DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
That leaves only Michael Cole left.

NBC News

Clarence Williams III, 'The Mod Squad' and 'Purple Rain' star, dies at 81​

1623021133396.png

LOS ANGELES — Clarence Williams III, an actor known for portraying Linc Hayes on "The Mod Squad" and Prince's father in "Purple Rain," died on Friday. He was 81.

Williams' management confirmed his death to Variety, citing the cause as colon cancer.

Williams broke through in 1968 as one of the stars of the counterculture cop show "The Mod Squad," also starring then-unknown actors Peggy Lipton and Michael Cole. He was a mainstay of the series until its end in 1973, and went on to have a career in film, television and theater spanning four decades.

NBC News

View attachment 498107
LOS ANGELES — Clarence Williams III, an actor known for portraying Linc Hayes on "The Mod Squad" and Prince's father in "Purple Rain," died on Friday. He was 81.

Williams' management confirmed his death to Variety, citing the cause as colon cancer.

Williams broke through in 1968 as one of the stars of the counterculture cop show "The Mod Squad," also starring then-unknown actors Peggy Lipton and Michael Cole. He was a mainstay of the series until its end in 1973, and went on to have a career in film, television and theater spanning four decades.

I was so in love with Peggy Lipton, My sister with Cole.......RIP

NBC News

View attachment 498107

I was so in love with Peggy Lipton, My sister with Cole.......RIP

My folk's restroom floor suffered due to Peggy.

What a great show that was!

RIP Clarence Williams :(

1623023911929.png

Forum List

Back