"Conceal Carry" Stops Bad Guy -- Saves Lives -- Read All About It!

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
Another good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. How many would have died had this Doctor not been armed with self protection? Let's continue protecting the 2nd Amendment and our right to self preservation.

DARBY, Pa. (AP) — A doctor who was grazed by gunfire from a patient in his office at a suburban hospital on Thursday helped stop him by apparently returning fire with his own weapon and severely injuring him, but not before a caseworker was killed, authorities said.

The patient opened fire after entering the office with the caseworker, District Attorney Jack Whelan said. Witnesses reported hearing yelling before the gunshots. Several hours after the shooting, investigators had only limited information on what happened inside the closed office but believe the doctor, a psychiatrist, "from all accounts, would have acted in self-defense," Whelan said.

The doctor, who suffered a graze wound to his head, "faced a situation where his life was in jeopardy," Whelan said. Yeadon Police Chief Donald Molineux said that, "without a doubt, I believe the doctor saved lives."

Doctor fired back at gunman in hospital attack - US news

Here's another recent story:

A Florida concealed carrier witnessed a man stabbing another near a bus stop in Orange County Florida and lept from his car to take the attacker down. Concealed carrier Jeffery Hopkins pulled his pistol and forced the attacker, Thomas Thorpe to the ground, where he held him until police arrived.
When deputies arrived at the scene, a knife was on the ground next to the bench and they found another knife in the suspect’s pocket.
“As I was getting out, I noticed the guy had a knife in his hand so I went for my gun and took him down,” Hopkins said. “He looked at me very scared. Then realized I was serious and dropped the knife and laid down immediately.”

Concealed carrier saves stabbing victim « Hot Air

Forum List

Back