Clint Eastwood to film new Richard Jewell movie in Georgia despite calls for boycott over abortion l

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Like him or not, at least you know what you are getting with Clint. Anyone want to bet this helps his film? I bet it does.

Clint Eastwood to film new Richard Jewell movie in Georgia despite calls for boycott over abortion law

Clint Eastwood will film his new movie, “The Ballad of Richard Jewell,” in Georgia, despite many Hollywood celebrities calling for a boycott of the state due to its controversial “heartbeat” abortion law.

The measure, which was signed into law by Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp last month, prohibits abortions in the state after a heartbeat is detected, which can be as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. Celebrities such as Jameela Jamill, Busy Philipps, Tiffany Haddish, Alyssa Milano and Milla Jovovich have spoken out about the bill and more than 50 others called for studios to boycott filming in the state until the ban is lifted.

According to WJCL, Eastwood is moving forward with production on his latest movie in Georgia, clearly ignoring the calls for a boycott. It wouldn't make much sense to film anywhere else as the often right-leaning director and actor will helm a story that’s very specific to the city of Atlanta.

Ironic they are calling for a boycott since if there is one story that is not going to make Jawja look good, it is this one.

I love Clint Eastwood. He doesn’t care what the leftwards say. He does his thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back