Clinton Grabs Some Spotlight at Graham's Last Crusade

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Graham winds up 6 decades of revival meetings
Bill Clinton takes the stage, calls evangelist ‘a man I love’

NEW YORK - In his farewell American revival meeting, the Rev. Billy Graham has left it to others to note the emotion of the moment.

Speaker after speaker has called the crusade in a city park “historic” and thanked the ailing evangelist for allowing them to be a part of it. Among the well-wishers was President Clinton who clasped Graham’s hand onstage Saturday night and called him “a man I love.”

The world-renowned preacher, meanwhile, has appeared upbeat and has made no direct reference to saying goodbye.

Graham’s son and successor, the Rev. Franklin Graham, who has been by his father’s side throughout the three-day event, has predicted that the mood will change Sunday. That’s when the elder Graham is expected to give his last crusade sermon in the United States.

Graham, 86, is suffering from fluid on the brain, prostate cancer and Parkinson’s disease. He uses a walker due to a pelvic fracture and is largely confined to his home in Montreat, N.C. He had said previously that this weekend’s rally at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park in Queens “will be the last in America, I’m sure.”

Organizers estimated 80,000 people came to the event Saturday night — about 20,000 more than the opening night Friday — despite sweltering heat.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8349103/

And he also said....

Graham called the Clintons "wonderful friends" and "a great couple," quipping that the former president should become an evangelist and allow "his wife to run the country."

GotZoom said:
Graham called the Clintons "wonderful friends" and "a great couple," quipping that the former president should become an evangelist and allow "his wife to run the country."

Billy has become a big jokester in his old age? Can't believe he was sincere when he said that. In light of what Billy has stood for his entire life, it sure does sound tongue-in-cheek to me.

I doubt Clinton was at the Graham Crusade to grab the spotlight.
He was probably scoping the place for chicks.

Yeah... I mean.. seriously.. WTF was Billy Graham doing by having Clinton speak at his crusade? Had I been in the crowd, I would've seriously boo'd...

capt.nyjj11106260027.billy_graham_nyjj111.jpg

GotZoom said:
And he also said....

That was right after he confessed to being a "life-long Democrat". It appears that even Graham is willing to sell out for political gain...

Forum List

Back