Citizenship-By-Birth Faces Challenges

Yes, the Constitution grants citizenship to anyone born in the US.

as long as they are CONSERVATIVE and CHRISTIAN

if they stop being conservative or believing in the one true god then they gve up their citizenship

at least

that's what g w h bush said

and rush limbaugh and ann coulter and michelle malkin and glenn beck and bill oreilly ALL agreed with him

my2¢;2348579 said:
How can somebody that has never been to any country but the U.S.A. be considered a foreigner? What are the rules in this regard?

You gotta be a "real American", not just born here.

and ONLY conservative christians are REAL Americans

g w h bush and rush limbaugh and david limbaugh and jeff jacoby and fox news and glenn beck and sean hannity and bill oreilly and michelle malkin and HUNDREDS of conservative hate radio djs and MILLIONS of conservatives all agree

only CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS are REAL Americans

my2¢;2348579 said:
How can somebody that has never been to any country but the U.S.A. be considered a foreigner? What are the rules in this regard?

You gotta be a "real American", not just born here.

and ONLY conservative christians are REAL Americans

g w h bush and rush limbaugh and david limbaugh and jeff jacoby and fox news and glenn beck and sean hannity and bill oreilly and michelle malkin and HUNDREDS of conservative hate radio djs and MILLIONS of conservatives all agree

only CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS are REAL Americans

:lol: Thats some funny sarcasm right there.....if your not being sarcastic you are so wrong its still funny.

American citizenship has nothing to do with where you are born.

citizenship is based upon religion and ideology

Since America is a christian nation then any person, even those born in the U.S. to American parents, who does NOT believe in the christian god, is NOT a U.S. citizen and does NOT have constitutional rights. At least, that is what g h w bush said....

and we all know that liberals and democrats are "treasonous traitors" who "hate America"
so they are NOT U.S. citizens and deserve NO constitutional protections

Only conservative christians, conservative republicans (no RINOS) can be citizens and entitled to constitutional rights

at least
that's what rush limbaugh and ann coulter and mike savage and bill oreilly and glenn beck say

None of them have said such things. You are a dishonest idiot.

George H. W. Bush: "Atheists Neither Citizens Nor Patriots

When George Bush was campaigning for the presidency, as incumbent vice-president, one of his stops was in Chicago, Illinois, on August 27, 1987. At O'Hare Airport he held a formal outdoor news conference. There Robert I. Sherman, a reporter for the American Atheist news journal, fully accredited by the state of Illinois and by invitation a participating member of the press corps covering the national candidates, had the following exchange with then-Vice-President Bush.

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?

Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

Oh, WELL, you found an Internet site that says so. That MUST make it true . . . or it makes you a gullible dipshit who should stop wasting space on this board.

Children of illegals in my opinion are illegal. A live birth document should be given stating the the child was born to a mother of X country. After the mother has taken advantage of our medical facilities for delivering her illegal, both illegal mother and child should be deported. Instantly.

Children of illegals in my opinion are illegal. A live birth document should be given stating the the child was born to a mother of X country. After the mother has taken advantage of our medical facilities for delivering her illegal, both illegal mother and child should be deported. Instantly.

^ :thup:

If you run for something you will get my vote.

^ :thup:

If you run for something you will get my vote.

Ditto

"But the federal courts have never specifically addressed the question of whether children born to those in the country illegally should be entitled to citizenship, says Michael M. Hethmon, general counsel of the Immigration Reform Law Institute, which favors tighter restrictions on immigration and has advised the state legislators on their efforts.

Berman says the 14th Amendment was meant to clarify the status of freedmen and "does not apply to foreigners. The 14th Amendment, which is being used to provide citizenship, is the last thing that should be used."

Citizenship-By-Birth Faces Challenges : NPR

squatdropkm8.jpg

Here is the problem most normal people have with people like Mr. Berman and Mr. Terrill:
"Currently, if you have a child born to two alien parents, that person is believed to be a U.S. citizen," says Randy Terrill, a Republican state representative in Oklahoma who is working on an anti-birthright bill. "When taken to its logical extreme, that would produce the absurd result that children of invading armies would be considered citizens of the U.S."
Name an invading army that would threaten America and who would bring both men and women and who would then have the luxury of time to make babies.

And if there were an invading Army like that, would they give two shits about what our laws say?

:lol:

Oh yeah, and 'extremes' usually aren't logical

None of them have said such things. You are a dishonest idiot.

