Clinton Could Have Prevented 9/11

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Able Danger's hidden hand
    By Jack Kelly
    August 15, 2005

http://washingtontimes.com/commentary/20050814-095413-9369r.htm

2. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I read this column yesterday and am absolutely stunned that the national press is leaving this story alone. Clinton just didn't want to deal with the terrorism threat and didn't, although it was the biggest outside threat facing the U.S. during his terms as President. It's clear why Clinton chose to have only two meetings with his CIA Director during his entire 8-year tenure. This kind of business just wasn't an interest of his, and eventually 3,000 innocent Americans paid the price for this lack of interest and action against the terrorists.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    What I don't get, is I remember reading bits and pieces of this in 2002. When the 9/11 Commission started their inquiry, many were upset about Gorelick being on the Commission, since she had been part of the administration and had herself it turned out, written the memo that justified and insisted the wall must be there, (See Jimnyc's post from 4/04).

It's been obvious that there were problems with communications across the enforcement lines-whether DOD, FBI, CIA, and local authorities. I've heard that it may have stemmed from the disasters of Waco/Ruby Ridge, but whatever the underlying reasons, terrorism should NOT have been dealt with as only a criminal matter-thus setting the scene for only 'intelligence gathering' and not prevention.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Perhaps even prior to 1999:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...8031,print.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  6. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    There's more to this story than we currently know. The government must have had a lot more information compiled on the 19 Arabs who flew those planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon than has been previously indicated, or they would not have been able to identify the attackers so quickly following the attack.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I think mainly because Cong Weldon decided to take this matter up on the floor of Congress and for once the NY Times actually picked it up and ran with it. I would have liked to have seen the news last night as I understand one of the main intelligence officers who was directly involved in this was making the rounds, and he is backed up by at least nine other intel officers who were also directly involved in able danger.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    True, the DOD guy didn't hurt either! :thup:

9. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I think you're all missing the key to the puzzle here. If the Hart-Rudman Act, now known as the Homeland Security Act, had been approved by the Senate, then 9-11 would not have been possible. Clinton did try. His calls for emergency and warnings of imminent danger were completely ignored by the press, the Senate, even by GWB, and by many otherwise intelligent Americans.

Psychoblues

10. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    This is a post in jest, right? If you're serious, then go read Clinton's farewell speech. We were living in Eden, brother; there was not a care in this world to be had.