Compounding the problem

RetiredGySgt said:
THAT is what 911 is FOR. If we are going to start charging people that in good faith report or ask for help then we can forget about 911.

Except the parents decided to first call the FAA and second the local news station, THEN the wife called 911 and the audio clearly has her laughing.

Alderden initially said there was no reason to believe the incident was a hoax.

Alderden didn't call Thursday's hours-long drama a hoax, but he expressed disappointment that he couldn't level more serious charges in the incident, which sent police and the military scrambling to save young Falcon Heene as millions of worried television viewers watched.

Pretty damn clear.

And then this....

"We were looking at Class 3 misdemeanor, which hardly seems serious enough given the circumstances," Alderden said. "We are talking to the district attorney, federal officials to see if perhaps there aren't additional federal charges that are appropriate in this circumstance."

the sheriff prefers not to look the fool...after stating to the nation how the parents were worried and frantic...again my point is...the father knew what the balloon was capable of...he knew there was no wooden box to fall off the balloon...seems he knew things he didnt share with the police...

again why are these people exempt from personal responsiblity?

By identifying the event as a hoax, the sheriff might be limited by law to that charge.

But I'm amazed that there are people who prefer to criticize the POLICE rather than these assholes who call themselves parents. I'm sure I speak for the majority who would like to see them sent off in a helium balloon launched somewhere in the middle of the Pacific and see how well they do when there's no controls, no food or water, and of course no cameras around.

There is no where in that story where he repeats that he doesn't think it was a hoax. In fact he very clearly doesn't call it one, in that article, no matter what he initially said in another article.

Which, btw, isn't quoted.

I'm sorry. If the parents thought their kid was inside that baloon...then they should have their kids removed from that household for having unfit parents who also qualify for Complete Dumbass of the Year!!!

Work-Trophy-Complete-Dumbass_9F86A559.jpg

That baloon was made out of mylar...an extremely thin yet strong material that doesn't allow helium molecules to escape that easily. THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN AN OFF CENTER BULGE IN THE BALOON IF THEIR KID WAS IN THERE.

How stupid does that guy think Americans are? He must be the leader of the libtard dupes.

I hope he gets jail time for pulling a publicity stunt and a hoax.

alg_child_trapped_aircraft.jpg

Plus the helium alone would have killed the child.

Hell has frozen over, I agree with RGS! Question them but move on what will anyone gain going after them?

How about on principle by just setting an example to any other clowns out to make 24/7 news with some kind of hoax? I can't believe even these people are liking too much the fact that they look like complete morons to the rest of the world.

Alderden didn't call Thursday's hours-long drama a hoax, but he expressed disappointment that he couldn't level more serious charges in the incident, which sent police and the military scrambling to save young Falcon Heene as millions of worried television viewers watched.

Pretty damn clear.

And then this....

"We were looking at Class 3 misdemeanor, which hardly seems serious enough given the circumstances," Alderden said. "We are talking to the district attorney, federal officials to see if perhaps there aren't additional federal charges that are appropriate in this circumstance."

No offense, but are you really that dense?

Once they had reason to question, LE did not come right out and declare it a hoax until they'd completed their search and subsequent interviews and had all their ducks in a row.

And you believe it wasn't a hoax simply because those accused say so? Putting aside 'innocent until proven guilty' (I do believe they deserve their day in court, btw), how many people arrested / charged declare their innocence? Given your responses here, it would seem in those cases LE should simply throw up their hands and say, "My bad! Please forgive us and go on your way!"

Cool. Maybe I'll go rob a bank and then deny I did so. That way I can't be arrested.

Alderden didn't call Thursday's hours-long drama a hoax

not calling it a hoax is totally different than stating that it was NOT a hoax.

certainly you knew that.... didn't you?

