Colouring it beautiful: artists on the loose in a refugee camp - in pictures

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It is nice to see these unfortunate children having a little enjoyment in their lives.

Colouring it beautiful: artists on the loose in a refugee camp - in pictures
“I miss the trees and green things.” A painting project for Syrian children in a refugee camp allows them to get messy

Thursday 20 November 2014 12.30 EST

• Con
    After almost four years of war in Syria, many cities are left besieged and over nine million Syrian people have been displaced. After finding refuge in neighbouring nations, children struggle with the realities of displacement. Their communities have been destroyed and their lives uprooted.

Photograph: Samantha Robison/Samantha Robison

Continue reading at:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/gallery/2014

Got it. Thanks.

This makes me think of Jim Morrison of the Doors singing "I've been down so God damn long... that it looks like Up to me".

When your heart, soul, and psyche have been pummeled into less than nothing for what seems an eternity it is the seemingly simplest of things that can bring light and hope to an otherwise dark and endless tunnel.

Art can be an outlet in the most horrid of places. It makes my heart ache to see how the lives of these people have been uprooted and shattered by such violence.

Forum List

Back