George H. W. Bush: "Atheists Neither Citizens Nor Patriots

When George Bush was campaigning for the presidency, as incumbent vice-president, one of his stops was in Chicago, Illinois, on August 27, 1987. At O'Hare Airport he held a formal outdoor news conference. There Robert I. Sherman, a reporter for the American Atheist news journal, fully accredited by the state of Illinois and by invitation a participating member of the press corps covering the national candidates, had the following exchange with then-Vice-President Bush.

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?

Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

Oh, WELL, you found an Internet site that says so. That MUST make it true . . . or it makes you a gullible dipshit who should stop wasting space on this board.

look
bozo

he said it
it is VERIFIED

even you...(a complete fkn moron) can google it and see that he DID say it

and when he said guys like limbaugh said "he's right!"

the only gullible dipshit who is wasting space on this site is YOU!

you are SOOOOO stupid and gullible that you refuse to believe a FACT

"But the federal courts have never specifically addressed the question of whether children born to those in the country illegally should be entitled to citizenship, says Michael M. Hethmon, general counsel of the Immigration Reform Law Institute, which favors tighter restrictions on immigration and has advised the state legislators on their efforts.

Berman says the 14th Amendment was meant to clarify the status of freedmen and "does not apply to foreigners. The 14th Amendment, which is being used to provide citizenship, is the last thing that should be used."

squatdropkm8.jpg

American citizenship has nothing to do with where you are born.

citizenship is based upon religion and ideology

Since America is a christian nation then any person, even those born in the U.S. to American parents, who does NOT believe in the christian god, is NOT a U.S. citizen and does NOT have constitutional rights. At least, that is what g h w bush said....

and we all know that liberals and democrats are "treasonous traitors" who "hate America"
so they are NOT U.S. citizens and deserve NO constitutional protections

Only conservative christians, conservative republicans (no RINOS) can be citizens and entitled to constitutional rights

at least
that's what rush limbaugh and ann coulter and mike savage and bill oreilly and glenn beck say

Do you think before you type? Please contribute something to the thread that is viable and within reason. You just make yourself appear stupid when you post this type of nonsense.

The 14th Amendment, which was ratified in the wake of the Civil War, overturned the Dred Scott decision, clarifying that the children of former slaves were citizens and entitled to constitutional protections: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." Citizenship-By-Birth Faces Challenges : NPR

Are children of illegals NOT subject to the jurisdiction of US law?
slaves were not citizens. They were NOT illegals, but they were brought here against their will. They never came here trying to be citizens and they never took oaths swearing to become citizens, so why are their children citizens?

hello? :eek:

slaves were not citizens. They were NOT illegals, but they were brought here against their will. They never came here trying to be citizens and they never took oaths swearing to become citizens, so why are their children citizens?

Good point. Lets ship them out too! :lol:

squatdropkm8.jpg
The whole debate over immigration boils down to what can be done versus what we might want to see done.

Suppose the courts would rule that a child born in the US with illegal parents is not a citizen. A lot of kids live on the streets without parents, some live with relatives, one parent, or friends. So if the courts interpreted the constitution in this manner, law enforcement would have to determine the citizenship of the parents who may or may not be living with the kid. If law enforcement stops the kid on the street, then the kid has to have proof of the citizenship of his parents as well as himself. This will never fly.

Expecting the government to control the boarders and remove up to 20 million illegal immigrants is insane. The last thing we need is a bunch new laws that cannot be enforced. We need to take a practical approach to immigration reform starting with protecting our boards from illegal immigration. We need to punish businesses that knowingly hire illegally. Lastly, if we ever hope to get control over the immigration problem we are going have to integrated illegal aliens into our society otherwise they will remain an undocumented phantom subculture that lives on the edge of criminality, doesn’t pay taxes, and is a drain of social services.

The whole debate over immigration boils down to what can be done versus what we might want to see done.

Suppose the courts would rule that a child born in the US with illegal parents is not a citizen. A lot of kids live on the streets without parents, some live with relatives, one parent, or friends. So if the courts interpreted the constitution in this manner, law enforcement would have to determine the citizenship of the parents who may or may not be living with the kid. If law enforcement stops the kid on the street, then the kid has to have proof of the citizenship of his parents as well as himself. This will never fly.

