really hit bottom when they criticized him for calling our southern neighbors "amigos" sometime back in his twenties. The very fact that many Dems still opposed Roberts tells you that hard core left will NEVER EVER give up attempting to destroy our court system.

Back when the Dems nominated the communist Ruth Bader Ginsberg, the Republicans unanimously approved the Dems nomination because she was a qualified judge and they did not judge her politics. From now on the Republicans need to totally abandon that approach of fairness and fight every nomination the Dems make. Also, they need to stand their ground on the next nomination, make it a solid conservative one, and not give an inch.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. I'm tired of this appeasing the left-wingnut extremists bullshit.

Zhukov said:
Yes, but that refers to a vote, not an interogation.

I believe these "hearings" are a new thing that the Senate began to do when they got TV coverage. They realized that they could use the time to demonize choices of the opposition party, basically one long commercial based on political platform rather than a vote on the qualifications of the new appointee.

Forum List

Back