Clown Show At Academy Awards

None of these clowns are playing any real music. And what instrument do they play ? The piano ? HA HA. Maybe they could be useful for insomniacs.

Right, because playing the piano is certainly not what a musician would do, is it? LMAO!! You really are stretching for more and more heights of stupidity.

Remember the people you said were laughing or rolling over in their graves? Both McCartney and Lennon played piano. The overwhelming majority of song writers play piano. Some of the greatest musicians in the history of the world have played piano. And yet you try to make it sound as though that is somehow second rate.

Truly sad. You disagree with what the man said. But you repeatedly attack his art instead. The upside is that you make a bigger fool of yourself every time you do.
I don't care who plays the piano, and many musicians I admire play it (Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Chopin, etc)
I have my taste in musical instruments and keyboards just doesn't rate too high in my preferences. Ad I do think the guitar, mandolin, and violin, all of which I play, are superior instruments to the piano, which is not able to do many of the things that these other instrument can do. One can play much more music on a guitar, for instance, than on a piano, and in my judgement, it sounds much better. for those people who like hearing a piano, go for it. It's like auto racing. i hate it, but if it somehow makes some people happy to watch it, more power to them.,

Wow. At least now you are acknowledging that other styles of music are simply not to your taste, instead of claiming they are not music.

I get that you like strings. But your knee-jerk reaction of attacking or ridiculing everything that is not to your taste is petty and childish.
And I don't attack something just because it's not to my taste. But I will attack it if I think it's bad music pretending to be good, and maybe even paying somebody off, to raise its image, among the less musically astute audience.

In the OP you said: "They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible."

First off, there is no Affirmative Action in movies, and certainly not in winning an Oscar.
Second of all, you claim to be so musically astute, and yet you call John Legend a rapper. That itself shows your lack of knowledge on the topic.
Then you claim what he creates is "trash" and think it should not be called "music", and that he shouldn't have accepted the award.

But no, you don't attack something just because it is not to your taste.
How do you know there is no Affirmative Action in movies or in winning Oscars ? I think a lot of people would take exception to that, and I think some of them already have right here in this thread (Ex. Posts # 2, 6)

And if I have a lack of knowledge of Black music, that is a favorable point in my musical appreciation level. :laugh:

Right, because playing the piano is certainly not what a musician would do, is it? LMAO!! You really are stretching for more and more heights of stupidity.

Remember the people you said were laughing or rolling over in their graves? Both McCartney and Lennon played piano. The overwhelming majority of song writers play piano. Some of the greatest musicians in the history of the world have played piano. And yet you try to make it sound as though that is somehow second rate.

Truly sad. You disagree with what the man said. But you repeatedly attack his art instead. The upside is that you make a bigger fool of yourself every time you do.
I don't care who plays the piano, and many musicians I admire play it (Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Chopin, etc)
I have my taste in musical instruments and keyboards just doesn't rate too high in my preferences. Ad I do think the guitar, mandolin, and violin, all of which I play, are superior instruments to the piano, which is not able to do many of the things that these other instrument can do. One can play much more music on a guitar, for instance, than on a piano, and in my judgement, it sounds much better. for those people who like hearing a piano, go for it. It's like auto racing. i hate it, but if it somehow makes some people happy to watch it, more power to them.,

Wow. At least now you are acknowledging that other styles of music are simply not to your taste, instead of claiming they are not music.

I get that you like strings. But your knee-jerk reaction of attacking or ridiculing everything that is not to your taste is petty and childish.
And I don't attack something just because it's not to my taste. But I will attack it if I think it's bad music pretending to be good, and maybe even paying somebody off, to raise its image, among the less musically astute audience.

In the OP you said: "They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible."

First off, there is no Affirmative Action in movies, and certainly not in winning an Oscar.
Second of all, you claim to be so musically astute, and yet you call John Legend a rapper. That itself shows your lack of knowledge on the topic.
Then you claim what he creates is "trash" and think it should not be called "music", and that he shouldn't have accepted the award.

