Confiscate All Personal Assets In Excess Of $20 Million!

New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez players contract is $275,000,000. The Yankees alone pay him $27,500,000 a year. So does the government confiscate him since he is worth more than that every year? Do they tax him $255,000,000 to prevent him from having over $20,000,000?
Yes.
No. They would tax him $7.5 million each year of his $27,500,000 per year contract.

New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez players contract is $275,000,000. The Yankees alone pay him $27,500,000 a year. So does the government confiscate him since he is worth more than that every year? Do they tax him $255,000,000 to prevent him from having over $20,000,000?
Yes.
No. They would tax him $7.5 million each year of his $27,500,000 per year contract.

If you only taxed him $7.5 million a year, after his second year he would have $40 million in assets. That is not fair to the retired players that can't earn any more after being knocked down to $20 million.

The OP concept is utterly stupid.

Almost as stupid as trying to defend it.

What the fuck right would any government have to confiscate anybody's acquired (and already taxed) assets?

How can the silly author of the brainless OP even pretend that he has offered food for thought?

It is a disgusting thing he has proposed.

Guberment uber alles.

Fuck that shit. Fucking guy hasn't YET figured out that private property rights are a hallmark of and a necessity to us having personal liberty and freedom. LIMITED government entails our absolute right to prevent ANY government from even thinking it could do such a horrid thing.

We don't have to be millionaires or filthy rich to rebel against such a tyrannically evil idea.

Did I mention that the idea is also fucking stupid?

Why don't you be the first in line to hand over 75% of all you own?
The annual wage of the average American worker is around $40k. Confiscating 75% of that would leave $10k. Poverty.

Confiscating 75% of $1 billion would leave $250 million. Hard to get by on that.

Transform America overnight into the nation it should be and can be! Confiscate all personal assets in excess of $20 million.

Want to take what I've earned? Then have the stones to pick up a weapon yourself, and come and try to get it. You won't get far, but you can try. At that point, you or any other domestic enemy of the constitution (you do remember we have one, right?) will be just one more bullet, and one more body. You know why people who don't have $20 million are opposed to your little idea? Because the day that happens, NO ONE'S private property will be safe, the constitution won't be worth the paper it's written on, and what used to be America will be like every banana republic dictatorship. For you and anyone else who prefers theft to working for a living, I have plenty of ammunition, and rounds will go downrange.

The annual wage of the average American worker is around $40k. Confiscating 75% of that would leave $10k. Poverty.

Confiscating 75% of $1 billion would leave $250 million. Hard to get by on that.
When you employ millions of workers, $250 million is incredibly hard to get by on.

Last edited:

If you only taxed him $7.5 million a year, after his second year he would have $40 million in assets. That is not fair to the retired players that can't earn any more after being knocked down to $20 million.
What if he spent the $20 mil each year on lavish parties?

Numbnuts, who gives a shit what he does with his fucking money? Maybe we should keep track of your money.

Well there you go you start confiscating PRIVATE PROPERTY it makes the road clear to confiscate even those who make less than 40,000

Transform America overnight into the nation it should be and can be! Confiscate all personal assets in excess of $20 million.

Agent provocateurism, methinks

I can play that game too, Mike.

EAT the poor and solve the problem of poverty.

Whenever I post this proposal I am amazed by the number of impassioned protests I receive from those whose only hope of ever paying down their credit card debt is hitting the Lottery.

There are multi-millionaires who have favorably contemplated the redistribution of America's hoarded wealth resources but I get howling protests from those who haven't a pot to piss in.

The only thing I can attribute this to is the effectiveness of the right-wing brainwash as implemented by the likes of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Steve Mahlsberg, et. al. What else could it be?

The argument against this has nothing to do with protecting millionaires. That you can't see that is just sad.

That might be the AVERAGE, but the median salary of all workers is $21,000 a year.

Yeah that's right, 50% of all workers make less than $21K.

Amazing isn't it?

I guess that is the idea. That is what the Fed is doing by devaluing the currency. Use it or lose it. They want you to spend it to make the economy move & create jobs. It is a forced high speed trickle down economics.

Investing, saving / hoarding is unacceptable. Nearly all private sector investing would be eliminated. Government would be the only investor & would eventually own all assets.

When government is taking over 51% of your earnings, it is taking away the middle class.
That's right!!!!!!
Those that pay taxes are paying 51% of their earnings.
When you add up Federal, State,County and City it adds up to 51% of your earnings.
And the Dem's are wondering why the middle class is going away.
If you make around 45,000.00 a year (middle class average wages) what you pay out in government 20,500.00,leaves you 20,500.00 for your own expenses.
Guess what 20,500.00 is poverty level.
Gov. record in Jan. 2010 poverty level for a family of four is 22,050.00

Numbnuts, who gives a shit what he does with his fucking money? Maybe we should keep track of your money.
Hey asshole - shut the fuck up. The adults are talking.

Forum List

Back