Colorado baker told to bake that cake

For Tommy to understand....

The high court's majority stated that "under Colorado’s logic, the government may compel anyone who speaks for pay on a given topic to accept all commissions on that same topic — no matter the message — if the topic somehow implicates a customer’s statutorily protected trait."

For Tommy to understand....

The high court's majority stated that "under Colorado’s logic, the government may compel anyone who speaks for pay on a given topic to accept all commissions on that same topic — no matter the message — if the topic somehow implicates a customer’s statutorily protected trait."
Thats incredibly convoluted isnt it ? Think about it a different way. If regular people banned servise to christians would that be fair ?

Thats incredibly convoluted isnt it ? Think about it a different way. If regular people banned servise to christians would that be fair ?

If they owned the business...then yes......they can do what they want with their private business.......and people who don't like that they do that can take their business to someone else....that is how freedom works.....

It is funny that you think conservatives....who believe in individual freedom and the free market would be against a private business serving or not serving whoever they wanted to serve or not serve.....you really don't understand conservatives or their values.

We value freedom and individual Rights.

If someone owns a business....which is still private property...they should be able to do what they want with that business.....

We also know that businesses that serve all people, regardless of skin color or politics, or religious affiliation do better, make more money, and are better all around.....but they must be free to do so, rather than compelled by government either way...

The problem we had in this country after the Republicans defeated the democrats and then freed the slaves...the democrat party created laws that forced people. to not serve blacks in their businesses..........that was wrong....people who would have served blacks in their businesses were prevented from doing so by the democrat party governments in control of those states........

You really, really need to understand what is going on over here before you comment on it...

It is funny that you think conservatives....who believe in individual freedom and the free market would be against a private business serving or not serving whoever they wanted to serve or not serve.....you really don't understand conservatives or their values.

If someone owns a business....which is still private property...they should be able to do what they want with that business.....

We also know that businesses that serve all people, regardless of skin color or politics, or religious affiliation do better, make more money, and are better all around.....but they must be free to do so, rather than compelled by government either way...

The problem we had in this country after the Republicans defeated the democrats and then freed the slaves...the democrat party created laws that forced people. to not serve blacks in their businesses..........that was wrong....people who would have served blacks in their businesses were prevented from doing so by the democrat party governments in control of those states........

You really, really need to understand what is going on over here before you comment on it...

It's simply because they can't imagine themselves being nearly so open minded.

If a christian went to a Muslim, and demanded that the Muslim create something that was antithetical to the muslims belief, do you think that Muslim would do it, tell the Christian to get out of his place of business, or kill the Christian?

If a christian went to a Muslim, and demanded that the Muslim create something that was antithetical to the muslims belief, do you think that Muslim would do it, tell the Christian to get out of his place of business, or kill the Christian?
They should do. The law should apply to all and public businesses should serve the public. But this was a bullshit case anyway.
Why are republicans trying to create a two tier society ? I thought you were all equal ?

Well alrighty then. Muslim guy owns a private business property. Hangs a shingle out stating "Traditional, Affordable, Gourmet Lox and Bagels. Serving Jews and Christians only!" He waits until lunch time. Opens the doors and takes everyone's order while "the store" fills to capacity at which point he excuses himself saying, "Wow, busy today. Be back in 15 minutes with everyone's order. Your patience is appreciated and shall soon be rewarded." He then disappears into "the kitchen" where he remotely locks all the doors and feeds anthrax gas into "the store" area through the ventilation system..

"Conservative" ethics, baby!
freedom and individual Rights.

Well alrighty then. Muslim guy owns a private business property. Hangs a shingle out stating "Traditional, Affordable, Gourmet Lox and Bagels. Serving Jews and Christians only!" He waits until lunch time. Opens the doors and takes everyone's order while "the store" fills to capacity at which point he excuses himself saying, "Wow, busy today. Be back in 15 minutes with everyone's order. Your patience is appreciated and shall soon be rewarded." He then disappears into "the kitchen" where he remotely locks all the doors and feeds anthrax gas into "the store" area through the ventilation system..

"Conservative" ethics, baby!

Whatnoa so hard about rhe concept of freedom that is so hard for you fascists to understand?

They should do. The law should apply to all and public businesses should serve the public. But this was a bullshit case anyway.
Why are republicans trying to create a two tier society ? I thought you were all equal ?

We arent, you are...

what is it about freedom that you do not understand?

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
The Bible also says men can only wear men’s clothing and women only women clothing. Deut. 22:5,”Trans is an abomination.

That is their right IF I asked for a strictly Christian type message to be put on a cake.

But that "convoluted" explanation cuts both ways. It means I can't forcibly hire Planned Parenthood spokespersons (Nationwide abortion Clinics) to give lectures, marketing campaigns, and government lobbying on behalf of "Right to Life" campaigns. (The exact opposite of what they believe)

Nor can I hire all those LGBTQ spokespeople to lobby for traditional nuclear families....because they object on moral grounds.

BUT

We CAN have it your way....let's see how quickly the conservatives can forcibly hire these spokespeople to lobby for what they don't believe in.

Whatnoa so hard about rhe concept of freedom that is so hard for you fascists to understand?
So you'd have no problem with that Muslim guy. I know. I wrote that fable simply to expose your lack of any logical limit. Great job.
Fascist.

So you'd have no problem with that Muslim guy. I know. I wrote that fable simply to expose your lack of any logical limit. Great job.
Fascist.

You think your dumb post did that?

You need to stop mixing your booze with your meds and you really need your doc to adjust your meds…….they are making you post really stupid things….

That is their right IF I asked for a strictly Christian type message to be put on a cake.

But that "convoluted" explanation cuts both ways. It means I can't forcibly hire Planned Parenthood spokespersons (Nationwide abortion Clinics) to give lectures, marketing campaigns, and government lobbying on behalf of "Right to Life" campaigns. (The exact opposite of what they believe)

Nor can I hire all those LGBTQ spokespeople to lobby for traditional nuclear families....because they object on moral grounds.

BUT

We CAN have it your way....let's see how quickly the conservatives can forcibly hire these spokespeople to lobby for what they don't believe in.
All of this falls apart when they start refusing service to blacks or muslims or any other minority their fake religion believes in.

Alternatively they could just grow up and be decent people.

Forum List

Back