How do you know there is no Affirmative Action in movies or in winning Oscars ? I think a lot of people would take exception to that, and I think some of them already have right here in this thread (Ex. Posts # 2, 6)

And if I have a lack of knowledge of Black music, that is a favorable point in my musical appreciation level. :laugh:

Affirmative Action is legal requirements. While you may claim that blacks get preferential treatment in Hollywood or in the music industry, that is not the same as AA. And since you have no actual evidence of any bribes or payments made to secure John Legend's award, you are left with the fact that he won an Oscar fair and square.

That you lack knowledge of black music does not bother me at all. That you lack that knowledge but try and denigrate music and make claims about music which shows your ignorance is what I have fun with. You know, like claiming Legend is a rapper.

I just realized that you are questioning whether there is any Affirmative Action law concerning winning an Oscar. Seriously?

Affirmative Action is legal requirements. While you may claim that blacks get preferential treatment in Hollywood or in the music industry, that is not the same as AA. And since you have no actual evidence of any bribes or payments made to secure John Legend's award, you are left with the fact that he won an Oscar fair and square.

That you lack knowledge of black music does not bother me at all. That you lack that knowledge but try and denigrate music and make claims about music which shows your ignorance is what I have fun with. You know, like claiming Legend is a rapper.
Never said I had evidence of any bribes or payments made to secure John Legend's award, but as Jimmy Carter used to say "Everybody's free to speculate". :biggrin: As for "music" I denigrate , I denigrate it because it DESERVES to be denigrated, just as you show yourself deserving to be denigrated in this forum, except that it would be a waste of good forum time, as I'm wasting time dignifying your rudeness and hostility with responses.
Man. The way you follow me around and keep pecking at me. I must really get under your skin, to keep you going like this. Ever tried >> :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: ???

And however Blacks get preferential treatment, doesn't really matter (whether you call it AA, or whatever). Just that they get it, is the bad thing. A violation of the civil rights laws, a violation of what is right, a stain on the honor of America, and a disgrace to everyone lowlife enough to participate and accept it. Although a minority, I never have. Have you ?

Last edited:

I just realized that you are questioning whether there is any Affirmative Action law concerning winning an Oscar. Seriously?
Yeah. Seriously. AA. Officially or unofficially. Does this seem like such a strange question to ask ? I don't know why it would. When Tipseycatlover raised the notion on page 1, I thought > sure, could very well be, if not likely.

Never said I had evidence of any bribes or payments made to secure John Legend's award, but as Jimmy Carter used to say "Everybody's free to speculate". :biggrin: As for "music" I denigrate , I denigrate it because it DESERVES to be denigrated, just as you show yourself deserving to be denigrated in this forum, except that it would be a waste of good forum time, as I'm wasting time dignifying your rudeness and hostility with responses.
Man. The way you follow me around and keep pecking at me. I must really get under your skin, to keep you going like this. Ever tried >> :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: ???

And however Blacks get preferential treatment, doesn't really matter (whether you call it AA, or whatever). Just that they get it, is the bad thing. A violation of the civil rights laws, a violation of what is right, a stain on the honor of America, and a disgrace to everyone lowlife enough to participate and accept it. Although a minority, I never have. Have you ?

I follow you around? WTH? I posted on your last thread on this topic, and then continued on the new thread. Your ego is truly in need of work.

Hobos2.jpg

"Gosh protectionist, how did we fall so low???"

"Well, you know, all my problems started with Black people's music, civil rights, imaginary affirmative action and my steadfast stupidity."

"Well golly gee whiz protectionist how did you get out of that tailspin???"

"I go to public libraries and post stupid made up shit about Black people..."

I follow you around? WTH? I posted on your last thread on this topic, and then continued on the new thread. Your ego is truly in need of work.
You've been doing it for a long time. YOU KNOW it.

"Gosh protectionist, how did we fall so low???"

"Well, you know, all my problems started with Black people's music, civil rights, imaginary affirmative action and my steadfast stupidity."

