Congrats Drew Brees

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
He and Peyton will have most significant records, especially Brees. Peyton was crippled and Brady is done. Meanwhile Brees is the same as he's always been, the guy is a freak. Oh look, Brees just threw another TD. On a side, Brees is first in completion ratio this year, Brady is 30th.

Brady has all the post season records, super impressive. But I'm not fooled, Peyton was better. Peyton was more dominant and consistent, and he has the stats prove it, including QB ratings, DVOA, DYAR & clutch situations. That and the eye test. His only bad outings were his first and last seasons. He won a Super Bowl his last, take it as a hint.

What's unusual is Brees spent a career as the 2nd or 3rd best annually, mostly because Peyton & Brady got in the way, especially Peyton.

OT; Less Peyton, Dan Marino was better than the rest, IMO. Imagine he in today's NFL, where the position is progressively easier for the QB.

Last edited:
Favre was the raw gunslinger, though. Hands down. He made the game fun to watch.

Nothing against those other guys, they're all certainly good QBs.

Tom Brady is the greatest Athlete that ever played any major sports

Favre was the gunslinger, though. Hands down. He made the game fun to watch.

Dude is a character and a rock. Here's some trivia most people don't recognize. No offense Saints fans, but do you remember bounty-gate? Well, check out what the Saints managed for the NFL Post season:

Yeah Kurt Warner was kind of old, but still playing great. The Saints broke him, he never suited up again. HOFer

Following the beat down he took from the Saints, Farve returned for another year to play very badly and miss his first games. HOFer

Peyton returned for a season in 2010, but by his standards he was far from the same guy. It's just a little ironic he took 2011 off for surgery, but who's to say. HOFer

LOL....Sure, what an AMAZING athlete. I probably throw a better ball:abgg2q.jpg:. His arm is marginal, they're awesome because of Kraft, Belichick, scheme and probably some cheatin'.

If you want to talk athlete and QBs, look no further than Wilson. FAR better arm than Brady, and a much bigger threat too. Cept when he threw that pass in the SB that is.....Ha, fucking STUPID ASS play, they had em beat with a second string pass defense.

Favre was the raw gunslinger, though. Hands down. He made the game fun to watch.

Nobody made the game fun to watch more than did Randall Cunningham.
emoticon_10s.gif

He and Peyton will have most significant records, especially Brees. Peyton was crippled and Brady is done. Meanwhile Brees is the same as he's always been, the guy is a freak. Oh look, Brees just threw another TD. On a side, Brees is first in completion ratio this year, Brady is 30th.

Brady has all the post season records, super impressive. But I'm not fooled, Peyton was better. Peyton was more dominant and consistent, and he has the stats prove it, including QB ratings, DVOA, DYAR & clutch situations. That and the eye test. His only bad outings were his first and last seasons. He won a Super Bowl his last, take it as a hint.

What's unusual is Brees spent a career as the 2nd and 3rd best annually, mostly because Peyton & Brady got in the way, especially Peyton.

OT; Less Peyton, Dan Marino was better than the rest, IMO. Imagine he in today's NFL, where the position is progressively easier for the QB.
Brees IS phenomenal AND he's a wonderful family man who has strong Christian beliefs. I've NEVER heard him badmouth anyone, he always praises his teammates and coaches. Just a wonderfully classy guy. This is SO nice to see in a professional athlete.

emoticon_10s.gif

Montana fucked Cunningham out of an MVP.........True story, but it was the AP's fault. Cunningham was great.

Favre was the gunslinger, though. Hands down. He made the game fun to watch.

Dude is a character and a rock. Here's some trivia most people don't recognize. No offense Saints fans, but do you remember bounty-gate? Well, check out what the Saints managed for the NFL Post season:

Yeah Kurt Warner was kind of old, but still playing great. The Saints broke him, he never suited up again. HOFer

Following the beat down he took from the Saints, Farve returned for another year to play very badly and miss his first games. HOFer

Peyton returned for a season in 2010, but by his standards he was far from the same guy. It's just a little ironic he took 2011 off for surgery, but who's to say. HOFer

Mm hm. I remember bounty-gate. That was wrong on so many levels.

emoticon_10s.gif

Montana fucked Cunningham out of an MVP.........True story, but it was the AP's fault. Cunningham was great.

Great is an overly used word in sports. I thought Cunningham was one of the better QB’s but I wouldn’t equate him with the word great. I actually thought he was at his best when he became a pocket passer that one year he was on the Vikings playing with Moss.

emoticon_10s.gif

I forgot about him. And I'm an old Eagles fan. How bad is that?

I had literally given up on watching football. Then Randall popped up and I came back. Dood was superhuman.

If you thought Randle was super human, you’ll be amazed by Lamar Jackson. Twice the athlete Randle was, and more of an athlete than Vick.

Last edited:

emoticon_10s.gif

Great is an overly used word in sports. I thought Cunningham was one of the better QB’s but I wouldn’t equate him with the word great. I actually thought he was at his best when he became a pocket passer that one year he was on the Vikings playing with Moss.

Moss made the QB not vise versa. I believe 5-6 QBs had their best seasons with moss.

What's unusual is Brees spent a career as the 2nd or 3rd best annually, mostly because Peyton & Brady got in the way, especially Peyton.

Its dfficult to compare quarterbacks on different teams and different eras

There have been many great players over the years

Who can say which one was the very best?

LOL....Sure, what an AMAZING athlete. I probably throw a better ball:abgg2q.jpg:. His arm is marginal, they're awesome because of Kraft, Belichick, scheme and probably some cheatin'.

If you want to talk athlete and QBs, look no further than Wilson. FAR better arm than Brady, and a much bigger threat too. Cept when he threw that pass in the SB that is.....Ha, fucking STUPID ASS play, they had em beat with a second string pass defense.
Brady manages to win with whatever players are around him. Not many Hall of Famers on the Patriot offense. Brady elevates everyone around him

emoticon_10s.gif

Forcing him to stay in the pocket is how he got injured, tore an ACL and missed virtually a whole season. That's unnatural for him. Rich Kotite is responsible for that because he didn't recognize what Randall naturally does. Sure, you could tell him to think pass first and run second (Buddy Ryan apparently told him the opposite) but when you change his whole style it's gonna bring problems.

Cunningham certainly could pass, as evidenced when he threw one 70 yards into the wind for an end-to-end touchdown. But if a coach is going to direct his foot traffic, which was what he was best at, the overall game is going to suffer, and it did. Dennis Green had the better approach, plus he had Randy Moss. His Vikings games were statistically more successful, although really not as adventurous to watch.

Big picture, what Randall did was change the way the game was played, singlehandedly, because of what he brought. You had to play a different game vs the Iggles than you played against anybody else. And that made it worth watching because --- anything can happen. Including a 91-yard punt.

Brady manages to win with whatever players are around him. Not many Hall of Famers on the Patriot offense. Brady elevates everyone around him

Note: "elevates", not "inflates"....

Forum List

Back