CO2 our friend

Personally the extremely real threat of another ice age is far more of a concern to me than the threat of warming.

That doesn't make sense. CO2 added to the atmosphere could radically change the climate over the next 50-100 years, but you prefer to worry about something that's thousands in the future?!?!

Personally the extremely real threat of another ice age is far more of a concern to me than the threat of warming.

That doesn't make sense. CO2 added to the atmosphere could radically change the climate over the next 50-100 years, but you prefer to worry about something that's thousands in the future?!?!

It makes lots of sense for these reasons:

>The ice age threat is REAL

>the threat is enormous!

>there is absolutely no reason to assume that warming would be a bad thing, that's just alarmism.

And how would you know that threat is 1000's of years in the future? For 4 million years 70% of that period has been dominated by ace ages which repeat and withdraw in cycles. We are due for one now. It could happen tomorrow. And depending on where you live you might just see year round snow storms in St Louis, or you might be under a mile of ice in Seattle/Duluth/Chicago.

Ahh konrad, you alarmists have been making that claim for 30+years. It "could" happen tomorrow, the tipping point has almost been reached, blah, blah, blah. We've all heard it so many times our ears are bleeding.

Guess what you're wrong! Your whole religion is wrong! I think one of your very own (Schneider) said it best

"we are not just scientists but human beings as well. And like most people we’d like to see our world a better place, which in this context translates into our working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climate change. To do that we have to get some broad-based public support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, entails getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. . . . Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."

Please note the sentence I highlighted. I need say no more. Your religion is hoist on its own petard. Schneider BTW is editor of Climate Change, and was the editor of Discover.

Forum List

Back