Climate Change Skeptics Eat Crow

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Global warming skeptics suspected climate change scientists were hiding data. So the skeptics paid for a new study to find the real truth. The results are in! And they're identical to previous results: Humans are heating up the earth.

University of California physics professor Richard Muller, one of the most vocal skeptics, gathered a team of 10 scientists, mostly physicists, including 2011 Nobel Physics Prize winner Saul Perlmutter, to create the Berkeley Earth Project.

Muller et. al. thought that data from weather stations used for previous studies may have been off because those located close to cities would record artificially warm temperatures. So the Berkeley Earth Project used new methods to re-analyze data from 40,000 weather stations. And guess what? The resulting graph looks almost exactly the same as the graphs from previous studies.

Climate Change Skeptics Eat Crow

It does look like there has been warming since 1800, and that was the likely outcome.

Good for Muller for checking this work.

Now, if anyone can link that warming to being caused in any significant manner to man-made CO2, then the skeptics will be happy.

Contrary to popular belief, few of the scientific 'skeptics' argued that there was no warming. They surely did want honest data, but more importantly they want the science to support any claims that man-made CO2 caused any warming, and if it did, the magnitude and significance of that contribution.

The science does not support any conclusions on that.

In a related story, the number of laboratory experiments showing how a 100PPM increase in CO2 raises temperatures and acidifies the ocean is still zero.

For crying out loud, who doesn't believe in Climate change.

and like the GLOBE doesn't cool and warm:eusa_whistle:

It does look like there has been warming since 1800, and that was the likely outcome.

Good for Muller for checking this work.

Now, if anyone can link that warming to being caused in any significant manner to man-made CO2, then the skeptics will be happy.

Contrary to popular belief, few of the scientific 'skeptics' argued that there was no warming. They surely did want honest data, but more importantly they want the science to support any claims that man-made CO2 caused any warming, and if it did, the magnitude and significance of that contribution.

The science does not support any conclusions on that.
OH BULLSHIT!!!
The deniers have been claiming the globe has been COOLING since 1998!!!

no global warming since 1998 - Google Search

they dont know , they jsut pretend whatever they want is real

indeed.........because we can. The science crap is important only to the internet k00ks. Nobody else cares!!! The k00ks still dont get this.

Perhaps the deniers do eat crow.........but on that study alone. Not in the bigger picture of things............which is not even debatable>>>>> What Happened to Democrats' Energy, Climate Change Legislation Plans? | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 9, 2010 | PBS .........and this story was written at PBS well over a year ago:D:D:D

And whats happened since then??

Ummm..............nothing s0ns!!!:coffee: To boot, since then, all we've seen in the news is all the green energy scams related to stimulus money!!! That should really get the ball rolling on climate legislation in America.

Deniers eating crow?????

kool_aid_man_waving-2.jpg

Nobody gives a rats ass about the science............except of course, lefty internet hero's who engage in science data posting OCD. The rest of the world is obviously unimpressed!!!

I hate to break it to the lefty internet science hero's but after next November, for all intents and purposes, this forum is going to die, except maybe for becomming the science hobby forum.:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Last edited:
Global warming is real

"The planet has been warming," says a new study of temperature records, conducted by Berkeley professor Richard Muller. I wonder what he'll be telling us next: that night follows day? That water is wet? That great white sharks have nasty pointy teeth? That sheep go "baaaa"?

No, the only surprising part of the results of the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Project is the good professor's chutzpah in trying to present them as new or surprising – let alone any kind of blow to the people he calls "skeptics" (or, when speaking to his friends at the Guardian, "deniers").

Here's the money quote from a ramblingly disingenuous piece he wrote in The Wall Street Journal, (which frankly should have known better than to fall for this guff):

Without good answers to all these complaints, global-warming skepticism seems sensible. But now let me explain why you should not be a skeptic, at least not any longer.

Let me explain what is going on here. And you can trust me: I'm not a climate scientist. What I am is someone eminently more qualified to deconstruct the semantic skullduggery going on here: a student of language, rhetoric and grade one bullshit.

In the first half of his piece, Professor Muller sets up his straw man. He does so by ascribing to "skeptics" views that they don't actually hold. Their case, he pretends for the sake of his wafer-thin argument, rests on the idea that the last century's land-based temperature data sets are so hopelessly corrupt that they have created the illusion of global warming where none actually exists.

No it doesn't. It has been a truth long acknowledged by climate sceptics, deniers and realists of every conceivable hue that since the mid-19th century, the planet has been on a warming trend – emerging, as it has been, from a widely known phenomenon known as the Little Ice Age. A period which in turn was preceded by the even better known Medieval Warming Period.

Global warming is real – Telegraph Blogs

Last edited:
they dont know , they jsut pretend whatever they want is real

indeed.........because we can. The science crap is important only to the internet k00ks. Nobody else cares!!! The k00ks still dont get this.

Perhaps the deniers do eat crow.........but on that study alone. Not in the bigger picture of things............which is not even debatable>>>>> What Happened to Democrats' Energy, Climate Change Legislation Plans? | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 9, 2010 | PBS .........and this story was written at PBS well over a year ago:D:D:D

And whats happened since then??

Ummm..............nothing s0ns!!!:coffee: To boot, since then, all we've seen in the news is all the green energy scams related to stimulus money!!! That should really get the ball rolling on climate legislation in America.

Deniers eating crow?????

Nobody gives a rats ass about the science............except of course, lefty internet hero's who engage in science data posting OCD. The rest of the world is obviously unimpressed!!!

I hate to break it to the lefty internet science hero's but after next November, for all intents and purposes, this forum is going to die, except maybe for becomming the science hobby forum.:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:
CON$ revel in their STUPIDITY!!! :cuckoo:

I havent had time to read the BEST papers but the UHI results seem very odd. I wonder how long the peer review will last and how many changes will be made. interesting times.

Forum List

Back