Climate change will drive higher plant populations

The problem isn't plants. The problem is that too many humans imitate the below species, including you....

The problem isn't plants. The problem is that too many humans imitate the below species, including you....

No the real problem is people like you

upload_2016-9-19_16-24-22.jpeg

Let's see if you can think beyond the parrot species...

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

Start the Jeopardy! music....

Uh oh, will we have to much of a plant population due to climate change? Will we have to restrict plants to just one baby plant????

Bear, did you not read the article before you posted it or did the contents elude you? It has nothing to do with "to much of a plant population" (sic) and doesn't even suggest an overall increase in plant population, even in the corn crops it does discuss.

Uh oh, will we have to much of a plant population due to climate change? Will we have to restrict plants to just one baby plant????

Bear, did you not read the article before you posted it or did the contents elude you? It has nothing to do with "to much of a plant population" (sic) and doesn't even suggest an overall increase in plant population, even in the corn crops it does discuss.

What? Can't you comprehend what it says? I won't even copy and paste, since you just lied or playing dumb

The article concerns corn row width. The only comment about climate change says it might be good for northern farmers but will be bad for southern farmers. Period. If you don't have a response...

Below's list of "wonders" are simply the basic management factors that help guide the university's research. He told farmers that plant density is a component of yield, and he counted it as his "fifth wonder" that's changed the most over the past 50 years.

"Especially in the northern latitudes, like North Dakota, if you have a long day and a short season, then the idea is, 'I've got to intercept light as quickly as possible. I'd better change my plant population, my plant arrangement, to optimize my light."

Theoretically, climate change should have some advantages for northern corn farmers. It's less beneficial for farmers who already have high temperatures, farther south that the Dakotas and Minnesota.

"There's winners and losers when it comes to increasing the temperatures, and -- of course -- North Dakota is one of the winners." And then he quickly qualified that: "Probably everyone's a loser (on climate change) in the long run. Some geographies will be harmed

Yep

The article concerns corn row width. The only comment about climate change says it might be good for northern farmers but will be bad for southern farmers. Period. If you don't have a response...

Yea , and you can't figure out in the article says they have to shorten the width between the rows now? Jesus can't any liberal do math anymore? Less width in between rows equal more harvest on an acre of land.

Below's list of "wonders" are simply the basic management factors that help guide the university's research. He told farmers that plant density is a component of yield, and he counted it as his "fifth wonder" that's changed the most over the past 50 years.

"Especially in the northern latitudes, like North Dakota, if you have a long day and a short season, then the idea is, 'I've got to intercept light as quickly as possible. I'd better change my plant population, my plant arrangement, to optimize my light."

Theoretically, climate change should have some advantages for northern corn farmers. It's less beneficial for farmers who already have high temperatures, farther south that the Dakotas and Minnesota.

"There's winners and losers when it comes to increasing the temperatures, and -- of course -- North Dakota is one of the winners." And then he quickly qualified that: "Probably everyone's a loser (on climate change) in the long run. Some geographies
will be harmed

Yep

Who would be the biggest loser if we have another ice age?

The entire frickin northern hemisphere , how many people would that kill?

Probably 3/4 ths of the human race due to starvation.

In some places potentially. In other places there will just be desert.

Now that is the most stupidest thing I ever heard, the damn Phoenix area is one huge desert but has one of the biggest winter crops of lettuce and such.

So what? That doesn't mean anything.

Where does Phoenix get its water from?

History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian

"Arizona is bone dry, desiccated by the worst drought ever seen in the state's 110-year long observational record."

"A quarter of Arizona's water comes from the Colorado River"

Seeing as the Colorado river delta has lost all its wetlands because not enough water arrives there.....

"Arizona does get about 44 percent of its water from groundwater. As a fall-back, some cities have already turned to pumping this water out of the ground. Yet groundwater is only renewable to an extent, so relying on it long term is not a real solution."

....and water is running out underneath Arizona, it suggests that while Arizona can currently grow crops, this may soon change, as climate change and man's usage of water turns Arizona from a "bone dry" desert into a massive Saharan type desert.

