Comparing Robert Bork To Obama’s Eventual Nominee

Joe Biden is not a member of the Obama administration. The VP is a member of the legislative branch, not the executive branch.

Shhhhhhh!

You're breaking Plugs heart!

You'd better refresh your civics. You just failed Question #1 on Article 1.
Article 1 is about the Legislative branch. It says that the VP is the president of the Senate.

Yes it does, but the question is "Who are the members of the legislative branch?" If you read Article l thoroughly it lays out the composition, a Senate and it's powers and duties, House of Representatives, it's powers and duties. It tells how these members of the legislature are selected and the qualifications necessary to make them eligible for their particular offices. (Some amendments will happen later). But the only mention of the V.P. is his duty to preside over the Senate "but (he) shall have no vote unless they be equally divided." No mention anywhere of any mechanism by which he becomes an actual member of either body, and the very next clause states "The Senate shall chuse their other Officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the Absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the Office of President of the United States." This indicates his affiliation with the Executive Branch, which when you read on to Article ll will be reconfirmed.
You're fucking really dumb. The VP is the President of the Senate. That means he is a member of the legislative branch.

Fucking dumbass.

Sorry,
I shouldn't have tried to "show off" my knowledge of the Constitution as a non-citizen of the U.S. I should have been perfectly clear, so:

USA_Government_Branches_Infographic.png

This info comes from: www.usa.gov/branches-of-government so if you're still in doubt try haranging them.

How the U.S. Government Is Organized

The Constitution of the United States divides the federal government into three branches to ensure a central government in which no individual or group gains too much control:
Legislative – Makes laws (Congress)

Executive – Carries out laws (President, Vice President, Cabinet)
Judicial – Evaluates laws (Supreme Court and Other Courts)
Each branch of government can change acts of the other branches as follows:

The president can veto laws passed by Congress.

Congress confirms or rejects the president's appointments and can remove the president from office in exceptional circumstances.
The justices of the Supreme Court, who can overturn unconstitutional laws, are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
The U.S. federal government seeks to act in the best interests of its citizens through this system of checks and balances.

You can take solace in knowing you are not alone in being confused on this issue.
There are Constitutional arguments that have gone on for years. For all of it's beauty and importance in the History of Democracy it is not exactly a model of clarity to the modern eye.

Wiki says:
The United States Constitution does not expressly assign the office to any one branch, causing a dispute among scholars whether it belongs to the executive branch, the legislative branch, or both.[7][8][9][10] The modern view of the vice president as a member of the executive branch is due in part to the assignment of executive duties to the vice president by either the president or Congress, though such activities are only recent historical developments.[7]

Here is some info on what may add to or clarify the confusion, including the amendments I mentioned at one point:

Clause 3: Electors

"...A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse [sic] from them by Ballot the Vice President".

The Twelfth Amendment introduced a number of important changes to the procedure. Now, Electors do not cast two votes for President; rather, they cast one vote for President and another for Vice President. In case no Presidential candidate receives a majority, the House chooses from the top three (not five, as with Vice Presidential candidates). The Amendment also requires the Senate to choose the Vice President from those with the two highest figures if no Vice Presidential candidate receives a majority of electoral votes (rather than only if there's a tie for second for President). It also stipulates that to be the Vice President, a person must be qualified to be the President.

By the time of their inauguration, the President and Vice President must be: natural born citizens, at least 35 years old, inhabitants of the United States for at least fourteen years.

Eligibility for holding the office of President and Vice-President were modified by subsequent amendments:
The Twelfth Amendment
(1804) requires the Vice-President to meet all of the qualifications of being President.
The Twenty-second Amendment (1951) prevents a President from being elected more than twice

Clause 6: Vacancy and disability
In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

(Note: This clause was partially superseded by the Twenty-fifth Amendment in 1967.)

The Twenty-fifth Amendment explicitly states that when the Presidency becomes vacant, the Vice President becomes President, and also establishes a procedure for filling a vacancy in the office of the Vice President. It supersedes the ambiguous wording of this clause.[3] The Amendment further provides that the President, or the Vice President and Cabinet, can declare the President unable to discharge his duties, in which case the Vice President becomes Acting President. If the declaration is done by the Vice President and Cabinet, the Amendment permits the President to take control back, unless the Vice President and Cabinet challenge the President and two-thirds of both Houses vote to sustain the findings of the Vice President and Cabinet. If the declaration is done by the President, he may take control back without risk of being overridden by the Congress.

Shhhhhhh!

Article 1 is about the Legislative branch. It says that the VP is the president of the Senate.

