CDZ Clinton Econ Plan

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Granted this is USA today so they try to protect her, but her econ plan:

What Hillary Clinton Would Do to the Economy

1. $35 bil for ref and pay states to guarantee tuition. Lol, students can ref now but not to lower rates. Then guarantee tuition means college will collect fed money and increase the tuition rates also. This will be waste.
2. Paid family leave. Big business will adjust, but small business will go under. First they loss a key person. Second if they get a contractor they will have to pay double for the same work. Not small busy friendly.
3. Open infrastructure bank. Her husband expanded the powers of Fannie and Freddie to create the artificial secondary market which was a prime cause of the mortgage meltdown.
4. Expand gov preschool by $27. Bil. Good one I can support.
5. Expand IDEA by $27 bil. I support this move also.
6. $9 bil to repair oil pipelines and to coal family healthcare. To blatant trying to win coal miner votes in the important PA. My bet this would be so riddled with waste some pipes that don't need fixing get fixed an pennies goes to the coal miners.
7. $27 bil in infrastructure expansion. Didn't Obama do this. What was the effect again?
8. Raise minimum wage to $15. Again nailing he small business owner.
9. Increase work benefits. Sounds great right. All this will do is further put the boot on the neck of small business. Big business will push the cost onto the consumer, while wiping out their small business competition and making the barrier to enter the market that much harder.
10. Expand overtime. See 8
11. Encourage/force profit sharing. So Marxist of her.
12. Strengthen Unions and increase collective bargaining. Unions are a driving force for outsourcing. I guess Clinton needs to pay back her Chinese donors also.
13. Raise capital gains on short-term investment. 40% on <2 yr, 36% 2-3 yr, 32% on 3-5 and 20% (current level) on 6+ yrs.
14. Increase income tax on wealth (yea fat chance of it not trickling down). $5 mil a yr 10% increase. I support. $1 mil a year 30% minimum regardless of deductions, can't go under 30%. I support this. $15 mil a year then you get extra 5% increase (total of 15%). I agree also.
15. Expand the disaster known as Dodd-Frank. Why in the world anyone would want to expand it is beyond me.
16. And of course expan Obaminationcare. Admit that mistake and move on
17. No real change to free trade agreements. After all Mexicans are her base to placate and she can't get rid of her husband's bill NAFTA.

There are some things to like, but overall her plan is a disaster. It is build specifically to garner votes and placate the stupid!

1. $35 bil for ref and pay states to guarantee tuition. Lol, students can ref now but not to lower rates. Then guarantee tuition means college will collect fed money and increase the tuition rates also. This will be waste.
2. Paid family leave. Big business will adjust, but small business will go under. First they loss a key person. Second if they get a contractor they will have to pay double for the same work. Not small busy friendly.
3. Open infrastructure bank. Her husband expanded the powers of Fannie and Freddie to create the artificial secondary market which was a prime cause of the mortgage meltdown.
6. $9 bil to repair oil pipelines and to coal family healthcare. To blatant trying to win coal miner votes in the important PA. My bet this would be so riddled with waste some pipes that don't need fixing get fixed an pennies goes to the coal miners.
7. $27 bil in infrastructure expansion. Didn't Obama do this. What was the effect again?
9. Increase work benefits. Sounds great right. All this will do is further put the boot on the neck of small business. Big business will push the cost onto the consumer, while wiping out their small business competition and making the barrier to enter the market that much harder.
12. Strengthen Unions and increase collective bargaining. Unions are a driving force for outsourcing. I guess Clinton needs to pay back her Chinese donors also.
13. Raise capital gains on short-term investment. 40% on <2 yr, 36% 2-3 yr, 32% on 3-5 and 20% (current level) on 6+ yrs.
14. Increase income tax on wealth (yea fat chance of it not trickling down). $5 mil a yr 10% increase. I support. $1 mil a year 30% minimum regardless of deductions, can't go under 30%. I support this. $15 mil a year then you get extra 5% increase (total of 15%). I agree also.
15. Expand the disaster known as Dodd-Frank. Why in the world anyone would want to expand it is beyond me.
17. No real change to free trade agreements. After all Mexicans are her base to placate and she can't get rid of her husband's bill NAFTA.

