Clinton, is he trying to save the country? or are his recent comments out of revenge?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Jun 7, 2012.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,165
    I think it's a great question:

Bill Clinton recently stating this--after the Obama reelection campaign launched it's attack on Romney's business record.

Is Bill Clinton suggesting that he doesn't believe that Barack Obama is qualified to be POTUS--and wants to save us from another 4 years of Obamanomics?
    Bill Clinton criticizes Obama's Bain attacks, praises Romney's

Dick Morris--Bill Clinton's former advisor--states that Bill Clinton is trying to save the country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5UBMg5mn4I]Former Clinton Adviser Dick Morris - 'Bill Clinton Does Not Want Barack Obama to Win' [6-04-2012] - YouTube[/ame]

Then on June 5, 2012 Bill Clinton states this about Obama's plan to raise taxes. Keep in mind also that Barack Obama's main reelection campaign theme is to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

News Headlines

Something is certainly UP with this. You don't have a former--very popular democrat President trying to undermine everything that Obama is campaigning on. But what's the reason? Is Bill Clinton trying to save this country from another 4 years of the failed policies of Obamanomics-or is this just out of revenge? Bill Clinton certainly was upset when the race card was thrown at him--when Hillary was running against Barack during the primary season.

Your thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    He got up and went to the office. Good for him.

So how many jobs did he create? Hmmm, turns out, not so many, if any. But he sure did get rich. Good for him.

3. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,165

It doesn't matter what you think--:lol::lol: Bill Clinton states that Romney has a sterling business record that should not be attacked by the Obama reelection committee.

4. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,762
    As much as I disagreed with Clinton's policies, I don't believe he'd put petty grudges before love of country. I do think he cares and would not simply criticize the president out of spite.

Clinton stuck up for Romney over his record at Bain. I think the Obama campaign would do well to listen because it will backfire.

Clinton also stated yesterday that Obama needs to extend the current tax rate and not let it rise. Obama has already responded by saying taxes will go up this year. Clinton does realize that it will further slow the economy.

I think Clinton is just being honest because he has nothing to lose. As far as getting even with Obama for his attacks on her, Hillary took care of that during the primaries last election. She gave as good as she got.

I do expect Clinton to be severly reprimanded, in private, for his honesty.

5. francoHFW

francoHFW Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,625
    As a dupe, you have no idea what he said. Or Obama. LOL

No difference.

6. francoHFW

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,625
    Well, dupes- he said extend tax cuts NOW (since we're not out of the Booosh meltdown yet-maybe even a little fall back-thanks to do nothing Pub congress), BUT (second half of SENTENCE your BS Propaganda machine doesn't report LOL arrgghh!), the tax cut for the rich should be ended in the end.

NO DIFFERENCE from Obama policy- which you don't get told about either. Our whole GOTCHA! Controversy! news media is a disgrace.

7. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,165

I agree--I don't think Bill Clinton likes Barack Obama--but I don't believe he would go to these lengths over a grudge match. I don't think it's in his personality to do that--so I believe what he is telling his supporters is that Mitt Romney is much more qualified to be POTUS than Barack Obama--and doesn't want to see another 4 years of Obamanomics.

8. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,165
    You're arguing with BILL CLINTON--I am just the messenger of what he said.

9. francoHFW

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,625
    And THEY'RE much better than the Pub Propaganda Machine.

10. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,070
    I think there's nothing more going on here than Clinton sold out to Wall Street five minutes after he left office with 10 Million in legal bills from all things Scandal, and his Wall Street buddies (who did very well on his watch) bought him.

Which I think is a problem the Democrats have overall. If you accept that it really is a class war going on in this country, the Democrats forget whose side they are supposed to be on sometimes.

In reality BOTH parties should be taking the side of the people against Multi-National Corporations, but human nature being what it is, someone who comes into your office with a bag full of money for your Presidential Library is going to get attention.