Congratulations Senator McCain...

LMAO!!! Thanks for pointing out that she is indeed a "quick study".

If you're going to create threads simply for the purpose of bashing, try being more creative. :lol:

Being able to retain knowledge isn't exactly... you know... wow! Look! She can retain knowledge! I mean, what's next now that you guys have set the bar so low? Wow! Look! She can breathe! Vote for her!

will it do any good? or am I wasting my time?

i honestly want to know why you feel she won the debate with such authority. everyone ive talked to (dem and ind) said that biden won, while palin merely didnt look a fool. the only person who said otherwise is a staunch republican who gets all their news from rush and savage and o'reilly

She was great. Everyone knows it. Sure we'll argue about it, but that won't change the fact.

Biden was great too, he was a class act. But he was expected to be good.

So our expectations were lowered and now what? We got to see a competent Palin. Fantastic. I never argued she was incompetent, I just argued she wasn't ready to lead, god forbid, if something happened to the president if McCain was elected.

Thankfully, McCain is pulling out of states left and right. Soon Alabama will be a swing state.

Say it ain't so Joe. Joe you stood right there in front of God and everbody and said you would be glad to serve along John McCain as President. Ha Ha. and Joe, you said Obama wasn't ready to lead.. Ho Ha Ha.

Gosh, that's really gonna help the economy.

Oh, Willow, did you happen to notice Palin's responses on McCain's votes for de-regulation? You know, the whole thing that got us into this mess? That bill that Senator Phil Gramm created that McCain voted for?

Do all of you understand the conservatives created propaganda to make it appear she wasn't up to speed or ready for this debate so that liberals would create these small expectations among the themselves so that the conservatives can spin the debate to their favor.

Your VP pick wasn't as bad as we thought she would be last night. We found out that she can, indeed memorize Republican talking points without the use of a teleprompter or speech cards in front of her and she can come off looking somewhat intelligent. Though, personally, she's got to drop that folksky, hockey mom schtick - it's not what Americans want to hear in a time like this.

The problem is that 1 year ago she wouldn't have known any of the questions to any of the answers she was asked. Whereas McCain, Biden and Obama not only would have, but were competing fiercly to tell the American people about their knowledge and experience. It is not enough that Sarah Palin looked competent last night. When was the last time we had low standards for someone who could most likely be in charge of our national security?

In Palin's own words: "How long have I been at this? 5 weeks?" Indeed.

As far as who won the debate, Biden dismantled her piece by piece by piece. Biden did in fact hold back last night - he did exactly what he needed to do to win the debate. This proves, once and for all, not only how competent Biden is, but how much his experience is relevant to his understanding of the issues at hand. Palin can talk all she wants, but she doesn't understand what's really going on out there.

I'm impressed with how well you know her already.... :clap2: I think you know more about her than anyone on this board... Impressive.

I guess Biden is part of the 10% of congress that the American people approve of...

meh.. she seemed pretty fluttered on more than a few occasions. I mean, sure.. sure had the archtype of a cohen brothers fargo lingo down pat but.. regular joe sixpack? Not from my state. her entire time speaking sounded like a bad Austin Powers character. I half expected mr bigglesworth to jump out from behind to podium.

I tellya though.. nothing is quite so unpredictable than shill right wingers with knee burnes from GOP dick sucking to come on here and start acting like palin started a proverbial earth shaking movement with her performance last night.

Sorry pal but that's they way a lot of Americans speak. You're obviously used to East Coast trained politicians which explains your elitist attitude. :badgrin:

Just goes to show you that the stereotype of liberals being elitists is pretty true...

Biden may have known more about the government, afterall he should after 35 years, but Palin connected to the people... The average Joe is sick of our government... Evidentally David is happy with the status quo...

i honestly want to know why you feel she won the debate with such authority. everyone ive talked to (dem and ind) said that biden won, while palin merely didnt look a fool. the only person who said otherwise is a staunch republican who gets all their news from rush and savage and o'reilly

Okay, I'll take you at your word. For starters you are wrong about the news reports, I have surfed the channels, a lot of the news media other than Fox are saying she did great, not just survived but did great. Joe and Nika, for one. JOe Scarbourough was bashing Obama this morining about flying under the radar for the last week or two.
Now for the debate.