So it might be the most stupid thing you've heard, but what you said might be getting close to be the most stupid I've heard, though the amount of crap on this forum means you're not that close.

"There's winners and losers when it comes to increasing the temperatures, and -- of course -- North Dakota is one of the winners." And then he quickly qualified that: "Probably everyone's a loser (on climate change) in the long run. Some geographies
will be harmed

Yep

But some things are natural and you deal with them. We're at a point now where living in the cold isn't so much of a problem any more.

Seeing the destruction of the world as we know it on the other hand, could be fatal for humans and a lot of other animal species.

Now that is the most stupidest thing I ever heard, the damn Phoenix area is one huge desert but has one of the biggest winter crops of lettuce and such.

"Arizona is bone dry, desiccated by the worst drought ever seen in the state's 110-year long observational record."

Seeing as the Colorado river delta has lost all its wetlands because not enough water arrives there.....

"Arizona does get about 44 percent of its water from groundwater. As a fall-back, some cities have already turned to pumping this water out of the ground. Yet groundwater is only renewable to an extent, so relying on it long term is not a real solution."

....and water is running out underneath Arizona, it suggests that while Arizona can currently grow crops, this may soon change, as climate change and man's usage of water turns Arizona from a "bone dry" desert into a massive Saharan type desert.

So it might be the most stupid thing you've heard, but what you said might be getting close to be the most stupid I've heard, though the amount of crap on this forum means you're not that close.

So you just figured out irrigation? Congrats you win a gold star...

Now tell me how much fresh water is dumped into the Pacific ocean due to tree huggers that want to save some stupid fish or what ever?

will be harmed

Yep

But some things are natural and you deal with them. We're at a point now where living in the cold isn't so much of a problem any more.

Seeing the destruction of the world as we know it on the other hand, could be fatal for humans and a lot of other animal species.

You moron climate change the reversal of the poles will happen anyways...with or with out man

Take your pick global warming or another ice age the statistics tell you it would of happen.

Woa dude you want to preach to me and use the Sahara desert as an example?

The Sahara desert was once tropical and turned into a desert overnight in a blink of an eye in geological terms.

Their is a huge aquifer beneath her, and could change back to tropical just that fast again..

Never studied beanith Arizona but what does that matter?

You think we couldn't build again desalination plants in California and pipe that water in?

Doom and gloom is all your ilk has.

So you just figured out irrigation? Congrats you win a gold star...

Now tell me how much fresh water is dumped into the Pacific ocean due to tree huggers that want to save some stupid fish or what ever?

Yes, I know what irrigation is. However I also know that if there isn't enough water then irrigation can't happen. In Spain the south doesn't have enough water, it's turning into a desert. The govt wanted to build an irrigation system from the north to the south, but it hasn't happened because the people in the north don't want to end up as a desert too.

People think that rivers should reach the sea, and the natural wetlands should be preserved. If you know that Mao ZeDong ordered the killing of birds you'll understand the impact of birds dying out.

What you're advocating is turning everything into human use and ignoring the impact this will have on the world.

If you're so interested in irrigation, then you'd pay the extra expense for desalination plants. Oh, no one wants desalination because it's too expensive, so let's destroy our habitat anyway.

What would happen if the 44% of water Nevada gets from underneath dries up? What would happen if the water reaching Nevada from the Colorado would half? You wouldn't be able to grow anything and have human habitation.

will be harmed

Yep

You moron climate change the reversal of the poles will happen anyways...with or with out man

Take your pick global warming or another ice age the statistics tell you it would of happen.

Wow, insults.

Woa dude you want to preach to me and use the Sahara desert as an example?

The Sahara desert was once tropical and turned into a desert overnight in a blink of an eye in geological terms.

Their is a huge aquifer beneath her, and could change back to tropical just that fast again..

Never studied beanith Arizona but what does that matter?

You think we couldn't build again desalination plants in California and pipe that water in?

Doom and gloom is all your ilk has.

Prove it. You've made your claim, prove your claim.

Forum List

Back