Conflict of Interest Charges: Barney Frank's Gay Lover Worked for Fannie Mae

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s gay partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.

Full Story here

Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s gay partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.

Full Story here

Oh the things we do for love. :lol:

Full Story here
I find it interesting that you felt the need to add the word "gay" in front of partner.

The word "gay" isnt in the article.

Very interesting. Fox must have edited the article since I linked it. For the record I am not homophobic. Hell, my favorite show use to be "Queer Eye for the Staight Guy"! Then "Project Runway". But I blame my wife, she's the one who got me to watch them. :doubt:

Very interesting. Fox must have edited the article since I linked it. For the record I am not homophobic. Hell, my favorite show use to be "Queer Eye for the Staight Guy"! Then "Project Runway". But I blame my wife, she's the one who got me to watch them. :doubt:
I am not homophobic either, but have you ever thought about making her watch an NFL game? :eusa_angel:

Has anyone on this board ever taken a Critical Thinking course?

The article was full of hot air...

Critics say....

There could have been....

sheesh

It says that the programs that his lover created caused this mess,

BUT IT DOESN'T LIST what they were so that WE can make up our own minds on it...

As far as I am aware, the rules that were changed, that allowed Fannie to buy these toxic mortgages didn't even occur until at earliest between 2003-2005 and this guy left the agency in 1998????

This appears to be the typical FOX?Drudge move on their part....supplying absolutely no information to substantiate their claim but putting the RUMOR out there NONE the less...all they had to do was research a few things and they could have given us the info to substantiate their claims (or disprove them), but nooooooooooo just a bunch of gossip inuendo?

I don't understand how any of you that think this article even has a leg to stand on, let alone two, get through making any important decisions in your own lives, without the critical thinking that's necessary to survive in this world of crooks and scammers???

Care

Full Story here

Just wondering, everytime a Republican gets caught with a guy do you put "Gay" in front of partner? I don't think so.

Has anyone on this board ever taken a Critical Thinking course?

The article was full of hot air...

Critics say....

There could have been....

sheesh

It says that the programs that his lover created caused this mess,

BUT IT DOESN'T LIST what they were so that WE can make up our own minds on it...

As far as I am aware, the rules that were changed, that allowed Fannie to buy these toxic mortgages didn't even occur until at earliest between 2003-2005 and this guy left the agency in 1998????

This appears to be the typical FOX?Drudge move on their part....supplying absolutely no information to substantiate their claim but putting the RUMOR out there NONE the less...all they had to do was research a few things and they could have given us the info to substantiate their claims (or disprove them), but nooooooooooo just a bunch of gossip inuendo?

I don't understand how any of you that think this article even has a leg to stand on, let alone two, get through making any important decisions in your own lives, without the critical thinking that's necessary to survive in this world of crooks and scammers???

Care

It's a partisan thingy----cmon---everyone does it.

Forum List

Back