CONGRATULATIONS to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
190103144523-02-nancy-pelosi-gavel-0103-exlarge-tease.jpg

Nancy Pelosi Elected Speaker Of The House

House Democrats overwhelmingly cast their votes for the long-serving California representative on Thursday.

WASHINGTON ― After quashing a small revolt in her own caucus around Thanksgiving, Nancy Pelosi reclaimed the House speakership Thursday, becoming the first politician in 58 years to take back the gavel.

Pelosi was elected 220-192, with 12 Democrats voting for someone other than the California Democrat and three voting simply “present.”

Pelosi’s path back to House speaker wasn’t easy. Part of the reason Republicans were able to win back the House majority in 2010 was through a “Fire Pelosi” campaign that made her toxic in some Republican-leaning districts, and Republicans have run on a similar playbook for every election since, including in 2018.

A number of freshman Democrats made promises during the campaign to not support Pelosi if they were elected to Congress, and 10 stood by that vow, voting either “present” or for someone else.

Nancy Pelosi Elected Speaker Of The House

A great day for American democracy. What do you think?

Last edited:
Last edited:
She has a serious mouth problem and essential tremors. I do not think she’s fit to serve!

My thoughts? I hope she kept her punch card because after every fourth facelift, she should get the fifth one free. That face has been stretched tighter than a cheap motel bedsheet. She is borderline senile with all the signs of oncoming dementia.......she is alllll yours, leftards.

(snicker)

Forum List

Back