Commentary on CNN Faux Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    What CNN has done with the last 2 debates brings to a new low our political process, they are reinforcing the idea that there is no point in trying to inform yourself.

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly...pedcolumnists/cnns_virtual_reality_353672.htm

2. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I have no idea why you would be suprised that people who worship guns, people who think the bible is literally true, and people who have confederate flags would send in questions for the youtube debate. That's the republican base. There are millions of them them like that.

Republican partisans were allowed to ask question via youtube at the democratic debate. Don't tell me you forgot about the guy holding his rifle while asking the question.

Democrats didn't whine and cry when partisan republicans were allowed to ask questions at the democratic debate. You'll need to stop being so sensitive. Get a hanky to dry those tears.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    No tears. Funny how you would be the first to rant about FOX doing the same with Code Pink (regular undecided Republicans), at a Democratic primary. But ooh I love the condescension.

4. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    this isn't rocket science:

-Republican partisans were allowed to ask questions of Democratic candidates, at Youtube debate. You saw no whining and crying from democrats.

-Democratic partisans ask questions at the GOP youtube debate. Republicans cry and whine.

Its pathetic.

I don't care who asks the question, if its a legitimate question. If a GOP candidate can't answer a question from a democrat, how on earth are they going to stand up to al qaeda?

5. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,102
  6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Where were the Republican questions at the Democratic CNN debate? I saw those billed as (D-undecided), that were tied with Democratic candidates, I didn't see any Republican plants.

Mind you, my criticism isn't directed at the DNC or any Democratic candidates, it's at CNN. Still not crying, problem is they are undermining the system.

7. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,102
    One guy holding a big gun and you assume he's a Republican. You'll need to do better than that. The folks we are discussing in regards to the last debate have strong ties to Democratic candidates or organizations closely associated with the Democratic party. That's a far cry from what may or may not have been a guy with a gun who votes the Republican ticket.

While I agree that anyone should be allowed to put forth a question or questions to any candidate, during the course of a televised debate one would think that it would be in the best interest of the host todisclose the associations of people asking questions if their ties to certain organizations give them a particular bias.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    When the right cleans it's own house, I'll find this type of thing more credible.

I'm also not sure why every term the left uses, for example FauxNews, gets hijcked by the right. Like everything is _____gate. :eusa_think:

I mean, I do understand it, I guess... it diminishes the original use of the term. I see the left do it with the word "nazis" and others do it with "holocaust", so I'm not saying it's only a sin of the right. But in terms of the particular things I mentioned, they would be specific to the right of the spectrum.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    That you do not care that your party uses networks that "fix" debates is just more proof of how far gone you are. You would be SCREAMING boody murder if Fox did the same for a Republican debate.

10. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I saw no Republican plants at the Dim debate....but that particular lie will surface often in the future.....

Dim plants at at the Dim debate
    and Dim plants at the Rep. debate....no one with an ounce of ethics even disputes that ......