CNN Deleting Pro-Sanders Comments In Bulk And Hide Their Own Dem Pres Debate Poll

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
CNN was deleting posts again and again that were pro-Sanders on their facebook page. Nor would they show the their own poll that had Sanders winning the debate 75-18 over Clinton.

Fuming Bernie supporters: Why is CNN deleting our comments? | Hundreds on Facebook complain about network’s pro-Hillary coverage | Media Equalizer

CNN-debate-FB-poll-919x467.png

CNN-deleting-comments-from-Sanders-supporters.png

CNN-deleting-Sanders-supporters-2.png

I read one poll that had Sanders then Webb then Clinton. But the DNC does NOT want that.

:lol: As if the DNC runs the media :rolleyes:

Sanders is the anti-corporatist. Big media is the pinnacle of corporatism.
Do the freaking math.
They run the FCC idiot. So yeah they DO.

The depth of your abject ignorance is beyond measure, Pinkie.

Firstly, the FCC Commission is deliberately set up in staggered terms, with limits on how many may belong to one political party, specifically so that no POTUS -- the office that appoints them --- can stack it.

Second, the FCC has never controlled anybody's content, outside of "indecency" statutes. Nor is there any kind of litmus test for content in order to get or renew a license. Does not exist.

And I know this because I've been through the entire fucking process.

And thirdly, CNN is a cable channel. It doesn't even need a broadcast license. :lol:

And fourthly, the issue here isn't even broadcast material -- it's internet content.

Try not to post from your ass so much. It stinks.

Last edited:
I read one poll that had Sanders then Webb then Clinton. But the DNC does NOT want that.

Do the freaking math.

Firstly, the FCC Commission is deliberately set up in staggered terms, with limits on how many may belong to one political party, specifically so that no POTUS -- the office that appoints them --- can stack it.

Second, the FCC has never controlled anybody's content, outside of "indecency" statutes. Nor is there any kind of litmus test for content in order to get or renew a license. Does not exist.

And thirdly, CNN is a cable channel. It doesn't even need a broadcast license. :lol:

And thirdly, CNN is a cable channel. It doesn't even need a broadcast license.
:dance:

Do the freaking math.

The power to "brow beat".

"Calling Janet Jackson's exposed breast "a new low for prime-time television," FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell has promised Congress that he'll do his best to prevent both networks and cable stations from airing indecent material. Does the FCC have the authority to regulate HBO, MTV, and other cable channels that regularly show salacious fare?

Not really, although it can try to use its clout to browbeat cable channels into better self-policing. The FCC's regulatory powers extend only to over-the-air broadcasters, who transmit their programs via the publicly owned spectrum. In order to obtain the FCC's permission to use slivers of that spectrum, broadcasters agree to abide by the commission's rules, which include indecency standards. Cable, on the other hand, travels to American homes via privately built and maintained hardware. (The same goes for satellite services like the DISH Network, whose orbiting hardware is privately launched.) So, cable channels needn't strike a bargain with the FCC in order to operate."

Can the FCC crack down on cable?

Do the freaking math.

And fourthly, the issue here isn't even broadcast material -- it's internet content.

Pesky things, facts.
Here, I'll spray the little beggars.
Spray can.jpg

Do the freaking math.

"Calling Janet Jackson's exposed breast "a new low for prime-time television," FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell has promised Congress that he'll do his best to prevent both networks and cable stations from airing indecent material. Does the FCC have the authority to regulate HBO, MTV, and other cable channels that regularly show salacious fare?

Not really, although it can try to use its clout to browbeat cable channels into better self-policing. The FCC's regulatory powers extend only to over-the-air broadcasters, who transmit their programs via the publicly owned spectrum. In order to obtain the FCC's permission to use slivers of that spectrum, broadcasters agree to abide by the commission's rules, which include indecency standards. Cable, on the other hand, travels to American homes via privately built and maintained hardware. (The same goes for satellite services like the DISH Network, whose orbiting hardware is privately launched.) So, cable channels needn't strike a bargain with the FCC in order to operate."

Spray can.jpg

Do the freaking math.

