CNN underfire for sympathetic reporting of Steuben rapists ruined lives

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Good morning fellow USMB campers! It's bazooka barf time. :eusa_angel:

This one is right up there on "what the freaking hell were you thinking"?

CNN under fire for sympathetic reporting on ruined 'promising lives' of Steubenville rape students

CNN's coverage of the guilty verdict in the Steubenville rape trial in Ohio has been heavily criticized
The cable news network appeared to lament the guilty verdict for rapists Trent Mays, 17, and Ma'lik Richmond, 16
Said their 'promising' lives had now fallen apart

From the article just some humdinger quotes:

Harlow described the scene in the court as, 'Incredibly difficult, even for me, to watch what happened as these two young men that had such promising futures, star football players, very good students, literally watched as they believed their lives fell apart.'

:eek::eek::eek:

Now brace yourself campers this part is unreal

Outrage at the beleagured news networks coverage peaked when Crowley asked the resident CNN legal contributor Paul Callan for his opinion on the verdict for, 'a 16 year old, sobbing in court, regardless of what big football players they are, they still sound like 16 year olds.'

'There’s always that moment of just — lives are destroyed,' Callan remarked. 'But in terms of what happens now, the most severe thing with these young men is being labeled as registered sex offenders. That label is now placed on them by Ohio law.'

'That will haunt them for the rest of their lives.'

'Employers, when looking up their background, will see that they're registered sex offenders.

When they move into a new neighborhood and somebody goes on the Internet, where these things are posted, neighbors will know that they are registered sex offenders.'

Aye carumba :cuckoo:

On the bright side other journalists just started freaking out. I'll give a few from the article and then give you the link (video at link)

Journalist Hadley Freeman of the Guardian was stunned

article-2295051-18BFCF5C000005DC-169_634x391.jpg

And even an MSNBC staffer was scathing in his review of it.

article-2295051-18BFCFF7000005DC-351_634x396.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

Here's the link.

CNN under fire for sympathetic reporting on ruined 'promising lives' of Steubenville rape students | Mail Online

CNN obviously believes in restorative justice where perpetrators are not punished but understood, the victim learns the transformational power of love and everyone gets happy instead of punishment.

Liberalism is something else
Everyone rejoice!
Lets close down jails and prisons, close our borders, and let these diluded fucks run amuck
Poor poor rapists! Makes me fuckin sick

I don't suppose any of you Lib-bashers have happened to notice how left-leaning blogs are bashing this, too....

Like I said, I hope CNN burns down. Their constant kowtowing to the far right is sickening.

The entire RW radioverse has been lamenting the guilty verdict, every single one of them, spewing the same RW nonsense that radical Breitbart.com article about the subject has been spewing.

Ever since the media let the Bush Regime off the hook for the Iraq War I've been hoping to see their demise.

They really are sickening.

The coverage doesn't change the facts. The two convicted young men violated that young woman. & then laughed & shot video & pix of her, & sent e-mails, tweets, pictures of her, denigrating her.

The time for remorse was before violating her & sending the messages & pix. After - after they've torched their own futures, humiliated the young woman, disgraced their families, their team, school, their town - it's simply too late.

They'll have plenty of time to regret their lack of self-control. Yep, they may have had bright futures ahead of them - there's no telling where they could have reached. This can be an object lesson for other young men & women, I suppose.

Don't set fire to your bridges when you're still standing on them.

Forum List

Back