CNN/HuffPost Report New Source Backs Reid's Claim

A second source, said to be "close to Senator [Harry] Reid," has told CNN's Dana Bash that Reid's original source...is a credible person

oh, well, if the second anonymous source is saying the first anonymous source is "a credible person", i say we hang romney.

:rofl:

I want a fourth, fifth and sixth credible source to confirm Romney is very wealthy and minimizes tax liability by all legal means possible.That will cure insomnia I am positive.:eusa_whistle:

Harry Reid Romney Tax Tipster 'Is A Credible Person,' New Source Tells CNN (VIDEO)

Seriously. Why doesn't Mitt just release the tax forms? It should be fairly clear to them by now that the story isn't going away, and it's picked up some steam since Pelosi has backed Reid. If there's nothing to be ashamed of, he's made a massive error in not releasing them. If there is something to be ashamed of, he's made it a million times worse by not releasing them.

Harry knows the source is credible, he met him in a truck stop bathroom.

Did he tap his foot?

Harry was on his knees.

The point is Romney could release 50 years of income tax returns and it wouldn't satisfy Harry Ried or the left in this country.

And that is exactly Romney's (and your own) political miscalculation. He's allowing Reid and the left control the debate. He doesn't have to satisfy them. He needs to satisfy the electorate, particularly the people who are undecided and can be swayed (and right now ARE being swayed) based on how the discussion pans out. Romney won't satisfy Reid and the left, you're right. But if he released the past 10 years of tax returns, it WOULD satisfy the electorate. And if he did this, and Reid and the left continued to babble on about it and try to move the goal post, it would work to Romney's favor among the undecideds.

I've been saying it for months, Romney has turned out to be the GOP equivalent of candidate Kerry in 2004. Kerry spent so much time letting Bush frame the discussion about how Kerry "voted for the $87 billion before I voted against the $87 billion" (not to mention a few other things) that Kerry never really got the chance to talk about what he wanted. Kerry insisted that he had to take the time to win everyone over, and didn't focus on winning the the real decision makers over. The closer we get to November, the more this election appears to be a repeat of 8 years ago. A weak sitting President wins reelection because of the combination of a weak opposition candidate, and the ridiculousness of mule headed hyper-polarized partisan politics.
Reid is going to be in a humongous world of hurt come November, when he is demoted to the rank and file little ankle biter that he is. :rolleyes:

The point is Romney could release 50 years of income tax returns and it wouldn't satisfy Harry Ried or the left in this country.

And that is exactly Romney's (and your own) political miscalculation. He's allowing Reid and the left control the debate. He doesn't have to satisfy them. He needs to satisfy the electorate, particularly the people who are undecided and can be swayed (and right now ARE being swayed) based on how the discussion pans out. Romney won't satisfy Reid and the left, you're right. But if he released the past 10 years of tax returns, it WOULD satisfy the electorate. And if he did this, and Reid and the left continued to babble on about it and try to move the goal post, it would work to Romney's favor among the undecideds.

I've been saying it for months, Romney has turned out to be the GOP equivalent of candidate Kerry in 2004. Kerry spent so much time letting Bush frame the discussion about how Kerry "voted for the $87 billion before I voted against the $87 billion" (not to mention a few other things) that Kerry never really got the chance to talk about what he wanted. Kerry insisted that he had to take the time to win everyone over, and didn't focus on winning the the real decision makers over. The closer we get to November, the more this election appears to be a repeat of 8 years ago. A weak sitting President wins reelection because of the combination of a weak opposition candidate, and the ridiculousness of mule headed hyper-polarized partisan politics.

If Romney has nothing to hide, it works in his favor not to release his tax returns until close to election time. That way he can throw it in everyone's face and say "See, I told you all along this was just some false charges being thrown at me by the dems." On the other hand, if he has something to hide, he can never release them or the election would be over. If Romney did not pay taxes or barely paid any, and he is using the argument that we need to lower taxes even more for the wealthy, well, people are just not going to buy into that one. They will send him packing no matter how much they may dislike Obama. Either way, the truth will come out, one way or another, before election day.

There is no reason to refuse to release the returns unless he's hiding something or he perhaps hopes to release them closer to the election to embarrass Obama.

What's Obama's excuse for not releasing his school records?

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the CNN corporation merge with Huffington? CNN could quit pretending to be balanced and spend all it's time posting useless tripe. It may even find an audience in the radical and ignorant left wing.

All Romney has to do to make Harry Reid's source look like a lying fool - is to release his tax returns!

Politically speaking the best thing Mitt could do is release them 5 days or so before the GE… Just let Obama, Reid and Dems latch onto a hopeless issue, let them dump money and credibility on it. You had a great point, make Reid look like a liar, but I have a point that the longer Mitt waits the bigger the payoff will be.

One unnamed source supports another unnamed source I could not be more unimpressed. Fyi I have a source that told me the other two sources do not really exist. breaking news!!!! I have just been contacted by a second source who backed up what my first source said of course I will not be revealing these sources as the burden of proof to back up what I claim does not fall on me but on other's to disprove it.

For my sizable donation, Obama sent the following transcript to me:

obama-transcript.jpg

There is no reason to refuse to release the returns unless he's hiding something or he perhaps hopes to release them closer to the election to embarrass Obama.

What's Obama's excuse for not releasing his school records?

Because no presidential candidate has ever released school records before.

And no President has to release all their tax records... Past that, Obama ran as Mr. Transparency.

Obama's school records may be more boring that Romney's tax returns. As somewhere who watches for every postal receipt, pencil purchased, and electricity used Monday to Friday, as opposed to weekends, AND holidays; the tax return 'issue' may soon rival the Kenyan magic carpet used with the President's birth. It is odd the few posters here who claimed the PARENTS of a candidate must be natural born citizens no longer post that "requirement", as Romney's father was born in Mexico, was he not? THAT birth delusion about the PARENTS of Presidents appears to have died out, oddly enough.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the CNN corporation merge with Huffington? CNN could quit pretending to be balanced and spend all it's time posting useless tripe. It may even find an audience in the radical and ignorant left wing.

FOXnews can merge with The Cartoon Channel, and get close to being interesting.

Forum List

Back