Coal miners are terrified Trump's win will cost them their Affordable Health Care

Isnt it Ironic. Trumps plan for black lung is this

512e206fbb6ad999be376588d40784cdc422f9d8c2fdbbb67b75b3f9a8aaba56.jpg
Shit for brains, most coal is minded open pit style. No such thing as black lung in open pit coal mines you fucking retard... :lmao:

Why are you discussing the style that coal is mined when thats not the topic. Hell, are you going to next mention that they wear helmets too?

Who said there was black lung in open pits anyway? No one.
What I'm saying is most coal is mined open pit style, using the "black lung" shit means nothing because it does not pertain to most coal mining. dip shit
Where are most coal mining is done is harmless to everyone and everything… Fact

Is there anyone discussing the methods of coal mining besides you? No.

We're discussing people who already have it. Fact. We're not talking about who DOESNT have black lung.
You're going off the assumption that coal mining is a bad thing… Nothing could be farther from the truth. Fact

I mention black lung - You mention methods of mining
I mention black lung - You talk about people who dont have black lung
I mention black lung - you talk about I think mining is bad.

Can you stay on topic?

In coal country, some worry Trump will take away black lung benefits

Again and again, President-elect Donald Trump presented himself as the coal miners’ candidate.

That’s because buried in the Affordable Care Act are three sentences that made it much easier to access these benefits. If Trump repeals Obamacare — as he vowed to do before the election — and does not keep that section on the books, the miners will be back to where they were in 2009, when it was exceedingly difficult to be awarded compensation for “black lung” disease.

“The vast majority of people were denied benefits. People would take these cases through the black lung court system and they would be denied because the companies could sow the shadow of a seed of a doubt.”

These changes in the Affordable Care Act not only meant that Arvis Toler ended up being awarded benefits shortly before he died in 2015, but also that his 70-year-old widow, Sue, has continued to receive compensation every month.

The coal industry opposes these rules.

Even so, many coal miners and their advocates are concerned that their fates are tied to a piece of legislation that has, in a certain sense, just lost an election, especially in coal-producing states such as Kentucky and West Virginia. Lawyers working on this issue are worried that repeal of the ACA could mean no compensation for new claimants and the potential loss of benefits for anyone who won them since the law passed.

“I want to make sure that coal country doesn’t assume that they are going to be taken care of just because a lot of our political leaders have voiced support for our region,” he said. “I wish I could be more optimistic that they truly would keep their promise.”

The uncertainty about these benefits is even more worrisome to her because of evidence showing an increase in both the prevalence and severity of black lung cases

-------------------------------------
“I wish I could be more optimistic that they truly would keep their promise.”

Hello, we are talking about Republicans. You know, "Let him die". These coal people are totally fucked. And the comments below the article. Sad.
The GOP base always voting against their own self interests.
Reach out and grab em by the p9ssies.

Again and again, President-elect Donald Trump presented himself as the coal miners’ candidate.

That’s because buried in the Affordable Care Act are three sentences that made it much easier to access these benefits. If Trump repeals Obamacare — as he vowed to do before the election — and does not keep that section on the books, the miners will be back to where they were in 2009, when it was exceedingly difficult to be awarded compensation for “black lung” disease.

“The vast majority of people were denied benefits. People would take these cases through the black lung court system and they would be denied because the companies could sow the shadow of a seed of a doubt.”

These changes in the Affordable Care Act not only meant that Arvis Toler ended up being awarded benefits shortly before he died in 2015, but also that his 70-year-old widow, Sue, has continued to receive compensation every month.

Even so, many coal miners and their advocates are concerned that their fates are tied to a piece of legislation that has, in a certain sense, just lost an election, especially in coal-producing states such as Kentucky and West Virginia. Lawyers working on this issue are worried that repeal of the ACA could mean no compensation for new claimants and the potential loss of benefits for anyone who won them since the law passed.

“I want to make sure that coal country doesn’t assume that they are going to be taken care of just because a lot of our political leaders have voiced support for our region,” he said. “I wish I could be more optimistic that they truly would keep their promise.”

The uncertainty about these benefits is even more worrisome to her because of evidence showing an increase in both the prevalence and severity of black lung cases

Hello, we are talking about Republicans. You know, "Let him die". These coal people are totally fucked. And the comments below the article. Sad.

What do you care? If the Dems have their way there will be no coal industry. You're bipolar.

Yes, Obama and Clinton have decimated those folks. They overwhelmingly support Donald Trump as President. The OP is just a sore loser Bullshitter.
Always was, always will be.

Shit for brains, most coal is minded open pit style. No such thing as black lung in open pit coal mines you fucking retard... :lmao:

Why are you discussing the style that coal is mined when thats not the topic. Hell, are you going to next mention that they wear helmets too?

