CMT Awards Tributes Nashville Shooting With Drag Show

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
A lot of these news stories irritate me, but this one literally made me angry. Such disrespect to the people who lost their lives. Especially the three nine year olds. 🤬

How is it disrespect? It is protesting what is likely an unconstitutional new law and apparently calling for stricter gun control laws because of this shooting. From what I read, if TN had had red flag laws, the killer wouldn’t have been able to purchase guns. The killers own parents said she should not have had guns.

A lot of these news stories irritate me, but this one literally made me angry. Such disrespect to the people who lost their lives. Especially the three nine year olds. 🤬

giphy.gif

How is it disrespect? It is protesting what is likely an unconstitutional new law and apparently calling for stricter gun control laws because of this shooting. From what I read, if TN had had red flag laws, the killer wouldn’t have been able to purchase guns. The killers own parents said she should not have had guns.

When have laws ever stopped criminally-insane people from obtaining weapons?

There are already long standing laws that prohibit children from adult-"entertainment." Teenagers aren't allowed to attend strip joints or adult pictures that are rated "XXX" either.

I don't see where that is a constitutional issue.

Thank you for letting me know what it is that I did not miss.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I spent the night watching old country music award shows, you know the ones that actually had country music during the show. :) :) :)

How is it disrespect? It is protesting what is likely an unconstitutional new law and apparently calling for stricter gun control laws because of this shooting.

First of all drag queens aren't for children and three children lost their lives that day so how is having them up there in tribute of them? Second of all stricter gun laws to me means arming the staff to stop potential future shootings from happening.

Thank you for letting me know what it is that I did not miss.

:)

What you do not miss in meaning that you saw it? Or meaning that you didn't see it, but you didn't miss it either?

First of all drag queens aren't for children and three children lost their lives that day so how is having them up there in tribute of them?

Drag Queens can be for anyone, assuming they tone it downs to an appropriate level. In addition, what gets totally lost, is that they are also members of the community, who likely know the families who lost their kids that day. Why should they be singled out as not being allowed to offer a tribute to lives lost? I venture they have far more right than all these judgemental outsiders descending onto a tragedy in order to make a political point.

Second of all stricter gun laws to me means arming the staff to stop potential future shootings from happening.

I would disagree there.

What you do not miss in meaning that you saw it? Or meaning that you didn't see it, but you didn't miss it either?

I think in another thread I showed some age appropriate acts.

Maybe there is something I haven't seen that would change my mind. But I just don't see how a man in womens' clothes shaking his butt in front of a kindergardener could ever be age appropriate.

Okay link me then and we can debate it.

Drag can be G, PG, X rated. It is up to the performer and the venue to make sure it is appropriate.

You know what forget this. A man in a dress isn't appropriate for any child period. Back in the day these people were known as pedophiles.

Is this one of those silly arguments that claims if a law doesn’t stop 100% of the criminals it’s a failure? You might want to think on that.

No law will stop any amount of criminals is it's not enforced. You might want to think on your side's leniency, cashless bail, turning criminals loose on the street, and refusing to prosecute them.

Forum List

Back