CNN's Angela Rye: Washington, Jefferson Statues "Need To Come Down"

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
CNN's Angela Rye called for statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson to come down Thursday on the network.

"American history is not all glorious... George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not, he wasn't protecting my freedoms," the network contributor said.

"
ANGELA RYE, CNN POLITICAL COMMENTATOR: We have to get to the heart of the problem here. The heart is the way many of us were taught American history. American history is not all glorious. I love John to death, but I couldn't disagree more about George Washington. George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not, he wasn't protecting my freedoms. I wasn't someone -- my ancestors weren't deemed human beings. To me, I don't care if it's a George Washington statue or Thomas Jefferson, they all need to come down. There is a way to recognize...

I'm not feeding into white supremacy. I'm calling out white supremacy for what it is. And sometimes what it is, John, are blind spots. Sometimes what it is, is not acknowledging this country was built on a very violent past that resulted in death and the rape and the killing of my ancestors. I'm not going to allow us to say it's OK for Robert E. Lee and not a George Washington. We need to call it what it is. I don't say they don't deserve to be taught about. We definitely need to learn about it so we don't repeat it. We are close to repeating it right now. I'm not giving any deference to George Washington or Robert E. Lee. "

Just keep pushing.

CNN's Angela Rye called for statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson to come down Thursday on the network.

"American history is not all glorious... George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not, he wasn't protecting my freedoms," the network contributor said.

"
ANGELA RYE, CNN POLITICAL COMMENTATOR: We have to get to the heart of the problem here. The heart is the way many of us were taught American history. American history is not all glorious. I love John to death, but I couldn't disagree more about George Washington. George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not, he wasn't protecting my freedoms. I wasn't someone -- my ancestors weren't deemed human beings. To me, I don't care if it's a George Washington statue or Thomas Jefferson, they all need to come down. There is a way to recognize...

I'm not feeding into white supremacy. I'm calling out white supremacy for what it is. And sometimes what it is, John, are blind spots. Sometimes what it is, is not acknowledging this country was built on a very violent past that resulted in death and the rape and the killing of my ancestors. I'm not going to allow us to say it's OK for Robert E. Lee and not a George Washington. We need to call it what it is. I don't say they don't deserve to be taught about. We definitely need to learn about it so we don't repeat it. We are close to repeating it right now. I'm not giving any deference to George Washington or Robert E. Lee. "

Just keep pushing.
They are full of themselves.

"

Just keep pushing.

That's just what I was suggesting the other day. Chuck the statue of Jefferson into the tidal basin and rededicated the Jefferson Memorial as the Floyd Memorial. Remove all references to the 3rd President at Monticello, and rededicate that building in honor of the Reform School that Floyd lived at as a youth

"

Just keep pushing.
check me if i'm wrong but he couldn't be protecting her freedoms as she WAS NOT FUCKING BORN YET.

"

Just keep pushing.
check me if i'm wrong but he couldn't be protecting her freedoms as she WAS NOT FUCKING BORN YET.

I wonder if her ancestors were even in the country when he was president?

These people are just unbelievable. They want to continually bring up things that happened 150 years ago. But bring up the fact that George Floyd held a pregnant woman at gunpoint 10 years ago? Nope! Off Limits! RACIST!

"We want equality and a voice for all!!" "Except if we don't agree with what you say or stand for!! Then your a RACIST AND WHITE SUPREMACIST!!". Biggest bunch of fucking hypocrites I have ever seen in my life.

"

Just keep pushing.
Hey why stop there? Let's dynamite Mt Rushmore, burn down Mt. Vernon. This is the slippery slope we are now sliding down.

"

Just keep pushing.

That's just what I was suggesting the other day. Chuck the statue of Jefferson into the tidal basin and rededicated the Jefferson Memorial as the Floyd Memorial. Remove all references to the 3rd President at Monticello, and rededicate that building in honor of the Reform School that Floyd lived at as a youth
That wont be enough for these idiots. Pry jesus christ off the cross and replace him with george floyd already . There is no pleasing these scum.

"

Just keep pushing.
Hey why stop there? Let's dynamite Mt Rushmore, burn down Mt. Vernon. This is the slippery slope we are now sliding down.

There is no need to go that far. The carving on Stone Mountain, can be redone, and changed.

Rework the carvings to be of Trayvon, Eric Garner and Michael Brown instead of Lee, Davis and Jackson.

These people are just unbelievable. They want to continually bring up things that happened 150 years ago. But bring up the fact that George Floyd held a pregnant woman at gunpoint 10 years ago? Nope! Off Limits! RACIST!

"We want equality and a voice for all!!" "Except if we don't agree with what you say or stand for!! Then your a RACIST AND WHITE SUPREMACIST!!". Biggest bunch of fucking hypocrites I have ever seen in my life.
James Bennett of the NYTimes would agree with you.
Stan Wischnowski of the Philadelphia Enquirer would agree with you.

Gotta get rid of that pesky First Amendment to start achieving the ultimate goal.

"

Just keep pushing.
I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Never take down ANYTHING, because the goal is NOT eratticating racism. It's eroding American culture so Americans will be more plyable and accept COMMUNISM.

DO NOT LET THESE FUCKERS DO ANY OTHER WHITEWASHING.

"

Just keep pushing.

They just can't and won't stop. This is what happens when you give a little.

You get this, you get cop shows on TV cancelled (ones that actually SHOWED cops doing their jobs) and even rants about cartoon dogs dressed as police officers being problematic.

"

Just keep pushing.

We need to give them a One Way Ticket to Wuhan. They are just not Americans

A case can easily be made that leaving statues up that commemorate Confederates is a good thing and it
teaches future generations about the evils of slavery and breaking apart the Union.
Let Angela Rye put up little plaques on every statue explaining their vices.

The Communists renamed St Petersberg Leningrad. They renamed Saigon Ho Chi Min City. Its what communist do as they conquer and erase cultures.

In East Germany "the SED repudiated continuity between Prussia and the GDR. The SED destroyed a number of symbolic relics of the former Prussian aristocracy: the Junker manor houses were torn down, the Berliner Stadtschloß was razed, and the equestrian statue of Frederick the Great was removed from East Berlin." LINK

"
We will destroy this world of violence
Down to the foundations, and then
We will build our new world.

Communist Hymn The International

Last edited:
A case can easily be made that leaving statues up that commemorate Confederates is a good thing and it
teaches future generations about the evils of slavery and breaking apart the Union.
Let Angela Rye put up little plaques on every statue explaining their vices.
Confederate monuments and symbols of the confederacy were NOT universally removed because the end of the Civil War was a RECONCILIATION!!!!

I think the Civil War terms of surrender have been breached.

But all this shit was NEVER about the confederacy. Their target is the FOUNDERS.

Frankfurt School 101

Commies gonna commie.

We should NEVER give in on ANYTHING else. I don't give a fuck who is depicted. DON'T LET THEM HAVE A SINGLE ONE!!!

"

Just keep pushing.
^^ This is what happens when you give these radicals an inch. They are now emboldened to say what they have always wanted, to burn this country and it’s history down to the ground.

This bitch needs to be given a one-way ticket to Ghana and let’s just see how much she likes it there in a country not “founded on racism”.

Forum List

Back