ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
In a neighborhood close to the one I live in, there was a building torn down years ago, and all that time that past nothing was down with the lot the building once was on. Over the years it just sat there over come by grass weeds and litter. One day I was driving by and seen a bunch of locals cleaning it up. The next time I drove past there was fencing around the whole perimeter of the property. The next time I drove past there were vegetables and flowers growing.
Then I seen more and more community gardens/farms popping up in neighborhoods everywhere. Instead of letting abandoned homes and buildings just fall down, or just leaving empty lots collect litter, I think that community gardens/farms are a great idea. What about you?

In a neighborhood close to the one I live in, there was a building torn down years ago, and all that time that past nothing was down with the lot the building once was on. Over the years it just sat there over come by grass weeds and litter. One day I was driving by and seen a bunch of locals cleaning it up. The next time I drove past there was fencing around the whole perimeter of the property. The next time I drove past there were vegetables and flowers growing.
Then I seen more and more community gardens/farms popping up in neighborhoods everywhere. Instead of letting abandoned homes and buildings just fall down, or just leaving empty lots collect litter, I think that community gardens/farms are a great idea. What about you?
They are called allotments in the UK. A man,or woman, needs a bit of space to grow some fruitnveg. Its a good thing.

Forum List

Back