Closing Indiana plant seems left out of Trump’s Carrier deal

smoke and mirrors by drumpf and pence

A 700-worker factory in northeastern Indiana facing closure doesn’t seem part of a deal President-elect Donald Trump struck with its parent company to keep hundreds of jobs at an Indianapolis plant.

The closing of the Huntington factory was announced the same day in February as the shuttering of the 1,400-worker Carrier plant in Indianapolis. Production from both United Technologies-owned plants was to be shifted to Mexico over the next few years.

Huntington plant worker Mike Harmon says Trump only talked during his campaign about the Indianapolis factory and he feels the Huntington employees were forgotten.

Every time a factory closes over the next 4 years I'm starting a thread about it

Wow. That says it all OldSchool. You're going to laugh at your fellow Americans losing jobs for political expediency. That's truly disgusting.

A 700-worker factory in northeastern Indiana facing closure doesn’t seem part of a deal President-elect Donald Trump struck with its parent company to keep hundreds of jobs at an Indianapolis plant.

The closing of the Huntington factory was announced the same day in February as the shuttering of the 1,400-worker Carrier plant in Indianapolis. Production from both United Technologies-owned plants was to be shifted to Mexico over the next few years.

Huntington plant worker Mike Harmon says Trump only talked during his campaign about the Indianapolis factory and he feels the Huntington employees were forgotten.

Every time a factory closes over the next 4 years I'm starting a thread about it

Wow. That says it all OldSchool. You're going to laugh at your fellow Americans losing jobs for political expediency. That's truly disgusting.
Just holding Trump accountable. If Trump's only going to cut special deals with our tax dollars to save jobs as a favor to places that voted for him then that's a problem.

He saved 1200 jobs at Carrier. This is a different plant.
FFS, he isn't even President yet. BE REAL
800. 1200 is the number he couldn't save.
Its 1200. My number also includes office workers and the such.
Carrier itself is only losing like 400. The rest is from their partner company.
Trump bragged about 1100. 300 of those were managerial jobs that weren't leaving in the first place.
Well, that's not what I read

He saved 1200 jobs at Carrier. This is a different plant.
FFS, he isn't even President yet. BE REAL
800. 1200 is the number he couldn't save.
Its 1200. My number also includes office workers and the such.
Carrier itself is only losing like 400. The rest is from their partner company.
Trump bragged about 1100. 300 of those were managerial jobs that weren't leaving in the first place.
Well, that's not what I read
300 Carrier Jobs Trump Touts for Indiana Were Never Moving to Mexico

And a second factory with 700 workers is still sending jobs to Mexico.

Just holding Trump accountable. If Trump's only going to cut special deals with our tax dollars to save jobs as a favor to places that voted for him then that's a problem.

Many of those people are democrats.

Many of those people are democrats.
The 1300 jobs that are still going to Mexico probably had Democrats too. The 800 Trump saved could still go any time btw, since Carrier already backed out of one sweetheart tax deal offered by the government. No reason to think they won't do it again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back