What I'm saying is most coal is mined open pit style, using the "black lung" shit means nothing because it does not pertain to most coal mining. dip shit

We're discussing people who already have it. Fact. We're not talking about who DOESNT have black lung.
You're going off the assumption that coal mining is a bad thing… Nothing could be farther from the truth. Fact

Can you stay on topic?
Most people that are mining and have mined coal have no chance of getting black lung... Fact

He is not getting rid of the insurance. He is going to FIX It.. Because the way it is now it is going to crash and burn ..

Well, I guess I could come out of retirement after ACA is repealed, and go back to my last health insurance position, VP of Underwriting. My job was to see that everyone with health conditions likely to exceed in cost the premiums that they would be paying was denied coverage. I did my job well, and apparently, republican voters (to my surprise) really like what I did! I already knew that republican businessmen liked what I did. We were all running the insurance industry ourselves at the time.

you want to know a secret? if you don't repeal obamacare, you're going to find out that all those racist deplorables work at the insurance companies, and then you'll be sorry.
They don't all work there.
Many are homeless or living in trailers.
Or doing unskilled labor at minimum wage or less.
In the midwest, many work at McDonald's and Burger King.

How can you not know that?

26afdb11c9607d1a805014783820941a.jpg

MMM mmm, going to the road kill cook off!
after checking into your credit score, seems you need a flu shot.

This topic already got blown up once. Obamacare did nothing for miners with black lung disease. There is no insurance company that provides benefits for miners with black lung disease. How many times are you going to retread this lie.

Billionaire Wilbur Ross will be Commerce Secretary.

You remember him. He owned that mine that blew up and killed a dozen minors. The scandalous mine that had all those safety infractions Republicans want to deregulate.

Remember? He said he was aware of all the violations, but the guys running the mine said it was safe. But how would he know? He owns a mine he never visited.

Now he is going to be Secretary of Commerce in a swamp free Trump Administration.

Can you stay on topic?

Is this an anti-smoking campaign ?

Billionaire Wilbur Ross will be Commerce Secretary.

You remember him. He owned that mine that blew up and killed a dozen minors. The scandalous mine that had all those safety infractions Republicans want to deregulate.

Remember? He said he was aware of all the violations, but the guys running the mine said it was safe. But how would he know? He owns a mine he never visited.

Now he is going to be Secretary of Commerce in a swamp free Trump Administration.

What's that got to do with your OP.

Military intelligence...?????

If you're trying to be the canary in the coal mine, you suck at it.

Hey shit for brains, most of the coal comes from open pit mining… No such thing as black lung in open pit mining you fucking retarded fuck up… LOL
Which states produce the most coal? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Uninformed nits like you exemplify the effects of RW propaganda. Yes, most of the 52 major mines in the US ere surface mines; machines do most of the work in those type of mines. But, you weren't told by your Republican puppet masters that a 2010 fact sheet report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that 51% of mining employees work underground. Nor, it seems, were you informed that Black Lung is but one of the myriad dangers lurking underground that could land a miner in the hospital.

According to a 2007 assessment, 21 of 52 MAJOR coal mines were underground . Perhaps that number has changed in the past nine years, but humans are still susceptible to Black Lung by worknig in underground mines.

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 12.24.26 AM.png

Hey shit for brains, most of the coal comes from open pit mining… No such thing as black lung in open pit mining you fucking retarded fuck up… LOL
Which states produce the most coal? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Uninformed nits like you exemplify the effects of RW propaganda. Yes, most of the 52 major mines in the US ere surface mines; machines do most of the work in those type of mines. But, you weren't told by your Republican puppet masters that a 2010 fact sheet report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that 51% of mining employees work underground. Nor, it seems, were you informed that Black Lung is but one of the myriad dangers lurking underground that could land a miner in the hospital.

According to a 2007 assessment, 21 of 52 MAJOR coal mines were underground . Perhaps that number has changed in the past nine years, but humans are still susceptible to Black Lung by worknig in underground mines.

View attachment 100485
Nine years ago... :lmao:
you better get something more current it's not even close now…

View attachment 100485
Really? Post a link. I'm interested.

View attachment 100485
Really? Post a link. I'm interested.
I guess in his haste he didn't see that my narrative also included the reference to a 2010 fact sheet from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Like you, I am waiting for him to produce sources to back up his claims.

Saw a woman who voted for Trump. She makes 2 bucks an hour less than men where she works. She said she voted for Trump because he's for equal pay. When it was pointed out that only Hillary was for equal pay, she said she didn't believe it. Weren't all the candidates for equal pay? Talk about stupid.

Forum List

Back