Civics Quiz

The Rabbi deliberately mischaracterizes Dogbert's comments. The questions are slanted to a conservative view of economics. Anyone who has studied the field recognizes that without any problem. The Rabbi undoubtedly knows it as well, which means that he is trying to deliberately deceive again because he cannot carry a disagreement on its merits. Either that, or he is either mentally feeble or ignorant.

I was going to post a response to his bullshit, but that sums it up nicely. :thup:

Anyone who is even half honest can admit that the questions are slanted to a conservative view.

Especially when it asks Reaganomics questions that have nothing to do with civics.

The Rabbi deliberately mischaracterizes Dogbert's comments. The questions are slanted to a conservative view of economics. Anyone who has studied the field recognizes that without any problem. The Rabbi undoubtedly knows it as well, which means that he is trying to deliberately deceive again because he cannot carry a disagreement on its merits. Either that, or he is either mentally feeble or ignorant.

Meanwhile it was a civics quiz, not an economics quiz.

☭proletarian☭;2194119 said:
How could do this?

33) If taxes equal government spending, then: Government debt is zero! They thought that tax per person equals government spending per person was the right answer: And that has no basis in arithmetic or logic.

Taxes = money taken from populace

'spending'= government expenditure.

Total Taxes/population = x

If public expenditure = taxes, then

(taxes/population) = (public expenditure/population)

We're dealing with averages, not the mean, mode, or taxation of any given individual.

And no, it doesn't mean public debt=0, as their could already be a debt in place before taxation and expenditure become zero.

Just saw that when someone quoted it.

It should have been clear what I meant, but I corrected the typo for clarification.

"Anyone who has studied the field" excludes you. So your views are without merit here. What a shock.

You think economics has nothing to do with government policy?

Rabbi, what have you offered the forum other than a half-baked form of libertarianism?

I know, I know! He offers profanity, arrogance, and a mean spirit.

Because that's all the ignorant deserve. Rational arguments are a waste of time. Searching out links that support the facts I've offered result in two things: straight out denial of their validity or total silence.
But I try. Even with dumbshits like you and Starkey.

Rabbi, what have you offered the forum other than a half-baked form of libertarianism?

Because that's all the ignorant deserve. Rational arguments are a waste of time. Searching out links that support the facts I've offered result in two things: straight out denial of their validity or total silence.

LOL, a trifecta, profane, arrogant and mean spirited.

LOL, a trifecta, profane, arrogant and mean spirited.

a trifecta, profane, arrogant and mean spirited

Just the Rabbi being his loveable self

You have just projected on yourself the argument rejecting your own points, Rab. You have offered nothing but half-baked nonsense. Whether full- or half- or under-baked, nonsense is still nonsense, and that, podjo, is what you are offering. Get over it; you have a massive FAIL here.

You have just projected on yourself the argument rejecting your own points, Rab. You have offered nothing but half-baked nonsense. Whether full- or half- or under-baked, nonsense is still nonsense, and that, podjo, is what you are offering. Get over it; you have a massive FAIL here.

So steht Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement! All Hail, Jake, Grand Poseur of the Realm!

It went right past you, didn't it?

All I can say is when I see a post that right out of the gate starts in with insults, it's not going to attract a "rational" argument. All that does is enflame, and you're gonna get inflammatory comments in response. You can make the most legitimate case ever, and you won't succeed in engaging anyone in a "civil" debate.

The old adage says "You attract more flies with honey than vinegar." But if your enjoyment is to deride people with your perceived superior knowledge by lacing your comments with insulting remarks too, then you probably ascribe to the extension of that adage: "You can attract more flies with shit than honey." You'll get shitty reactions.

☭proletarian☭;2197833 said:

It went right past you, didn't it?

The idea that citizens need to be informed about economics to judge appropriate policy has obviously eluded Barb.
The sad state of economics knowledge among the general run of citizens in this country is responsible for a lot of mischief. Pols get away with telling people that, e.g. NAFTA is responsible for all their woes. Or that gov't can create jobs by spending money. Or that destroying old cars will strengthen the economy. And people buy this crap because they think that economics is just some guy's opinion versus some other guy's opinion and it really doesn't matter since there is no right or wrong.

Indeed, when The Rabbi writes that, "The sad state of economics knowledge among the general run of citizens in this country is responsible for a lot of mischief", he is referring to the general run of the reactionaries wierdos on the far right, not the normal GOP.

Indeed, when The Rabbi writes that, "The sad state of economics knowledge among the general run of citizens in this country is responsible for a lot of mischief", he is referring to the general run of the reactionaries wierdos on the far right, not the normal GOP.

Actually I had you specifically in mind.

"The sad state of economics knowledge among the general run of citizens in this country is responsible for a lot of mischief"
You mean like those idiots who still believe in the magic of Trickle down and how tax cuts for the wealthy makes jobs?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back