Colorado passes universal background checks and legalizes pot. Violent crime up 25%

I don't ever buy guns from anyone but a licensed dealer and I don't sell guns to anyone. I will trade one in when I buy a new one.

But if I was going to sell a gun to a person I don't know I would insist on a licensed dealer acting as the agent so that a background check could be run.

I do not want to be responsible for a person who is legally prohibited from buying a gun getting his hands on one.

• Banned
I don't ever buy guns from anyone but a licensed dealer and I don't sell guns to anyone. I will trade one in when I buy a new one.

But if I was going to sell a gun to a person I don't know I would insist on a licensed dealer acting as the agent so that a background check could be run.

I do not want to be responsible for a person who is legally prohibited from buying a gun getting his hands on one.
Isn't it nice that the government isn't FORCING you to exercise your own free will to make those decisions?

Isn't it nice that the government isn't FORCING you to exercise your own free will to make those decisions?

Not everyone is as responsible as him.

The lower it was at baseline, the less significant a 25% increase actually is.

The lower it was at baseline, the less significant a 25% increase actually is.
They are certainly still lower than many states. Wonder if the marijuana laws have brought in a lot of new population?

Deporting illegals would have likely lowered the murder rate significantly more but you know, it really isn't about saving lives is it?

Murder rate dropped.
By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

there were 14,403 victims of aggravated assault in 2018.
Don’t be so negative. It’s funny I haven’t heard much about this with all the legalizing of marijuana talk. Not finding any info on an explanation for increase.
The point isn't so much the increase as it is the abject failure of the gun laws intended purpose.
Im not pro gun law, but thats a bad inference because youre talking about an increase in violent crime when the correlation youre espousing by citing the gun law should be an increase in gun crime. Just here to help.

Murder rate dropped.
By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

there were 14,403 victims of aggravated assault in 2018.
Don’t be so negative. It’s funny I haven’t heard much about this with all the legalizing of marijuana talk. Not finding any info on an explanation for increase.
The point isn't so much the increase as it is the abject failure of the gun laws intended purpose.
Are these even gun related violent crimes? Isn’t it more likely the effect of the marijuana laws? US crime rates dropped line a rock after background checks.

Colorado approves universal background checks for gun purchases

Report: Colorado’s violent crime rate continues to climb

So what can we learn here. Can the government actually protect you or your property with laws?

Hmm

We can learn you're a disgusting liar.

They passed the law today. It has not gone into effect yet.

So all that increased crime has happened BEFORE the law was passed and went into effect.

What we can learn here is that not having background checks and allowing just anyone to buy a weapon increases crime. We can learn here that more weapons in the hands of civilians causes crime to increase.

The time to make YOUR claim is AFTER the law has been in effect for at least a year. Then you will be able to say whether that law helped or not.

Insinuating that crime has increased in Colorado because of a law that was passed today and has not gone into effect yet is nothing but a lie.

But then if you far right radical extremists couldn't lie you wouldn't have anything to say.

Forum List

Back