Clarifying the Facts - William Ayres

Discussion in 'Congress' started by DavidS, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    The day FoxNews publishes this is the day I vote for McCain.

Clarifying the Facts— a letter to the New York Times, 9-15-2001 Bill Ayers

2. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,110
    Anti war protesting is one thing. putting innocent peoples' lives in jeopardy by indiscriminately placing bombs in rest rooms and the planning to detonate a bomb at a dance with the intent to kill is another.

Bill Ayers is a piece of shit coward who threw a fire bomb at a house occupied by a 9 year old kid. Real danger to the world that kid was huh? To echo the sentiment from another thread... someone ought to fire bomb his ass.

3. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    The day Bill Ayers separates his educational philosophy from that of Barack Obama's that is the day I will reconsider my opinion of both Bill Ayers and Barack Obama. The fact is what Bill Ayers did many years ago, from a personal stand point pales when compared to his radical views of education .

I want beginning teachers to resist, to rebel against all of it, to reject these clichés, to stand on their own feet, and to make their way toward the moral heart of teaching at its best. I want them to do what needs to be done—again and again—in order to achieve teaching as an enterprise whose largest purpose is to help every human being reach the full measure of his or her humanity. Teaching as humanization, teaching as a project whose irreducible goal is both further enlightenment for each and greater freedom for all—this is the priceless ideal I want beginning teachers to focus on. To adequately consider that ideal requires moving beyond the fog of the merely given, clearing a free space for challenging the dogma and the orthodoxy that attaches itself to teaching like barnacles, sharp and ugly.
    To begin we have to refocus on teaching as intellectual and ethical work, something beyond the instrumental and the linear. We need to understand that teaching requires thoughtful, caring people to carry it forward successfully, and we need, then, to commit to becoming more caring and more thoughtful as we grow into our work. This refocusing requires a leaning outward, a willingness to look at the world of children—the sufferings, the accomplishments, the perspectives and the concerns—and an awareness, sometimes joyous, but just as often painful, of all that we find. And it requires, as well, a leaning inward—in-breathing, in-dwelling—traveling toward self-knowledge, a sense of being alive and conscious in a going world. In each direction, each gesture, we acknowledge that every person is entangled and propelled and sometimes made mute by a social surround, and that each has, as well, a wild and vast inner life—a spirit, a soul, a mind. Going inward without consciously connecting to a larger world leads to self-referencing and worse, narcissism as truth; traveling outward without noting your own embodied heart and mind can easily lead to ethical astigmatism, moral blindness—to seeing children as a collection of objects for use. William Ayers

The Radical Education Views Of Bill Ayers | Sweetness & Light

This philosophy in learning which teaches social values over educational values, further dumbs down children and continues the process of creating generations of children that have no clue about the world that surrounds them. It makes them less competitive with other nations on puts young people on a bad footing in the job market. This educational philosophy has been praised not only by Barack Obama but if you read Barack Obama's educational plans it does not differ much from Willaim Ayers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Horrifying-----here come the social engineers. We're screwed. America can't be run like it's a fricking hippie commune.