"Well golly gee whiz protectionist how did you get out of that tailspin???"

"I go to public libraries and post stupid made up shit about Black people..."

Such a waste having guys like you around here. How imperfect a world we live in.
geez.gif

You've been doing it for a long time. YOU KNOW it.

You are delusional. I post where the topic interests me. You are not the reason.

Nothing dumber then crabbing about what you (or your group) are experiencing, when that scenario is actually symptomatic of why others have the right to crab about you. Legend had the foolhardiness to crab about the high proportion of Blacks incarcerated in prisons.

Duuuuuude! If a relatively large number of your group wasn't out there pointing guns at people, punching them, shooting them, raping them, robbing them, etc., they wouldn't BE in those prisons. How about your guys get their heads out of their asses, and join the rest of us who have been out here working for a living, and not being criminal dum dums ?

No reason why you'all couldn't be the same as the rest of all of us normal people (except that you get first shot at jobs, promotions, financial aid, etc. in AA). And don't give me that poverty sob story again. The poorest people in America are white (and they don't get racial preference)

Nothing dumber then crabbing about what you (or your group) are experiencing, when that scenario is actually symptomatic of why others have the right to crab about you. Legend had the foolhardiness to crab about the high proportion of Blacks incarcerated in prisons.

Duuuuuude! If a relatively large number of your group wasn't out there pointing guns at people, punching them, shooting them, raping them, robbing them, etc., they wouldn't BE in those prisons. How about your guys get their heads out of their asses, and join the rest of us who have been out here working for a living, and not being criminal dum dums ?

No reason why you'all couldn't be the same as the rest of all of us normal people (except that you get first shot at jobs, promotions, financial aid, etc. in AA). And don't give me that poverty sob story again. The poorest people in America are white (and they don't get racial preference)

And his rap music sucks too, right?

Have you ever looked at the studies on the differences between sentences of drug convictions of blacks and whites?

Have you ever looked at the studies on the differences between sentences of drug convictions of blacks and whites?
Legend didn't say anything about drugs or sentencing. He just bitched about how many Blacks are incarcerated.
EARTH TO WB: The real crux of all this is, if you don't do the crime, you don't have to do the time. The the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 has reduced the crack/cocaine sentencing quantity disparity (as opposed to powder cocaine), but this is going outside the basic point here. Nobody needs to take recreational drugs (or sell them). Just DON'T DO IT, and then there IS NO sentencing difference, because there's no crime or sentence, to begin with, Get it ?

As for "studies", I'm not necessarily slamming whatever ones you may know of, but generally, you can find a study, or a few of them, to say anything you like. Kind of like picking T-Shits in WalMart.

Legend didn't say anything about drugs or sentencing. He just bitched about how many Blacks are incarcerated.
EARTH TO WB: The real crux of all this is, if you don't do the crime, you don't have to do the time. The the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 has reduced the crack/cocaine sentencing quantity disparity (as opposed to powder cocaine), but this is going outside the basic point here. Nobody needs to take recreational drugs (or sell them). Just DON'T DO IT, and then there IS NO sentencing difference, because there's no crime or sentence, to begin with, Get it ?

As for "studies", I'm not necessarily slamming whatever ones you may know of, but generally, you can find a study, or a few of them, to say anything you like. Kind of like picking T-Shits in WalMart.

I am not justifying anything Legend said or any claims surrounding his comments. I just asked you a question to point out the fact that there is a disparity between the sentences given to blacks and to white.

I still think you are going nuts over a simple statement made at an awards show. Legend is not a politician. He is a musician (contrary to what you claimed). But you want to go ballistic because he had the audacity to exercise his 1st amendment rights on an awards show. Wow.

I am not justifying anything Legend said or any claims surrounding his comments. I just asked you a question to point out the fact that there is a disparity between the sentences given to blacks and to white.