Expecting the government to control the boarders and remove up to 20 million illegal immigrants is insane. The last thing we need is a bunch new laws that cannot be enforced. We need to take a practical approach to immigration reform starting with protecting our boards from illegal immigration. We need to punish businesses that knowingly hire illegally. Lastly, if we ever hope to get control over the immigration problem we are going have to integrated illegal aliens into our society otherwise they will remain an undocumented phantom subculture that lives on the edge of criminality, doesn’t pay taxes, and is a drain of social services.

Boohoo for the kid. There is someone taking care of it. Its their responsibility to prove its citizenship.

I told you the solution,deport the mother and child the instant the illegal born There is no trying to figure out anything. Here is a can of baby formula, see ya!

Slaves became citizens in the north when Lincoln and the republic fought the dixicrats and the south in the civil war and won. The law was passed so that the southern states who lost could not deny the children of the non-citizen ex-slaves in their states citizenship thus permanently creating a sub-class in the united states of non-citizens who could be abused without legal recorse.

See this is the problem with politics today...people are just too wrapped up in ideology, ignorance, or personal vendettas to just discuss things on their merits. People have to be wise-asses and say shit like I just quoted.

Grrrrrr

Boohoo for the kid. There is someone taking care of it. Its their responsibility to prove its citizenship.

I told you the solution,deport the mother and child the instant the illegal born There is no trying to figure out anything. Here is a can of baby formula, see ya!
I am not trying to raise sympathy for the illegals, although some certainly deserve it, but rather to point out the problems the INS, Boarder Patrol, and the courts will face in trying to deport millions of people.

It's easy for the armchair quarterbacks to declare that all illegals should be thrown out of the country, but for the INS and courts that have to deal with real people it’s not easy or cheap. Look at the real world problems.
· What do you do with the illegal 12-year-old kid who is living on streets and you don’t know his country origin?
· Do you deport someone who was brought to this country as a child and never violated any law?
· What about those that came into the country illegally but became productive members of society?
· If the only breadwinner of the family is illegal, do you deport him and leave the rest of the family to go on welfare?
· Do you deport elderly and sick illegals to countries where they will be no one to care for them?
· Then there is the economic question. Are you willing to work for $4/hr picking fruit, scrubbing floors, other such jobs? Few citizens of this country are. Which means those illegals are going to be replaced with worker making two or three times as much. That will translate into higher costs for everyone.

There is another consideration. The country that you are deporting the illegal to has to be willing to take them. It has not been a problem with Mexico, but if we tried to deport millions that might not be case.

· What do you do with the illegal 12-year-old kid who is living on streets and you don’t know his country origin?

that one could be a problem. But most anchor children are bread winners (food stamps and welfare) in the household so it is unlikely to be running around on the street.

· Do you deport someone who was brought to this country as a child and never violated any law?

Yes

· What about those that came into the country illegally but became productive members of society?

Get in line and apply for citizenship

· If the only breadwinner of the family is illegal, do you deport him and leave the rest of the family to go on welfare?

Yes. Him along with the entire illegal family.

· Do you deport elderly and sick illegals to countries where they will be no one to care for them?

Yes. Why should this country take care of them?

· Then there is the economic question. Are you willing to work for $4/hr picking fruit, scrubbing floors, other such jobs? Few citizens of this country are. Which means those illegals are going to be replaced with worker making two or three times as much. That will translate into higher costs for everyone.

How about we give all the people who have signs up "will work for food" a job?

There is another consideration. The country that you are deporting the illegal to has to be willing to take them. It has not been a problem with Mexico, but if we tried to deport millions that might not be case.

What you are saying that origin countries don't want their own people? Wow, then why should we? Put them on a plain, open the door, shove them out. Put them on a boat and let them go.

Rather simple don't you think?

Last edited:

squatdropkm8.jpg

Are you really this clueless about how law enforcement works?

If my 14-year-old is wandering the streets past curfew and a cop stops him (which they would), they aren't going to ask him for ID. Since he has one, he'd probably offer it. But what they're going to ask him is where he lives, what his parents' names are, and what their phone number is. THEN he's going to get in touch with the parents to find out why the hell the kid is wandering the streets after hours. If they felt the need to check our citizenship, THAT would be the point they would do it: with ME, not with my teenager. :rolleyes:

Now, then. If we were talking about a child with no parents, he would wind up in foster care until the cops could somehow figure out who he is and where he came from. Once again, at THAT point, they would deal with his citizenship or lack thereof.

This idea that minors are somehow going to have to carry proof of their parents' citizenship is just asinine.

Forum List

Back