Palin came on and just bypassed Iffel, and Biden. She looked directly into the camera and talked to the people. To the people not down to the people. She was knowledgeable about the subjects. She has a good memory too. Called him a lot on his bs. Biden kept looking at Iffel, and smiling at her. What was that all about? She won the energy debate, she is for domestic drilling, Biden against, she knows we depend on it, she knows about 99 percent of the American people want to extract our own oil and will push for it. She also is for developing all other types of energy. She nailed Biden on the "clean coal" issue and he lied when he denied saying "No coal burning in America" Biden on the other hand will vote to ban drilling in Anwar and offshoe. He won't listen to 99% of the American people. I believe her when she says she will work for the people. Biden is just old Washington, Same with McCain and Obama. On the national security issues she took the edge with her firm stand on Iran and the nuke question. I think they broke even on Iraq. Each had points. I am still undecided on the Iraq thing. I want it to end but am afraid of the "pull out to early" scenario. I think Palin came across as more than "just holding her own" For a newbie on the scene she excelled. Think about that, "to hold your own" against a 30 year Senator is to excel actually.

Biden may have known more about the government, afterall he should after 35 years, but Palin connected to the people... The average Joe is sick of our government... Evidentally David is happy with the status quo...

i didnt feel connected to. guess im not average. though i enjoy sixpacks

It appears that Sarah Palin can not stay out of the controversy. The list of scandals is still growing. Sex and lies seem to be a prominent part of her lifestyle. Check out this site. You will not believe what you see.

ThePalinFiles.com

Okay, I'll take you at your word. For starters you are wrong about the news reports, I have surfed the channels, a lot of the news media other than Fox are saying she did great, not just survived but did great. Joe and Nika, for one. JOe Scarbourough was bashing Obama this morining about flying under the radar for the last week or two.
Now for the debate.

Palin came on and just bypassed Iffel, and Biden. She looked directly into the camera and talked to the people. To the people not down to the people. She was knowledgeable about the subjects. She has a good memory too. Called him a lot on his bs. Biden kept looking at Iffel, and smiling at her. What was that all about? She won the energy debate, she is for domestic drilling, Biden against, she knows we depend on it, she knows about 99 percent of the American people want to extract our own oil and will push for it. She also is for developing all other types of energy. She nailed Biden on the "clean coal" issue and he lied when he denied saying "No coal burning in America" Biden on the other hand will vote to ban drilling in Anwar and offshoe. He won't listen to 99% of the American people. I believe her when she says she will work for the people. Biden is just old Washington, Same with McCain and Obama. On the national security issues she took the edge with her firm stand on Iran and the nuke question. I think they broke even on Iraq. Each had points. I am still undecided on the Iraq thing. I want it to end but am afraid of the "pull out to early" scenario. I think Palin came across as more than "just holding her own" For a newbie on the scene she excelled. Think about that, "to hold your own" against a 30 year Senator is to excel actually.

thanks for the real response :)

i didnt mention the media. the people ive talked to are coworkers and friends.
you say she bipassed iffel, i say you didnt answer the questions. her record on alternative energy is mixed, at best.
Vetoed $20 million for a wind energy project.
Vetoed funding for a variety of renewable energy projects, including a hydropower project.
ThePanelist.com - Sarah Palin and Alternative Energy

though she did succeed in showing some biden slipups. biden said at the debate that he supports drilling along with other alternatives. i still was looking to see if she really understood the issues, which she didnt seem to. she would mention things, but never went in depth, whereas biden would bring up specifics. palin just kept reverting to talking points and tried to 'relate' with the common person with her winking and dumbed-down talk. i found it annoying, but hey, i must be an elitist, right? :lol:

thanks for the real response :)

i didnt mention the media. the people ive talked to are coworkers and friends.
you say she bipassed iffel, i say you didnt answer the questions. her record on alternative energy is mixed, at best.

though she did succeed in showing some biden slipups. biden said at the debate that he supports drilling along with other alternatives. i still was looking to see if she really understood the issues, which she didnt seem to. she would mention things, but never went in depth, whereas biden would bring up specifics. palin just kept reverting to talking points and tried to 'relate' with the common person with her winking and dumbed-down talk. i found it annoying, but hey, i must be an elitist, right? :lol:

Be honest, Biden and the Democrats support drilling offshore from 50-100 miles. Not at all in ANWAR. The oil offshore is from 3 miles to 50 miles. So, actually the Democrats drilling plan produces no oil and Palin knows that.

What other things do you mean.

Be honest, Biden and the Democrats support drilling offshore from 50-100 miles. Not at all in ANWAR. The oil offshore is from 3 miles to 50 miles. So, actually the Democrats drilling plan produces no oil and Palin knows that.

What other things do you mean.

and theyre letting the ban expire.

huh?

Forum List

Back