Congratulations Senator McCain...

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Your VP pick wasn't as bad as we thought she would be last night. We found out that she can, indeed memorize Republican talking points without the use of a teleprompter or speech cards in front of her and she can come off looking somewhat intelligent. Though, personally, she's got to drop that folksky, hockey mom schtick - it's not what Americans want to hear in a time like this.

The problem is that 1 year ago she wouldn't have known any of the questions to any of the answers she was asked. Whereas McCain, Biden and Obama not only would have, but were competing fiercly to tell the American people about their knowledge and experience. It is not enough that Sarah Palin looked competent last night. When was the last time we had low standards for someone who could most likely be in charge of our national security?

In Palin's own words: "How long have I been at this? 5 weeks?" Indeed.

As far as who won the debate, Biden dismantled her piece by piece by piece. Biden did in fact hold back last night - he did exactly what he needed to do to win the debate. This proves, once and for all, not only how competent Biden is, but how much his experience is relevant to his understanding of the issues at hand. Palin can talk all she wants, but she doesn't understand what's really going on out there.

Actually, Palin spoke very well, she maintained her composure even though Biden clearly was the firmer speaker. However, when it comes to facts, it seems Palin spoke more of them, Biden lied, a lot. He lied about McCain a number of times to reflect good points made by Palin.

I only wish Palin and McCain would speak more specifics, and then maybe they could get somewhere. I'm still not voting for them at this point, because McCain pissed me off by supporting the bailout and all its pork.

LMAO!!! Thanks for pointing out that she is indeed a "quick study".

If you're going to create threads simply for the purpose of bashing, try being more creative. :lol:

Actually, Palin spoke very well, she maintained her composure even though Biden clearly was the firmer speaker. However, when it comes to facts, it seems Palin spoke more of them, Biden lied, a lot. He lied about McCain a number of times to reflect good points made by Palin.

I only wish Palin and McCain would speak more specifics, and then maybe they could get somewhere. I'm still not voting for them at this point, because McCain pissed me off by supporting the bailout and all its pork.

can you show examples of her facts and bidens lies?

Palin spoke more of them, Biden lied, a lot. He lied about McCain a number of times to reflect good points made by Palin.

I believe she lied also. The 94 votes to raise taxes. When he did correct her when she was wrong, she didn't have the facts to prove him wrong and just agreed and went on. Wave the white flag. Pure bullshit. When she said something that was wrong, he corrected her. He had the data in his head not on his talking point papers.

She doesn't have the indepth knowledge to be VP.

I would'nt want a CEO who didn't know the company either even if she was a nice cutsy speaker.

Last edited:
LMAO!!! Thanks for pointing out that she is indeed a "quick study".

If you're going to create threads simply for the purpose of bashing, try being more creative. :lol:

Are you kidding? That's all they know how to do. Bash! Remember the last eight years? Well, they are just transferring that hatred from Bush to McCain/Palin. No rhyme or reason, Just hate!

She was great. Everyone knows it. Sure we'll argue about it, but that won't change the fact.

Biden was great too, he was a class act. But he was expected to be good.

Last edited:
She was great. Everyone know it. Sure we'll argue about it, but that won't change the fact.

I like the way she tastefully said "filtered interviews" I guess Katie Couric can go back to being a failure at CBS. She's been good at that.

She was great. Everyone know it. Sure we'll argue about it, but that won't change the fact.

she wasnt great. she lacked substance and kept reverting to tired talking points (maverick, alaskan oil, maverick, white flag, maverick). she did fine, and didnt look like a fool, but she didnt go in depth on the issues.

she wasnt great. she lacked substance and kept reverting to tired talking points (maverick, alaskan oil, maverick, white flag, maverick). she did fine, and didnt look like a fool, but she didnt go in depth on the issues.

Say it ain't so Joe. Joe you stood right there in front of God and everbody and said you would be glad to serve along John McCain as President. Ha Ha. and Joe, you said Obama wasn't ready to lead.. Ho Ha Ha.

Last edited:
Say it ain't so Joe. Joe you stood right there in front of God and everbody and said you would be glad to serve along John McCain as President. Ha Ha. and Joe, you said Obama wasn't ready to lead.. Ho Ha Ha.

yep, a real understanding of the issues displayed there :eusa_eh:

She is not incorrect now is she? :lol:

yep, showing a few instances of biden criticising obama and showing support for mccain really shows she has a deep understanding of the issues which are most important to this country. :doubt:

yep, showing a few instances of biden criticising obama and showing support for mccain really shows she has a deep understanding of the issues which are most important to this country. :doubt:

sorry her victory is such a disappointment to you.. as you guys are so fond of saying "Deal with it."

Palin won. End of story:
Unfortunately depth on issues doesn't matter in debates (it never has), it's about quick one-liners and putting negative influence on the opponent.
Palin healed her terrible reputation, and used quirkiness against Biden, which worked.
Biden played it safe, which was probably the best move he could have made. He's known for being condescending, a hot-head, etc.

sorry her victory is such a disappointment to you.. as you guys are so fond of saying "Deal with it."

please tell me why exactly you think she won. was it how she avoided answering several questions? how she kept bringing up alaskan energy? mentioning maverick? the winking? not going in depth on any issue?

please tell me why exactly you think she won. was it how she avoided answering several questions? how she kept bringing up alaskan energy? mentioning maverick? the winking? not going in depth on any issue?

will it do any good? or am I wasting my time?

Forum List

Back