There are some things to like, but overall her plan is a disaster. It is build specifically to garner votes and placate the stupid!
Some free stuff to attract voters and tax the rich. Same old drivel.

facts are really important and dum dums probably shouldn't get their economic analysis from ask.com

"A Donald Trump presidency poses a top-10 risk event that could disrupt the world economy, lead to political chaos in the U.S. and heighten security risks for the United States, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

Electing Trump could also start a trade war, hurt trade with Mexico and be a godsend to terrorist recruiters in the Middle East, according to the latest EIU forecasts."

The Economist rates Trump presidency among its top 10 global risks

facts are really important and dum dums probably shouldn't get their economic analysis from ask.com

"A Donald Trump presidency poses a top-10 risk event that could disrupt the world economy, lead to political chaos in the U.S. and heighten security risks for the United States, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

Electing Trump could also start a trade war, hurt trade with Mexico and be a godsend to terrorist recruiters in the Middle East, according to the latest EIU forecasts."

Just another reason to vote third party. They are BOTH terrible. The more I learn about them the more I like Canada. Not too far of a move either. LOL

^^^^ :D

Did you guys miss the memo? You're supposed to be talking about the photoshopped thing on Hillary's tongue, or a concussion... or something.

Talking about the issues will bore Trump's base, and on top of that you'll actually have to bring up Trump's positions on issues which would be a complete disaster for your argument.

Nice red herring, but since she released her so called Econ plan why not give you view on it.

P.S. I am not voting for Trump. I am voting for the worst of 4 shit bombs - Gary Johnston

Another red herring, I didn't mention Trumps Econ plan. The article is a pro-Clinton economist!

Nice insults Jill

I suppose we need to understand why she feels the need to do these things.

I am O.K. with raising taxes on the upper class. This could be interesting. The upper class is in bed with government. Theu use government to protect their positions in business. I wonder how they will respond. Many left wing billionares want to be taxed more....go for it.

The whole infrastructure thing is a joke. It only makes more wealthy contractors working on bridges and roads that don't need work (or don't need to be there to begin with.

Here is from Larry Kudlow:

I really have tried to avoid articles that don't have numbers, but it seems neither side will publish any models....so....

Insanity Once More: The Hillary Clinton Economic Plan | RealClearPolitics

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, when in fact the results never change, is one definition of insanity. That definition works for economic insanity, too.

Over the past seven-and-a-half years, President Obama has maintained a steady course of burdensome new regulations, significant tax increases, and massive federal spending on so-called infrastructure. He has unconstitutionally ordered executive actions, favored labor over business, attacked banks, insulted successful corporate leaders, and backed federal-government mandates on business.

And with all this, strong economic recovery from a deep recession -- which has been an American tradition -- never came to pass.

A recent Wall Street Journal news headline proclaimed: “The Worst Expansion Since World War II.” The story noted that this lackluster economic expansion is actually getting weaker.

*********** later **************

And now comes Hillary Clinton’s economic plan, which will deliver more stagnant growth, falling wages, dropping productivity, and depressed investment.

Her program would raise taxes on so-called rich people, corporations, capital gains, death, and stock transactions. She would spend massively on infrastructure and again mandate rules for private businesses. Remarkably, she has no corporate tax reform (even Obama had a plan) to revive corporate investment and boost productivity, wages, and living standards.

Now here’s the question: By repeating Obama’s policies, how does she expect the economy to do any better than it did during Obama’s presidency?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then we have those who think that we'll get a better deal if we go to single payer.

These are all excellent ideas. Bernie should be happy. I wonder how many of them came from him directly?

#3 is the potential grand slam -- it could give us another 15 year economic boom until it crashes like Bill's last stimulus did.

I like #11 also.

For a public company reporting on a stock exchange, the pre-EPS profit must include a 10% distribution to employees, or else all wages and salaries paid become nondeductible.

This is because public companies worship EPS.

For a private company you could implement a 100% penalty tax on pretax income for the 10%.

P.S. I am not voting for Trump. I am voting for the worst of 4 shit bombs - Gary Johnston
I will probably vote Green Party.

