Cleveland-Cliffs steel mill in East Chicago, IN to start making steel with hydrogen instead of coal.

The last time I checked, balsa wood grows back. 95% of the world's balsa supplies come from Ecuador where it is grown on plantations. It is an incredibly fast growing tree, reaching 30 meters (just under 100 feet) in 15 years. They also rarely live longer than 35 years. --https://www.kew.org/plants/balsa-tree#:~:text=Balsa%20trees%20grow%20incredibly%20rapidly,rarely%20live%20beyond%2035%20years.
The last time you checked was after you disagreed with me when I stated balsa would was used to build wind turbines.

You disagreed crick.

Now you are making excuses. The Rain Forest disagrees with crick.

BALSA FEVER

The increased demand led to the deforestation of virgin balsa in the Amazon basin, in what came to be known as ‘balsa fever’. Balseros began to illegally deforest virgin balsa from the islands and banks of the Amazonian rivers in an effort to overcome the shortage of cultivated wood. This has had a terrible impact on the Indigenous peoples of the Ecuadorian Amazon, in a similarly brutal way to that caused by mining and oil extraction in recent decades, and the rubber boom at the start of the 20th century.
1697462973824.png

Fiberglass alone is two heavy. They made airplanes out of balsa wood.

Your ignorance is extraordinary. To claim my hatred blinds me to the truth, what does that say of reinydays, you, when your hatred falsely accuses those who are actually right.

In my case I am right and I work for the wind industry

View attachment 843315

View attachment 843316

Looks like fiberglass to me ... steel, copper ...

Balsa not strong enough ... see how easily it breaks ... we used a polymer but this was the 20th Century ... times change ...

"Your ignorance is extraordinary."

Game on, bitch, hope your math is up to speed ...

Forum List

Back