Look, the police are not going to tip their hand while they are still investigating. If you declare early on that you think it was a hoax, the parents will lawyer up and not allow the kids to talk to the police.
By playing along with the parents, encouraging them to talk to the media, checking out all the details....you get more cooperation.
Then, once the facts are in....Nail Them

Last edited:
Alderden didn't call Thursday's hours-long drama a hoax

Look, the police are not going to tip their hand while they are still investigating. If you declair early on that you think it was a hoax, the parents will lawyer up and not allow the kids to talk to the police.
By playing along with the parents, encouraging them to talk to the media, checking out all the details....you get more cooperation.

I agree completely. The point was...RGS claimed that the sheriff had stated definitively that he believed it was NOT a hoax, when in fact, the article that he linked to merely made the observation that the sheriff had NOT definitively said that it WAS a hoax. Two entirely different statements... but RGS has always played loose and sloppy with the language. I just like to point it out once in a while. ;)

Look, the police are not going to tip their hand while they are still investigating. If you declair early on that you think it was a hoax, the parents will lawyer up and not allow the kids to talk to the police.

I agree completely. The point was...RGS claimed that the sheriff had stated definitively that he believed it was NOT a hoax, when in fact, the article that he linked to merely made the observation that the sheriff had NOT definitively said that it WAS a hoax. Two entirely different statements... but RGS has always played loose and sloppy with the language. I just like to point it out once in a while. ;)

Shall I link to the part where he had previously stated it was not a hoax, that he had observed their actions, body language and other indicators and stated it was no hoax? Of course that was in a previous article. The point is the Sheriff initially stated several times he did not believe it was a hoax. And then still not calling it a hoax wanted to throw the book at them.

I LOVE how you lynch mob types all keep forgetting that in this Country EVERYONE is innocent until PROVEN guilty. I will continue to believe it was no hoax until such time as the family admits it was or a court can prove it to my satisfaction. Which by the way does not make me wrong in any way shape or form.

Shall I link to the part where he had previously stated it was not a hoax, that he had observed their actions, body language and other indicators and stated it was no hoax? Of course that was in a previous article. The point is the Sheriff initially stated several times he did not believe it was a hoax. And then still not calling it a hoax wanted to throw the book at them.

I LOVE how you lynch mob types all keep forgetting that in this Country EVERYONE is innocent until PROVEN guilty. I will continue to believe it was no hoax until such time as the family admits it was or a court can prove it to my satisfaction. Which by the way does not make me wrong in any way shape or form.

Gunny..
You have a right to your opinion.

This stunt had it all. Action. Suspense. Drama. Mystery. It caught our attention for a few hours. Trouble is it was a very stupid thing to do. What will the "copy cat" stunt involve? You know there is going to be one. Like the boy crying "Wolf" nobody may take the next event like this seriously. I think the family needs a bit of public service work plus a heafty fine.

the POINT is....you misspoke, and true to form, you cannot quite bring yourself to admit it.

Gunny..
You have a right to your opinion.

Not according to Strollingbones, Ravi, Maineman and a few others. Of course if you look in my signature line you will see how Maineman feels about opinions when they are not his.

the POINT is....you misspoke, and true to form, you cannot quite bring yourself to admit it.
Yep. And as far as I know he never does.

Not according to Strollingbones, Ravi, Maineman and a few others. Of course if you look in my signature line you will see how Maineman feels about opinions when they are not his.

what a hack... you took that quote completely out of context then and you continue to show what a classless moron you are by continuing to use it.

The quote that you have in your signature line was stated specifically about your opinion about a specific piece of SETTLED law. An opinion had been rendered by the Supreme Court of the United States and, for you to weigh in with YOUR opinion after the fact makes your opinion worth no more or less than what I stated.

Like stating your opinion about a strike three call made by the home plate umpire in last night's baseball game. You weighing in this morning with an opinion that the pitch was really a ball is, as I suggested, a totally worthless opinion and a waste of bandwidth for you to post it.

Police are slowly trickling out facts.

Give it a few days and we will know exactly what transpired

Forum List

Back