That is what I did the last time I could not stand either candidate -- Gore or W.

Just another reason to vote third party. They are BOTH terrible. The more I learn about them the more I like Canada. Not too far of a move either. LOL
It does not matter whom you vote for; Hillary is going to win.

It's just that if you want to be able to hedge your bets on either one of them (which turned out to be a good thing in W's case), by voting Green Party or Lib Party you can say "I did not vote for either".

Smart lady. Smart team.

The Donald does not stand a chance.

Excellent example of nonrational thinking: Basing opposition to one candidate on election predictions while accepting another candidate's false narrative without question. What makes Hillary so smart? The fact that she had to go to Arkansas to pass a bar exam?

As for her economic plan, how will raising taxes on corporations promote job growth? This is nothing more than another political payback to labor unions for their support. The Golden Goose of free enterprise is already on life support, but Hillary keeps hacking away. How much longer before it flatlines?

Last edited:
overall her plan is a disaster. It is build specifically to garner votes and placate the stupid!

I'm hardly convinced by your merely saying so that her proposals are a disaster. On a comparative basis with that proposed by Trump, multiple experts (economists) who have performed a quantitative analysis that they've published rate her economic plan, and/or elements of it, ahead of Trump's.
  • These are the only two of which I've seen the writers share both the results of their analysis and the methodology by which they arrived at their conclusions. I have seen lots of other experts share their opinions, but I've seen none who clearly document the methodology that led to it. If one has a economic prediction, be it of gloom, doom, glory or grandeur, if one doesn't expose the means by which one came to arrive at it, one is merely speculating. Better to reserve one's speculative and epistemologically empty prognostication for the gaming rooms in Las Vegas.
Examining just Mrs. Clinton's proposals in isolation from Trump's (and in one case together) and from sources that don't provide evidence of the rigor found in the two studies noted above:
Now you may conclude that the predicted outcomes are disastrous, and that's your right to do as long as you are also well informed about economics and the impact on macroeconomic outcomes that non-economic/non-financial behavior may have.

What I think is or will be a disaster is our as a nation electing Congressional representatives who act with such obstructionist deliberacy that we don't ever get a chance to discover existentially whether Mrs. Clinton's or any other elected leader's ideas work or don't work. In my mind, it's better to try something and find out than to constantly bicker back and forth via the proxy of competing expert opinions, all of which are subject to whether they use "this" economic model or "that" one, that is, subject to what parameters/variable are included in and left out of each respective model and how they are implemented within that model. Notwithstanding that few if any of them disclose what model they used so that the few folks who understand how to apply and analyze the model can remark upon it and others the experts may have chosen instead, and even that is a far larger body of folks than is the one comprised of folks who can legitimately propose revisions to any given model. (Here's an example of one economic model.)

The reality is that for most folks, whose economic plan they favor or don't has to do with who else supports it. Certainly for all those "non-college educated white males" who favor trump, it's likely that few to none of them have any reason for disapproving of Mrs. Clinton's economic plans other than that Trump and his supporters do. The same can be said of most Clinton supporters and their disdain for Trump's plans. Well, that in my mind is a pretty piss poor reason no matter from which side it comes. In contrast, trying either candidate's plan and finding out will provide the kind of input that can rightly and clearly inform even the most economically,and mathematically unschooled citizens.

These are all excellent ideas. Bernie should be happy. I wonder how many of them came from him directly?

#3 is the potential grand slam -- it could give us another 15 year economic boom until it crashes like Bill's last stimulus did.

That is because you don't understand the inner workings of business. I have done compliance law for too big to fail financial institutions for over 10 years. I see what big regulation and quasi-government agencies do to these business. I don't believe you achieved higher than entry level. If you had you might have a big boy interpretation of such things.

I suppose we need to understand why she feels the need to do these things.

I am O.K. with raising taxes on the upper class. This could be interesting. The upper class is in bed with government. Theu use government to protect their positions in business. I wonder how they will respond. Many left wing billionares want to be taxed more....go for it.

The whole infrastructure thing is a joke. It only makes more wealthy contractors working on bridges and roads that don't need work (or don't need to be there to begin with.

You think our roads and bridges don't need work?

Forum List

Back