My how quickly Pinkie runs away from his "DNC runs FCC" rhetorical sinkhole. :lmao:

Your own link points out that cable -- which is what CNN is on, if the topic had anything to do with what it broadcasts anyway, which it doesn't) --- isn't licensed by the FCC. Your own POST says that.

And moreover Janet Jackson's nipple doesn't constitute "intellectual content" anyway, DUMBASS.

:lol:

I assume CNN has a right to moderate comments on their site as they see fit (to coronate Hillary). Bad form though.

It's not just CNN;

"On Wednesday, NBC’s Today celebrated Tuesday night’s Democratic debate by heaping effusive praise on front-runner Hillary Clinton."
NBC: Clinton Team ‘Ecstatic’; Hillary ‘Poised and Passionate’ in Debate

New York Times;
"Bloggers, commentators and the Twitterati quickly weighed in on the first Democratic debate, scoring the winners and losers.Hillary Rodham Clinton was the clear victor, according to the opinion shapers in the political world (even conservative commentators)."

What do you think Donna Brazil and Cokie Roberts are going to say Sunday on George Snuffalufugus?

Hillary did fine, or she did what she needed to do (not lose). Bernie was a bit halting at times, winging it, as opposed to Clinton who's been training rigorously for last night's debate. But Bernie got the most rousing response from the audience and from social media. Can't deny that, try as Chris Mathews might

I got your issue with CNN and Corporatism right here -- this is just a partial list of what Time Warner, the parent company, owns:

• Turner Broadcasting System:
  • Turner Broadcasting International
  • Millennium Media Group
  • Chilevisión
  • Turner Entertainment Networks
  • truTV
  • TBS
  • TNT
  • TCM
  • WPCH
  • truTV Original Productions
  • TNT Originals
  • TCM Productions
  • TBS Productions
  • HBO (and all its iterations and flavors including all over Europe and Latin America)
  • Cinemax
  • Cartoon Network
  • Adult Swim
  • CNN U.S.
  • HLN
  • CNN en Español
  • CNN Latino
  • KBEH (co-owned by Viacom)
  • CNN International
  • CNN Radio
  • CNN Originals
  • HLN Productions
  • CNN Digital Network
  • CNN.com
  • CNNMoney.com
  • iReport (Wire, Imagesource, etc)
  • The Smoking Gun Website
  • Airport Network
  • AccentHealth Waiting Room Television Network
  • Turner Inflight Services
  • Amtrak Acela Network
  • Dealer Entertainment Network - with TCG Enterprises, Inc
  • The Checking Network
  • TCM & Cartoon Network / Asia Pacific
  • Cartoonito
  • TNT Latin America
  • Pogo :eek:
  • Retro
  • Space
  • MuchMusic Latin America
  • I.Sat
  • HTV

• WARNER BROTHERS -- movies, cinemas, music, television, studios, records, Castle Rock Entertainment.... Warner Brothers Television...the WB... home video... WB Games....
  • The CW Network (as partner)
  • Hanna Barbera
  • Looney Tunes
  • DC Comics
  • Mad Magazine
  • Vertigo
THAT is what you call some serious, serious reach. You name a constituency, they can reach it. Young, old, here, there, in a plane or a doctor's waiting room. In the movies. On the radio. On records. On television. In the freaking video games. In the freaking comic books. In children's cartoons.

When you have that much pie, you get to dictate not only what the news is, but who the popular singers are, what movies succeed, and if you're NewsCorp with a similar list that includes publishing, what people are reading. And what they're not.

This is why it matters if they're trying to shift public opinion -- the same reason dogs lick their balls -- because they can. And anybody who's taking notes and keeping track of it is doing as much a public service as those who put police brutality on video to keep them honest.

When General Electric owned NBC, how many stories you think NBC did on, say, the problems with nuclear power, or a US war that wasn't going well --- two industries GE was and is hip-deep in?

That's a HUUUUGE corporation described above, with tentacles all over the world and investments in the billions. And they've got commentary coming in on their website with good things to say about an anti-corporatist who doesn't take their money and isn't buying their puppet strings...

As I said the first time -- do the math.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back