I still think you are going nuts over a simple statement made at an awards show. Legend is not a politician. He is a musician (contrary to what you claimed). But you want to go ballistic because he had the audacity to exercise his 1st amendment rights on an awards show. Wow.
FALSE! I fully support his right to speak, and speak his opinion. It is that opinion that I contest, wherein he is trying to make the case that Blacks, now in 2015 are being treated so unfairly, that it is comparable to the Jim Crow era that the Selma movie (oddly shown in 2015) is about. Nothing could be further from the case. His comment was stupid.

2015 is just the opposite of the 1950s and early 60's. Instead of discrimination against, Blacks have an outrageous, hypocritical discrimination to their favor, which if anything Legend ought to be defensive and critical about,. As for the criminals in prison, just be law abiding, that's all. There are millions of severely poor Whites living in the southern Appalachian mountains, in worse poverty than inner-city Blacks, and they manage to stay out of prison. Likewise, there are Blacks in the same neighborhoods as the criminals, and they, like the Whites in the mountains, admirably tough it out, without resorting to crime.

Maybe this movie should have been about those people.

FALSE! I fully support his right to speak, and speak his opinion. It is that opinion that I contest, wherein he is trying to make the case that Blacks, now in 2015 are being treated so unfairly, that it is comparable to the Jim Crow era that the Selma movie (oddly shown in 2015) is about. Nothing could be further from the case. His comment was stupid.

2015 is just the opposite of the 1950s and early 60's. Instead of discrimination against, Blacks have an outrageous, hypocritical discrimination to their favor, which if anything Legend ought to be defensive and critical about,. As for the criminals in prison, just be law abiding, that's all. There are millions of severely poor Whites living in the southern Appalachian mountains, in worse poverty than inner-city Blacks, and they manage to stay out of prison. Likewise, there are Blacks in the same neighborhoods as the criminals, and they, like the Whites in the mountains, admirably tough it out, without resorting to crime.

Or maybe the movie being about Selma will remind blacks of the sacrifices made by their parents in order to obtain the freedoms they now enjoy.

Yes, you were simply wanting to contest his comments about the situation blacks today are in. lol Suuuure. That is why 85% of the OP was an attack on Legend and his music. That is why you called his award a fraud. lol Sorry, but NOBODY is buying that.

Or maybe the movie being about Selma will remind blacks of the sacrifices made by their parents in order to obtain the freedoms they now enjoy.

Yes, you were simply wanting to contest his comments about the situation blacks today are in. lol Suuuure. That is why 85% of the OP was an attack on Legend and his music. That is why you called his award a fraud. lol Sorry, but NOBODY is buying that.
Now you get the Suuuure talk. This thread is a replacement for the thread that was totally about Legend's Selma now BS , AND YOU KNOW IT. So don't give us this crap about the music. You're just using that to razz me (since you've elected yourself to be my personal troll), and hide from what I'm saying about Legend's dopey victim talk. Distinct deflection. That's plain as day, and not hard for anybody to be "buying" that.

Now you get the Suuuure talk. This thread is a replacement for the thread that was totally about Legend's Selma now BS , AND YOU KNOW IT. So don't give us this crap about the music. You're just using that to razz me (since you've elected yourself to be my personal troll), and hide from what I'm saying about Legend's dopey victim talk. Distinct deflection. That's plain as day, and not hard for anybody to be "buying" that.

I am not your personal anything. I post in threads that catch my interest. But if you want to talk about trolling, when you got frustrated in this thread you popped up in two other threads to harass me. But I'm fine with that. Post where you want.

Now, as for your previous thread, it is difficult to discuss it because it is no longer accessible. And that was YOUR choice. I do remember you talking about how you would have busted Legend in the mouth and taken away his Oscar. lol And, as I recall, you were trying to be all badass with me, and you wanted me to give my phonenumber to one of the mods so we could talk. So that thread was not ALL about Legend's comment either. I recall you calling Naval service as "being a pussy". So you may have originally been angry about his comments, but in BOTH threads you went crazy in multiple directions.

Forum List

Back