"Common Sense" Gun Control

6a00d834516bb169e2017c35e798e4970b-500wi

have you read the proposed NY state law?

It would make any firearm capable of firing more than 7 rounds illegal to own.

I currently own a 9 shot .22 revolver. What would I do if I lived in NY?
Fill 2 cylinders with cement?

Too many firearms are designed for 10 rounds for this bill to not be restrictive on gun owneship.

What about a reproduction Henry rifle?
That holds 12

Wanna turn those into scrap metal too? Prosecute the owners?

Make some sense man.

You are the one who doesn't make sense. Just because someone isn't a complete gun kook doesn't mean they support all those things passed in NY. I've read articles on what was passed and people are allowed to keep their existing assault weapons. I haven't read the law. These are the consequences when we have the clowns running the circus. Harry Reid loves his guns, but you people act like only right-wing kooks have an interest in this. You're going to screw it up for everyone if you don't come to your sanity.

If you people know so much about guns, why don't you know it's easy to reduce magazine size? You simply place something small enough to fit within the spring and long enough to prevent adding the extra cartriges. On a round spring, just cut a properly sized wooden dowel. If you can't do it, a gun shop can easily reduce magazine size.

I'm busy and can't afford to take my mags to a gun shop :D

You people ? Really?

You people? I don't live in New York.

I can understand your busy trying to pass that course in reading.

They have more home invasions, what's your point?

You say they do, but a home invasion can easily be prevented.

There is a problem on the internet with people who think they can just say something and it's true. What is the source of your information? To claim you have knowledge of something should key up the knowledge of how you discovered this fact. Without a source there is no point in saying it as a fact. You can say I heard and qualify, but you claim it's a fact.

The obvious point is the chances of you being a victim of homicide by gun are very small, but they 35 times more than someone from the UK. Even those small chances with a large population means 8,583 homicides by firearms in 2011. That's way too high.

Statistics don't scare me.

You aren't one of people in this country I'm concerned about.

yeah those criminals are just so good at obeying laws

The laws aren't for the criminals to obey.

How is a law going to keep a gun out of a criminals hand when the criminal won't obey the law?

If you want to get tough on gun violence then let's get a federal law passed that anyone who commits a violent crime with a gun other than self defense gets automatic life in prison without parole.

Ask your spiritual leader!

164.jpg

Our Gun, who art in Heaven

Hollow-Point is thy name....

The laws aren't for the criminals to obey.

How is a law going to keep a gun out of a criminals hand when the criminal won't obey the law?

If you want to get tough on gun violence then let's get a federal law passed that anyone who commits a violent crime with a gun other than self defense gets automatic life in prison without parole.

Ask your spiritual leader!

164.jpg

Our Gun, who art in Heaven

Hollow-Point is thy name....

I have no ideas who that guy is. And I don't pray to anyone or anything.

I depend on myself not idiots like you for my safety.

Rambos don't like the top one...

Dems don't like to be reminded that the top one is capable of the same damage as the bottom one...

You might be limited to 5 rounds on that hunting rifle, but you can buy a 30 round magazine for the bottom one. Which weapon could go into a room of 15 people and kill them all?

pssst, another one who doesn't know his facts. you can get a 30 for the top one too.

Rambos don't like the top one...

Dems don't like to be reminded that the top one is capable of the same damage as the bottom one...

You might be limited to 5 rounds on that hunting rifle, but you can buy a 30 round magazine for the bottom one. Which weapon could go into a room of 15 people and kill them all?
Thank you for illustrating your absolute ignorance.
You can get 5- 10- 20- and 30-rd mags for both rifles.

But hey - at least you didn't lie about it.

I was almost killed by an axe murder when I was six year old. I know about danger, I just don't live in fear.

I'm not afraid because I am not defenseless as you would want me to be

You are the one who is afraid which is why you want to restrict weapon ownership so the bad guys can't hurt you.

I want laws to keep guns out of criminal's hands and if makes it harder for you to get one, that's just too bad.

Making it harder for me to get a gun is an infringement of my rights. Where did I hear that word infringe before? Hint: The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

You say they do, but a home invasion can easily be prevented.

There is a problem on the internet with people who think they can just say something and it's true. What is the source of your information? To claim you have knowledge of something should key up the knowledge of how you discovered this fact. Without a source there is no point in saying it as a fact. You can say I heard and qualify, but you claim it's a fact.

The obvious point is the chances of you being a victim of homicide by gun are very small, but they 35 times more than someone from the UK. Even those small chances with a large population means 8,583 homicides by firearms in 2011. That's way too high.

Statistics don't scare me.

You aren't one of people in this country I'm concerned about.

I thought you were afraid of people with big guns.
3a51b2ae0c7a49213f311d4660032837.jpg
http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//3a/51/3a51b2ae0c7a49213f311d4660032837.jpg

I'm not afraid because I am not defenseless as you would want me to be

You are the one who is afraid which is why you want to restrict weapon ownership so the bad guys can't hurt you.

I want laws to keep guns out of criminal's hands and if makes it harder for you to get one, that's just too bad.

Making it harder for me to get a gun is an infringement of my rights. Where did I hear that word infringe before? Hint: The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

Any restriction on any gun at any time in any location is a violation of the second amendment.

Any restriction on any gun at any time in any location is a violation of the second amendment.

Nope. You should read Heller.

I don't need to read Heller, SCOTUS needs to read the Constitution where it says "shall not be infringed."

That's right, any time, any place. No permits, no background checks, no restrictions whatsoever. The second amendment is very clear "the right to keep and bear arms shall no be infringed" That means no one can take any gun from any person under any circumstance.

Nope. You should read Heller.

I don't need to read Heller, SCOTUS needs to read the Constitution where it says "shall not be infringed."

That's right, any time, any place. No permits, no background checks, no restrictions whatsoever. The second amendment is very clear "the right to keep and bear arms shall no be infringed" That means no one can take any gun from any person under any circumstance.

So if SCOTUS cannot interpret law...is there law ?

So if SCOTUS cannot interpret law...is there law ?

When it comes to the second amendment it is black and white. You either believe in the second amendment as unquestionable or you have gun grabbers. We don't want to gun grabbers taking away a God given right as written by the founding fathers.

Forum List

Back