College Degree Guarantee

It is interesting, however it is short on details.
$37,000 is roughly $17.80 an hour. How much time goes by before the student can make the claim? Are there student responsibilities such as they have to apply for so many jobs etc.?
There must be some kind of requirements.
At the same time - YOU HAVE TO GRADUATE.
Facts on their website, 34% of Freshman drop out. Which makes Adrian college below average on first year retention. However they have a total graduation rate of 48% for those that stay after their first year. Which is almost 20% above the national average.

At any rate - what are the details?

"Adrian College not only wants its graduates to get good-paying jobs, it guarantees it. If Adrian students don't make $37,000 a year, the small private school in Michigan will pay all or part of their loans through an insurance company."

According to the video Adrian College is a 40,000 a year school. I suspect that would include tuition along with estimated living expenses. However, it seems that part of that money is going to buy this insurance that graduates will earn at least $37,000 a year. This means that the the school is at no risk because it's buying insurance.

I would like to know the terms and cost of this so called insurance. I suspect that the insurance company will be making out like bandits.

$37,000 is roughly $17.80 an hour. How much time goes by before the student can make the claim? Are there student responsibilities such as they have to apply for so many jobs etc.?
Facts on their website, 34% of Freshman drop out. Which makes Adrian college below average on first year retention. However they have a total graduation rate of 48% for those that stay after their first year. Which is almost 20% above the national average.

Interesting questions. I have know women that get married after graduating from college and live off the husband's income. Will the claim be paid if someone doesn't even try to get a job?

Interesting questions. I have know women that get married after graduating from college and live off the husband's income. Will the claim be paid if someone doesn't even try to get a job?

Exactly.
My own daughter may be one of them,
She is a first year CRT (respiratory therapist) and is of course working night shift, 12 hours a day, 3 days a week. She has been dating a Doctor there for several months...looks to be getting serious. He has made several statements about he doesn't like her working at night. If they did get married, I have little doubt she will quit.

Exactly.
She is a first year CRT (respiratory therapist) and is of course working night shift, 12 hours a day, 3 days a week. She has been dating a Doctor there for several months...looks to be getting serious. He has made several statements about he doesn't like her working at night. If they did get married, I have little doubt she will quit.
I would hazard to guess that if someone quits a job making at least 37,000 that the insurance would not pay.

Exactly.
I would hazard to guess that if someone quits a job making at least 37,000 that the insurance would not pay.

I wouldn't think so, course she make more than $37k - which depending on the degree is not very good really.

The smartest thing our country could do is educate our people.

But, of course, the right is against "elitist" education".

The right believes all our students should learn is "you want fries with that??

You can not post anything that is true can you? You are the new Truthdoesn'tmatter poster.

I don't think people have an issue with getting an education, I think it depends on a few things:

1) What you major in
2) What is the financial advantage in the long run

My degree is great and I have no problems with it.....one of my best friends who majored in music? Not so much....

I'm not suggesting that there's no value in majoring in music. I'm suggesting that the value isn't necessarily monetary.

The real problem in our corrupt higher education system...

studentloans.jpg

NA-BW321_STUDEN_G_20130509180304.jpg

College%20Inflation.jpg

Unites States Graduation Rates>>>

final2.jpg

The above graphs...since the U.S. Government began it's insane "everyone should to go to college, and we will pay for it" drive - the above graphs show the results.
I saved this one to also show the value of today's diluted college degree..
blog-class-of-2014-wages.png

Yeah. When the minimum wage becomes $20.00 per hour most college grads will either make the minimum wage or be totally unemployed.

Actually we think they should learn to use a ratchet, or splice wires, or place concrete if that is their aptitude, and not be shunted into elementary basketweaving or "help help I'm being oppressed" studies just because "everyone has to go to college"

Graduation from college or a University with a four-year degree includes core classes in a wide variety of disciplines. A graduate does not simply take classes in their major (obvious to most of us). Thus, many employers simply want to see that their employees have the ambition and intelligence they want in their staff. Most jobs today are OJT, even with a degree few jobs are 'turn key' operations.

Actually we think they should learn to use a ratchet, or splice wires, or place concrete if that is their aptitude, and not be shunted into elementary basketweaving or "help help I'm being oppressed" studies just because "everyone has to go to college"

Right on!!!! I'm grateful that we still had auto shop, woodworking, and metal shop available when I was in high school. I gained great, valuable information from those classes.

Unfortunately (at least in California) the Libtards had a lot to do with the removal of the truly educational classes like Metal Shop, Auto Shop, Wood Shop, etc. Not only did the money that went towards those classes go towards higher wages for the Union Teachers but the Libtards in California's legislation were "concerned about safety." Dumbasses!!!

Forum List

Back