Yes it does, but the question is "Who are the members of the legislative branch?" If you read Article l thoroughly it lays out the composition, a Senate and it's powers and duties, House of Representatives, it's powers and duties. It tells how these members of the legislature are selected and the qualifications necessary to make them eligible for their particular offices. (Some amendments will happen later). But the only mention of the V.P. is his duty to preside over the Senate "but (he) shall have no vote unless they be equally divided." No mention anywhere of any mechanism by which he becomes an actual member of either body, and the very next clause states "The Senate shall chuse their other Officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the Absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the Office of President of the United States." This indicates his affiliation with the Executive Branch, which when you read on to Article ll will be reconfirmed.
You're fucking really dumb. The VP is the President of the Senate. That means he is a member of the legislative branch.

Fucking dumbass.

Sorry,
I shouldn't have tried to "show off" my knowledge of the Constitution as a non-citizen of the U.S. I should have been perfectly clear, so:

This info comes from: www.usa.gov/branches-of-government so if you're still in doubt try haranging them.

The Constitution of the United States divides the federal government into three branches to ensure a central government in which no individual or group gains too much control:

You have been duped by disinformation. The VP does not carry out laws.

Thank you.

I did that and, y'know....there's not a word in there about breaking anyone's heart.

Also not a word concerning whether a plagiarizing idiot might be in any way ineligible for either the vice presidency or The Supreme Court.

Maybe you have an earlier edition - a draft that the party somehow failed to get enacted?

My comments were directed at the guy who said the VP was in the legislative branch. Looks like I clicked on the wrong reply button. I couldn't have replied to your comment if I wanted to, having no idea what it means. But now my curiosity is really aroused. Who is "Plug"? Why would that post break his heart?

Joe Biden is not a member of the Obama administration. The VP is a member of the legislative branch, not the executive branch.

Shhhhhhh!

Fucking dumbass.

Sorry,

Shit, you must be a dedicated conspiracy theorist. Just out of curiosity what motivation would the government website I referred you to (www.usa.gov/branches-of-government), Wikipedia, and countless other www sites have to "dupe" everybody on this particular Constitutional detail? (The VP is a member of the Executive Branch.)

How many of the classical conspiracy theories do you ascribe to? 9/11 was an "inside job"? The killshot came from the grassy knoll? The Bilderbergers or the Rockefeller clan or the Zionists control the World's financial systems? No man has ever set foot on the Moon? Please, I'm dying to know.

Fucking dumbass.

Sorry,

Shit, you must be a dedicated conspiracy theorist. Just out of curiosity what motivation would the government website I referred you to (www.usa.gov/branches-of-government), Wikipedia, and countless other www sites have to "dupe" everybody on this particular Constitutional detail? (The VP is a member of the Executive Branch.)

How many of the classical conspiracy theories do you ascribe to? 9/11 was an "inside job"? The killshot came from the grassy knoll? The Bilderbergers or the Rockefeller clan or the Zionists control the World's financial systems? No man has ever set foot on the Moon? Please, I'm dying to know.
You're the only who has mentioned conspiracies here.

I simply stated the facts. I don't know where the fuck you got the idea that the Senate is in the Executive branch. I suspect it is your lack of reading comprehension skills.

Fucking dumbass.

Sorry,

You're the only who has mentioned conspiracies here.

I simply stated the facts. I don't know where the fuck you got the idea that the Senate is in the Executive branch. I suspect it is your lack of reading comprehension skills.

I said the VP is in the executive branch, never said anything about the Senate being in the executive branch. If you see that somewhere please point it out. You said I "... have been duped by disinformation". The latest information I have given you comes directly from a government website and Wikipedia, if the information is incorrect as you claim this dissemination of false information could only be the result of a deliberate conspiracy to misinform the public. That's the only interpretation of this "duping" carried out by multiple sites that you postulate I can think of. If you have another explanation as to why these sites according to you contain this "disinformation" (the VP is in the executive branch) please share it.

I said the VP is in the executive branch, never said anything about the Senate being in the executive branch.
The VP is the President of the Senate and the Senate is part of the Legislative branch, not the Executive branch.

The only time the VP has executive duties is in extraordinary circumstance (such as assassination) when he ceases to be the VP and becomes the president.

You simply lack the reading comprehension skills to get it. But since English is obviously not your first language, I guess that's an innocent mistake on your part.

I said the VP is in the executive branch, never said anything about the Senate being in the executive branch.
The VP is the President of the Senate and the Senate is part of the Legislative branch, not the Executive branch.

The only time the VP has executive duties is in extraordinary circumstance (such as assassination) when he ceases to be the VP and becomes the president.

You simply lack the reading comprehension skills to get it. But since English is obviously not your first language, I guess that's an innocent mistake on your part.

I can't read? You can't even comprehend a simple fucking diagram.

Now fuck off, you're either too stupid for me to waste any more time trying to communicate a simple idea to or you're acting stupid to cover embarrassment for your ignorance of the U.S.Constitution.

Stare at that fucking picture for a while and see if any info seeps through that thick fucking skull of your that was supposed to protect your brain. Oh, what's the matter, did you go out one day without your helmet?

Forum List

Back