Comcast XFinity

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Any of you have XFinity?
I have had ATT Uverse for several years now and am getting more than fed up with poor wireless performance and all too often jittery Hi-def TV.
They replaced the modem 3 times and it is better but still has to be reset a couple times a week.
It drops wireless connections several times a day and goes thru periods of less than 100kbs per second standing 2 feet away from the modem.
WHo here has XFinity?

Thanks ahead of time.

I have it and have never had a problem with local service or help. The only issue I had was I live in a pocket that for some reason was part of the Comcast service, south of where I live. The weather was for that area, which I could live with, but the problem was their billing department was one of the worst in the area, they could never get anything right.
Thankfully when I switched back they had already become Xfinity and the billing was local due to a restructuring.
When I went back with Comcast I was given a great deal but all of a sudden my bills were $35 higher than the contract stated. Called the salesman and Comcast headquarters, they couldn't do anything so I took my contract to the local office, they looked it over and made the necessary changes, I was done and on my way in 5 minutes.
This is the third time we've had Comcast and are extremely pleased with them, the only reason we switched this last time was we supposedly got a better deal with Verizon, who proceeded to screw us over with billing issues from the get-go and because I didn't have the monthly charge in writing, though I did have a one year contract I had to put up with them for a year.
Realize Comcast is big, some of their billing programs are limited as to what regional customer service can do, get everything in writing and deal directly with your local office if any issues arise.

I have it and have never had a problem with local service or help. The only issue I had was I live in a pocket that for some reason was part of the Comcast service, south of where I live. The weather was for that area, which I could live with, but the problem was their billing department was one of the worst in the area, they could never get anything right.
Thankfully when I switched back they had already become Xfinity and the billing was local due to a restructuring.
When I went back with Comcast I was given a great deal but all of a sudden my bills were $35 higher than the contract stated. Called the salesman and Comcast headquarters, they couldn't do anything so I took my contract to the local office, they looked it over and made the necessary changes, I was done and on my way in 5 minutes.
This is the third time we've had Comcast and are extremely pleased with them, the only reason we switched this last time was we supposedly got a better deal with Verizon, who proceeded to screw us over with billing issues from the get-go and because I didn't have the monthly charge in writing, though I did have a one year contract I had to put up with them for a year.
Realize Comcast is big, some of their billing programs are limited as to what regional customer service can do, get everything in writing and deal directly with your local office if any issues arise.

Thanks!

Geez...XFinity is a lot higher than UVerse...

Cost wise? Contact them about deals.

Yeah...it might be there site is not showing deals.
What it shows for my area is $116 for "performance" internet and the mid-range TV lineup. I pay $78 for basically the same thing for Uverse.
That is a big difference.

I pretty much pay that before taxes for cable, internet and phone with all the movie channels and I don't have the super-duper high end internet connection, mine's really fast as it is.

Any of you have XFinity?
I have had ATT Uverse for several years now and am getting more than fed up with poor wireless performance and all too often jittery Hi-def TV.
They replaced the modem 3 times and it is better but still has to be reset a couple times a week.
It drops wireless connections several times a day and goes thru periods of less than 100kbs per second standing 2 feet away from the modem.
WHo here has XFinity?

Thanks ahead of time.

I do. Love it. Lots of choices.

Whatever service you have cannot be worse than xfinity. They promise one thing and arbitrarily change it, including billing. Calling support consumes hours (literally), transfers to multiple departments, and being hung up on. They subcontract their technicians, each of which will say the last was an idiot. Buyer beware: You will regret xfinity/comcast.

I have xfinity. Great customer service, a bit pricey, but I want what I want. I just started using ON DEMAND and am watching cable series when I am on USMB at night. The phone/cable/internet service package is best for value. I tried to get rid of the phone and the price went up so the package is the way to go. At the end of my contracts I call to get a deal and they are more than willing to work with me.

Whatever service you have cannot be worse than xfinity. They promise one thing and arbitrarily change it, including billing. Calling support consumes hours (literally), transfers to multiple departments, and being hung up on. They subcontract their technicians, each of which will say the last was an idiot. Buyer beware: You will regret xfinity/comcast.

When you sign up you receive a thing called a 'contract'. If they change or violate the contract take it into your local outlet. If they can't or won't honor it you have legal recourse, or didn't you know that........

Forum List

Back