Comedian robbed at gunpoint in D.C., now he is "Woke" and wants a permit to carry a gun...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
What do you call a left wing democrat who gets robbed at gun point in a democrat controlled city? A new supporter of the 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms....

This guy explains the exact point that too many anti gunners who have never experienced crime, never understand. We see it here all the time......the moron, anti gunner states..." I have never been a victim of a crime so no one needs to own or carry a gun ever, ever, ever, since stories about violent crime are just fairy tales right wing gun nuts tell so they can keep their weapons of war...." (anti gunner quote is not exact in words, but is dead on in spirit)

Comedian Robbed at Gunpoint Shifts Views on Firearms, Wants Concealed Carry Permit - Breitbart

WUSA9 reports that Young grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, and, until being robbed in D.C., never saw the need to get a gun, much less carry one. He indicated that “he’s been in some bad places in his life and nothing happened to him [in those places] … [so] he assumed things would continue to go that way.”

But that mindset changed abruptly when he stood helplessly as one of two suspects pointed a gun at him and demanded his valuables. Young said, “Terrified. You know, when I talk to people about this … you’re scared. There’s no man card involved. I was defenseless.”

He now says he will not allow himself to be in that defenseless position again: “When you’re in an instance where there’s a gun is pointed at you and your life is being threatened for your property and no one’s going to help—and now I know that no one’s going to help—I want to feel more secure. I want to feel safe, and I have something to defend myself with.”

----

As for people who continue to oppose concealed carry, Young said, “I think a lot of those people who are opposed to having a conceal carry permit and being able to own a weapon have never had one pointed directly at them when they have nothing on them.”

An update on the story...with more info.

Washington Examiner Writer to Pursue DC Gun-Carry Permit in Wake of Armed Robbery

"I would've been able to defend myself. I know that." he said. "I'm certain that they would have run had I been able to concealed carry and was armed. I am 100 percent certain that had I been concealed carrying I would have been able to protect myself."

His robbery, a few blocks from the first district police station at a time of night when many people are on the streets and in a newly refreshed neighborhood the city is hoping will attract diners and entertainment-seekers, is proof to Young that robbers can strike throughout any part of the city.

"Anyone can be robbed anywhere in town and you should, as a citizen, have the right to defend yourself, but it's going to be damn near impossible to be able to obtain a weapon to do so," he said.

Tim Young hardly looks like a 'left wing democrat' in his writings.
Do you have any evidence that he didn't support the 2nd Amendment?

You mean other than the story from the first Post?

That'll do...can you quote the part where he didn't support the 2nd Amendment?

Here you go......

WUSA9 reports that Young grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, and, until being robbed in D.C., never saw the need to get a gun, much less carry one. He indicated that “he’s been in some bad places in his life and nothing happened to him [in those places] … [so] he assumed things would continue to go that way.”

So now...he is finally "Woke" as left wingers say....and he wants to engage his 2nd Amendment Rights....sadly, he lives and works in D.C......so doing that will be very difficult...

That'll do...can you quote the part where he didn't support the 2nd Amendment?

Here you go......

So now...he is finally "Woke" as left wingers say....and he wants to engage his 2nd Amendment Rights....sadly, he lives and works in D.C......so doing that will be very difficult...
I'll ask again...can you quote the part where he didn't support the 2nd Amendment?

What do you call a left wing democrat who gets robbed at gun point in a democrat controlled city? A new supporter of the 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms....

This guy explains the exact point that too many anti gunners who have never experienced crime, never understand. We see it here all the time......the moron, anti gunner states..." I have never been a victim of a crime so no one needs to own or carry a gun ever, ever, ever, since stories about violent crime are just fairy tales right wing gun nuts tell so they can keep their weapons of war...." (anti gunner quote is not exact in words, but is dead on in spirit)

Comedian Robbed at Gunpoint Shifts Views on Firearms, Wants Concealed Carry Permit - Breitbart

But that mindset changed abruptly when he stood helplessly as one of two suspects pointed a gun at him and demanded his valuables. Young said, “Terrified. You know, when I talk to people about this … you’re scared. There’s no man card involved. I was defenseless.”

He now says he will not allow himself to be in that defenseless position again: “When you’re in an instance where there’s a gun is pointed at you and your life is being threatened for your property and no one’s going to help—and now I know that no one’s going to help—I want to feel more secure. I want to feel safe, and I have something to defend myself with.”

----

As for people who continue to oppose concealed carry, Young said, “I think a lot of those people who are opposed to having a conceal carry permit and being able to own a weapon have never had one pointed directly at them when they have nothing on them.”
Mean while most of the people I know who live in Ohio who have concealed carry permits are giving them back. They have found that guns get pointed at them for traffic stops if they are a registered carrier. This is sad because we shouold be able to carry and be safer, but not the case here. Do not get me wrong they have not stopped carrying they just prefer to9 do it illegaly to prevent getting shot by the cops!

Forum List

Back