Clinton brought China into the WTO and the GOP cries........why?

R

rdean

http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=laborunions

When China entered the WTO, they suddenly had a vested interest into be less warlike, And since Obama became president, Republicans have cried that all the jobs moving to China is Clinton's fault, even though the jobs moved while Bush was president and Republicans controlled the entire government so well they could use reconciliation three times.

So what did Bush and the GOP do to protect jobs?

Above is a report with data gathered from:

American Enterprise Institute
Economic Policy Institute
Government Accountability Office
Goldman, Sachs & Co.
House Appropriations Committee
Los Angeles Times
New York Time
US Census Bureau
US Dept of Commerce
Bureau of Economic Analysis
US Department of Labor
Bureau of Labor Statistics
US Department of Treasure
US Trade Representative
World Trade Organization

on what Republicans and the Bush Administration did to subsidize business moving overseas. The Bush administration gave tax breaks to companies moving to China and now Republicans say the way to bring them back is to cut their taxes even more.
In fact, Republicans even blocked a bill that would end tax breaks to companies moving American jobs overseas:

Senate Republicans block bill to end tax breaks for outsourcing

Senate Republicans blocked a bill that would end tax breaks for companies that send jobs overseas.

On Wednesday, the Senate voted 54-42 to end debate on S. 2569, the Bring Jobs Home Act — 60 votes were needed to advance the measure.

------------
Read the report. If you have any information contrary to the information listed. Whining cries of "lair" aren't enough. Not anymore.

Another cross party lines problem brought about through money in Washington. Try to turn it into a partisan problem all you like, but it isn't.

Clinton signed nafta, and this shit with China, and the giant sucking sound predicted by Perot commenced. Bush did nothing and Obama gives us TPP.

If you actually think all of this is bad maybe you should look at voting for trump, as he seems to be the only candidate even talking about doing anything about this, at least as far as I know......

Glad you dont mind you shipped how many jobs over there and turned them into world power.....great job

Another cross party lines problem brought about through money in Washington. Try to turn it into a partisan problem all you like, but it isn't.

Clinton signed nafta, and this shit with China, and the giant sucking sound predicted by Perot commenced. Bush did nothing and Obama gives us TPP.

If you actually think all of this is bad maybe you should look at voting for trump, as he seems to be the only candidate even talking about doing anything about this, at least as far as I know......
Perhaps you might want to read the report. It's not that long and it is very interesting.

My opinion is bringing China into the WTO was good for the entire world. But part of the agreement were worker's conditions and rights and pay. And job protections.

Republicans saw ways to make gobs of money by screwing over America and it proved to be irresistible. Look at how Romney made his money and Republicans wanted him as president.

Perhaps you might want to read the report. It's not that long and it is very interesting.

My opinion is bringing China into the WTO was good for the entire world. But part of the agreement were worker's conditions and rights and pay. And job protections.

Republicans saw ways to make gobs of money by screwing over America and it proved to be irresistible. Look at how Romney made his money and Republicans wanted him as president.

I might do that. Loading up to head to grandma's now.

Continue to think it's just pubs if you like. I maintain it clearly is not. Both sides are sucking gobs of money from these people and getting rich doing it.

Continue to think it's just pubs if you like. I maintain it clearly is not. Both sides are sucking gobs of money from these people and getting rich doing it.
If that were true, the US Chamber of Commerce would give to both sides equally instead of 10 to 1 to Republicans which have been posted on this site many times going all the way back to Bush's first term.

Saying business gives to both sides the same is something Republicans say to muddy the waters. If Republicans say one thing and the facts say something else, I would trust the facts.

If that were true, the US Chamber of Commerce would give to both sides equally instead of 10 to 1 to Republicans which have been posted on this site many times going all the way back to Bush's first term.

Saying business gives to both sides the same is something Republicans say to muddy the waters. If Republicans say one thing and the facts say something else, I would trust the facts.

Us chamber of commerce?

Who gives a rip what one organization did. In the big picture that is meaningless. We could then say that the teachers union, for instance, is the poster child for dem abuse.

We're talking, or I was, about the overall impact of big corporate lobby money in DC. It's a problem, a huge one, on both sides of the aisle. To say otherwise when hundreds of millions is flowing in both directions makes no sense. I'm not defending the republicans on this, btw, just pointing out what is a major problem with our political system.

Both sides need to own it instead of simply pointing the finger at the other guy to justify their own people's actions.

Forum List

Back