Climate Science- is it currently designed to answer questions?

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
Climate Science - Is it currently designed to answer questions?

http://tallbloke.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/ejv2id9_sm2008_lindzen.pdf

This is an incredibly lucid and well supported paper on the topic of where climate science stands today and how it got to this point. It is a long read (33 pages) but provides a valuable window into the workings of the various agencies and organizations that make up what we know as climate science.

There is some particularly interesting insight into the workings of the various academies that warmists, in particular, like to quote when claiming that "nearly all" scientists believe that climate change is caused by CO2 and mankind is responsible.

The first few sentences of the abstract give the reader a good indication of what the paper is about and the topics to be explored.

"For a variety of inter-related cultural, organizational, and political reasons, progress in climate science and the actual solution of scientific problems in this field have moved at a much slower rate than would normally be possible. Not all these factors are unique to climate science, but the heavy influence of politics has served to amplify the role of the other factors. By cultural factors, I primarily refer to the change in the scientific paradigm from a dialectic oppositionbetween theory and observation to an emphasis on simulation and observational programs. The latter serves to almost eliminate the dialectical focus of the former. Whereas the former had the potential for convergence, the latter is much less effective."

Linden is the only person I know of that speaks in perfectly formed paragraphs with no umms or pauses. Unfortunately. He doesn't ooze Personality. It's too bad Feynman wasn't Still around to expose the CAGW bullshite.

Linden is the only person I know of that speaks in perfectly formed paragraphs with no umms or pauses. Unfortunately. He doesn't ooze Personality. It's too bad Feynman wasn't Still around to expose the CAGW bullshite.

Too bad science has been politicized to the point that personality has become a factor. When that point was reached science stopped being science.

Have you been reading about the dust up over FOI regarding who was onthe panel at BBC when they decided to stop giving air time to 'deniers'? After a favourable judge decided to keep the 30 names secret the blogosphere got on board to CRack the case and found out it was executives and greenies with practically no scientistsinvolved.

We are getting better and better at Finding the truth.

Have you been reading about the dust up over FOI regarding who was onthe panel at BBC when they decided to stop giving air time to 'deniers'? After a favourable judge decided to keep the 30 names secret the blogosphere got on board to CRack the case and found out it was executives and greenies with practically no scientistsinvolved.

Yeah, I have been following that story for a while now. Not surprising that they didn't want those names to become public. I doubt that it will change anything, the BBC being what they are, but it is always good when the truth becomes public.

Yeah, I have been following that story for a while now. Not surprising that they didn't want those names to become public. I doubt that it will change anything, the BBC being what they are, but it is always good when the truth becomes public.

it's all starting to unravel. if a couple of big name journalists decide to do an actual expose on some of this stuff then the world may get pissed off and do something, rather than just ignore it like they have been doing for the last few years since the tide has turned.

I really wont be happy until Michael Mann is publically humiliated for his part in all of this.

I really wont be happy until Michael Mann is publically humiliated for his part in all of this.

I don't know if you can humiliate someone with absolutely no scruples. No matter what degredation that sort is subjected to, they find a way internally to blame someone else.

This was written in 1981.

Climate Impact of Increasing Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

The global temperature rose by 0.2°C between the middle 1960's and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated greenhouse effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980's. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

Small sailboats are now navigating passages only prevously done with large icebreakers.

Adventurers Return Home After Historic Sailing Trip Through Northwest Passage

And then there is the matter of the effect of the vanishing Arctic Ice on the rest of the world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

And the actual extent of the melt.
Northern Hemisphere Sea Ice Area

What's your point? The land stations project has found that over half of the reported warming is due to heat island effect as a result of poorly placed stations. Then there is the deliberate fudging and altering of the record.

In short, manmade climate change is and always has been a sham. If you want to know what is going on in the earth climate there is no need to look any further than natural variability.

I don't know if you can humiliate someone with absolutely no scruples. No matter what degredation that sort is subjected to, they find a way internally to blame someone else.

I won't be happy till he's broke and sitting in the Federal penn. somewhere.

Climate Impact of Increasing Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

The global temperature rose by 0.2°C between the middle 1960's and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated greenhouse effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980's. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

Small sailboats are now navigating passages only prevously done with large icebreakers.

And then there is the matter of the effect of the vanishing Arctic Ice on the rest of the world.

Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube

And the actual extent of the melt.
Northern Hemisphere Sea Ice Area

Ancient, ancient history olfraud, and proven wrong on almost all counts. Why do you keep dredging this crapola up? No one except for you true believers pays any attention to this nonsense any longer.

Forum List

Back