Classical Music.

5.10 leader

When considering music, we generally think of rock or pop.

How about classical music, are there any takers?

I certainly appreciate modern music in many forms but also have a penchant for classical music.

I generally prefer something "heavier" such as Mahler, Chopin and Beethoven but for really atmospheric music, I think it's difficult to beat Symphonie Fantastique by Berlioz or for "sex on a CD", L'Apres-Midi d'un Faune by Debussy.

Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos played by the Academy of Ancient Music on authentic period instruments is one of my favourite CD's for relaxing to.

Originally posted by 5.10 leader
When considering music, we generally think of rock or pop.

How about classical music, are there any takers?

I certainly appreciate modern music in many forms but also have a penchant for classical music.

I generally prefer something "heavier" such as Mahler, Chopin and Beethoven but for really atmospheric music, I think it's difficult to beat Symphonie Fantastique by Berlioz or for "sex on a CD", L'Apres-Midi d'un Faune by Debussy.

Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos played by the Academy of Ancient Music on authentic period instruments is one of my favourite CD's for relaxing to.
I love classical music...even opera. My favorite is Tchiakovsky. I like most Beethoven and Mozart too.

You don't know what good music is Jackass!!!!! I thought you were going to take me to an opera???? :)

sex on a CD", L'Apres-Midi d'un Faune by Debussy

Absolutely wonderful !!

I have quite an extensive collection myself, didn't think anyone appreciates good music anymore !:)

I also like to listen to some classic music. In fact, I was just listening to Adam Sandlers "Piece of shit car". Now THAT'S classic! :D

Sorry, continue on.

HAHAHAHAHAH! you are such an ass!

Now now Jim, you know you went to see Phantom of the Opera! :) told your secret! hahah! sad part is, you never took me! LOSER!

Yes, I did see Phantom, twice!

"Angel of music"
"All I ask of you"

I don't think that qualifies as classical either though.

Just the fact that you went and couldn't be bothered to me!!!

No, I don't see you as liking classical at all! :)

Originally posted by jimnyc
I also like to listen to some classic music. In fact, I was just listening to Adam Sandlers "Piece of shit car". Now THAT'S classic! :D

Sorry, continue on.

Actually a better classical piece is "At a Medium Pace"

That's a bad one Jackass! funny, but not when my kids were sitting here and that played! :)

Originally posted by eric
Absolutely wonderful !!

I have quite an extensive collection myself, didn't think anyone appreciates good music anymore !:)

There are some of us around Eric.

Personally I enjoy most music although I do draw the line at rap, boy bands and Chinese opera.

I have to admit a liking for Indian classical music, Ravi and Anoushka (Norah Jones' sister) Shankar are particular favourites along with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, probably the greatest exponent of Qawwali music.

I can't say I like anything but classical and real rock n roll. Some country...okay. Some pop...okay. Anything else, yelch!

However, anyone who exposes themselves by making music, more power to them. What an incredibly difficult thing to do...get an album made and played.

Originally posted by Moi
However, anyone who exposes themselves by making music, more power to them. What an incredibly difficult thing to do...get an album made and played.

I do agree with you Moi but within limits. Certainly the artists who stay the course have achieved a great deal. However too often, at least here, groups are manufactured to suit a producers requirements for tv exposure, produce one or two records and are then unceremoniously dumped.

Forum List

Back