Compound bow help

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I am wanting to get in to archery. For fun and hunting. I LOVE to hunt on the ground. I LOVE to stalk my prey.
I have only messed with a crossbow when I was younger.
I am about 6'1 220 lbs.
Advice on brand, draw length etc?

I am thinking I should start out cheap to make sure I even like it before spending 400 bucks? lol

Compound archers are a nuisance, what with all the twiddling of sights. Get yourself a decent recurve and practice gap shooting. Samick make decent, affordable recurves.
My buddy said I should start off with a recurve..
What do you mean by "twiddling of sights"?

I am wanting to get in to archery. For fun and hunting. I LOVE to hunt on the ground. I LOVE to stalk my prey.
I am about 6'1 220 lbs.

bow hunting is a great sport

if you are starting out of the blue with the idea bow hunting you really need to go through a hunter education course and perhaps a archery class or two

Compound archers are a nuisance, what with all the twiddling of sights. Get yourself a decent recurve and practice gap shooting. Samick make decent, affordable recurves.
My buddy said I should start off with a recurve..
What do you mean by "twiddling of sights"?

start out with a compound

shooting a re curve and a compound are two different styles altogether

as for sights my bow uses the same sight for 10 to 30 yards

dont get me wrong i own several recurves and have shot several deer with them over the years

for the beginner it is much easier to become deadly accurate with a compound

the compound shoots faster flatter and with more foot pounds

I am about 6'1 220 lbs.

if you are starting out of the blue with the idea bow hunting you really need to go through a hunter education course and perhaps a archery class or two
I had a course a long time ago

I am about 6'1 220 lbs.

a hunters course or an archery course

I am about 6'1 220 lbs.

hunters. I will be starting out completely green with the bow

I found a SAS bow for 100 bucks. Comes with a sight 55 lb draw and 29" length.

I am about 6'1 220 lbs.

welcome to the sport

there should be an archery outfitter in your area

there is just so much to learn

Compound bow is the way to go................don't go cheap or it will ruin it for you..........

Get them to size your arrows for you..........Your correct draw determine the length of your arrows.........Get a mounted set of sights. You don't have to go full bore on that one........simple sights work. I also recommend a trigger for your hand...........increases accuracy.

Retina-Lock-Diagram-1-1024x432.jpg

triggeronmyrelease.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

I am about 6'1 220 lbs.

welcome to the sport

there should be an archery outfitter in your area

there is just so much to learn
Oh yea. I just got an earful from my co-worker. His dad actually used to have a hunting show a few years ago.
He told me a good outfitter to go to. He said they sell good used bows and they will fit me up good, too.

Forum List

Back