Cleveland police, EMS unions won't hold flag for NFL's Browns after players kneel for anthem

Discussion in 'Sports' started by shockedcanadian, Sep 3, 2017.

1. JQPublic1

JQPublic1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    They already have by allowing murderous cops to walk free and laugh in the faces of Black Americans. Thats what rhe flag has come to represent...

Even though many Blacks have fought and died in every war they still are pariahs in many parts of this country. If kneeling brings world attention to the senseless killing if unarmed Blacks in this coutry by people who hate them, So be it. Blacks earned that right in blood.

2. JQPublic1

JQPublic1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    Go for it..blacks can start their own league or franchise.

3. Anathema

Anathema Crotchety Olde Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,401
    Yeah. Thst would work beautifully. The folks who couldn't have qualified to go to college except as a football player, who never went to class because they were football players and who left early to become professional football players are going to start their own league?

That's a laugh.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  4. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,050
    The fix is simple. The players should simply be told: you don't stand, you don't play. Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,575
    Jerry Jones of the Cowboys had the right idea: take a knee and youre no longer a part of the team

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JQPublic1

JQPublic1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    Here's another laugh. White guys who own teams and franchises probably didn't go to college either. Nor did they play football at all. News flash! There are some capable blacks out there with management skills and business acumen. Blacks like Oprah, Dwyane
    Johnson or other celebrities could be owners. A consortium of wealthy Blacks could pool their intellectual and financial resources to buy franchises and hire the best of those football players to play for them. And they don't even have to do it in America.
    Mexico or Canada would welcome them. And the flags of those countries would be far easier to stand for ...that is... for some Blacks who know history..

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. JQPublic1

JQPublic1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    Then so be it. The Black talent in that franchise can play elsewhere.. although we know what happened to Colin Kaepernick.
    but he is being blackballed as a lone "willie lynch" example. If Black and White players unite in solidariy and take a knee during the national anthem...what then? And if fans start to join them...what then?

In the end it all comes down to principles. The outcome depends on which side bends under economic pressure and abandons their principles for money.

Patrick Henry's immortal words are aptly applied to the kneeling protestors:

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"

This quote from Thomas Payne nailed it:

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."

8. Anathema

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,401
    They have business experience, and most of them DO have college degrees. More importantly, they have an existing League model to work within.

How much does Oprah know about football? Dwayne is a Hawaiian native, not black. Why would affluent blacks support a venture that's extremely unlikely to succeed? The NFL is one of the largest business ventures in the country, with almost a century of legal and cultural backing.

Yep. The NFL is all over the newspapers and tv screens here in the USA. Besides, the Canadian Looney and the Peso are such great currencies against the dollar. You'd need the entire Mexican budget to pay Colin Kaepernick what he thinks he's worth.

Thanks for the response. I needed a good laugh. I'd pay to watch an all white NFL before I watched a new "BFL" (Black Football League) for free.

9. JQPublic1

JQPublic1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    So you think only White people have business acumen? You are rather shallow aren't you?
    And your assuption that "most" owners have degrees further underlines the vacuous nature of your thinking. Shall I go on?
    Allow me to remove some of the fog clouding your mind. My proposal for Black entrepreneurs to buy an NFL franchise would not be to create an all black team...no that would not be the American way. My proposal is a strategy for Blacks to have a voice
    in the NFL through ownership. Perhaps the Green Bay communal ownership model would work within the Black community...of course with a diverse lineup on the field to keep all those fans happy.
    She doesn't have to "know" football.
    Owners just have to know how to hire good managers and rake in the dough. Good business acumen is essential..You can't deny it; and, Oprah is one of the very best on the business end of things. And there are other blacks just as good.
    Obama is a Hawaiian native...Dwyane Johnson is the biracial progeny from a Samoan mother and a Black father.
    I am shocked you didn't know that.
    You might be fatalistic in your thinking because you misunderstood the concept. Black ownership of an NFL team is possible... An all black team is not the goal...calling the shots in one or more franchises is the goal.
    Pro sports teams in Canada have been included in American leagues for a long time. Initially, that might be
    a good place to get a foot in the door towards franchise ownership. Mexico may be open later to offers of investing in part ownership of an existing team...BTW Doesn't the richest man in the world live there?
    And yeah...he is a Mexican...a real one.
    As I've been saying all along...the goal of Black ownership is not to create an all Black team...that would be silly and counterproductive.
    Now its my turn to laugh...heh heh heh.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  10. Anathema

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,401
    You do realize that NFL owners must be approved by the existing owners, right? Oh, and teams are available for purchase all the time. I saw two on Craigslist last week. The NFL owners are not going to approve a new owner with a political agenda. Especially not one whose agenda has been shown to reduce ratings.