Citizen-Soldier Ukrainian Territorial Defense Ordered to Turn in Arms ‘for Storage’ Purposes

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Terrorist fighters [Ukrainian Territorial Defense fighting terrorists/Russians] in the liberated territories must hand in their weapons,” Ukrainian digital broadcaster Hromadske reported Thursday. Citing a Ministry of Defense post on the Telegram messaging app, the order comes from Troop Forces commander, General Yuri Galushkin.

“Some of our regions have been liberated from the occupiers and there is no fighting. In these areas, we need to perform tasks related to the reconstruction of our cities and villages, restore the economy, return to work,” Galushkin claimed.

“That is why in these regions it is time to concentrate weapons in certain storage areas. You will take care of her [weapon], take her for training and, if necessary, get her to complete tasks. We will keep the gunpowder dry.

Proper storage of weapons is very important so that at a critical moment it can be quickly used and used against our enemy - the Russian troops.” Note that over 18,000 military weapons were “passed out” to new members of the Territorial Defense in just Kyiv alone by March 11. Just last month and to the north, the Lithuanian Parliament voted (119 for, none against with five abstentions) to allow all members of the civilian paramilitary organization, the Rifleman’s Union, to keep their government-issued select-fire G36 rifles (machine guns) at home.

In order to verify the announcement, Firearms News reached out to a Ukrainian government contact within the military, this was the response: “Hi! Yes, it is true.. He was talking about Zhytomyr, Kyiv, Chernigiv, and Sumi regions. He said soldiers from territorial defense units and members of volunteer formations of territorial communities from mentioned above regions must keep weapons in the arms room.”

The disarming of citizen soldier volunteers (especially when a war is still in full swing) is a good indicator that if and when the situation in Ukraine “normalizes,” the plan is to return to restrictive gun laws Firearms News was decrying before the Russian invasion....

ukrainian-territorial-defense-turn-in-arms-01-1200x800.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Ukrainian Territorial Defense Ordered to Turn in Arms 'for Storage' Purposes - Firearms News

:oops8:

Well ain't that some shit?

Keep the gunpowder dry?.....For fuck's sake, they are not using muskets.

Terrorist fighters [Ukrainian Territorial Defense fighting terrorists/Russians] in the liberated territories must hand in their weapons,” Ukrainian digital broadcaster Hromadske reported Thursday. Citing a Ministry of Defense post on the Telegram messaging app, the order comes from Troop Forces commander, General Yuri Galushkin.

“Some of our regions have been liberated from the occupiers and there is no fighting. In these areas, we need to perform tasks related to the reconstruction of our cities and villages, restore the economy, return to work,” Galushkin claimed.

“That is why in these regions it is time to concentrate weapons in certain storage areas. You will take care of her [weapon], take her for training and, if necessary, get her to complete tasks. We will keep the gunpowder dry.

Proper storage of weapons is very important so that at a critical moment it can be quickly used and used against our enemy - the Russian troops.” Note that over 18,000 military weapons were “passed out” to new members of the Territorial Defense in just Kyiv alone by March 11. Just last month and to the north, the Lithuanian Parliament voted (119 for, none against with five abstentions) to allow all members of the civilian paramilitary organization, the Rifleman’s Union, to keep their government-issued select-fire G36 rifles (machine guns) at home.

In order to verify the announcement, Firearms News reached out to a Ukrainian government contact within the military, this was the response: “Hi! Yes, it is true.. He was talking about Zhytomyr, Kyiv, Chernigiv, and Sumi regions. He said soldiers from territorial defense units and members of volunteer formations of territorial communities from mentioned above regions must keep weapons in the arms room.”

The disarming of citizen soldier volunteers (especially when a war is still in full swing) is a good indicator that if and when the situation in Ukraine “normalizes,” the plan is to return to restrictive gun laws Firearms News was decrying before the Russian invasion....

ukrainian-territorial-defense-turn-in-arms-01-1200x800.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Ukrainian Territorial Defense Ordered to Turn in Arms 'for Storage' Purposes - Firearms News

:oops8:

Well ain't that some shit?

Keep the gunpowder dry?.....For fuck's sake, they are not using muskets.
Seems strange, that if I do a search for it, the only things that pop up is USMB. Your link does not even come up on a search with a 1 day or 1 week parameter. How did you find it?

No, not all all.

Before the war people were allowed to own guns if they had permits. When the war broke out, they stood on street corners and handed out guns for free to anyone who could pull a trigger. They are just taking back the "free" firearms they were handing out like candy in the early days of the war. No citizen has to give up a firearm that he already owned.

On a "gun" site.....The link was sort of odd. The site is a legit one in the "gun world".
I may wonder about the source, but know you better than to think you would slip in are ringer on purpose.
If the article story is true, it doesn't sound good to normal Tennesseans, any more than it sounds to normal Virginians.

I may wonder about the source, but know you better than to think you would slip in are ringer on purpose.
If the article story is true, it doesn't sound good to normal Tennesseans, any more than it sounds to normal Virginians.
Well the only thing I can think of is if they were state armory issued then I guess the .gov has the right to have them returned them to a armory.

I'm not seeing where they are private purchased full-auto weapons that the citizenry was finally allowed to buy (at their cost) during the Russian build-up.

That said I suspect record keeping was spotty at best so a lot of them will end-up in Ukrainian closets and be speckled with house paint like so many old mil-surps that I find "out in the wild". ;)

Well the only thing I can think of is if they were state armory issued then I guess the .gov has the right to have them returned them to a armory.

I'm not seeing where they are private purchased full-auto weapons that the citizenry was finally allowed to buy (at their cost) during the Russian build-up.

That said I suspect record keeping was spotty at best so a lot of them will end-up in Ukrainian closets and be speckled with house paint like so many old mil-surps that I find "out in the wild". ;)
True, but you got to wonder if the Ukrainian government is so naive with successes made, to think them no longer necessary or the population no longer in danger across the whole country. It ain't over til it's over. The enemy didn't get a vote in the Cold War and here we are. He would be better leaving the AKs in the hands of his people who may need them at least until something is worked out and he has assurance, it is over, which it ain't.

True, but you got to wonder if the Ukrainian government is so naive with successes made, to think them no longer necessary or the population no longer in danger across the whole country. It ain't over til it's over. The enemy didn't get a vote in the Cold War and here we are. He would be better leaving the AKs in the hands of his people who may need them at least until something is worked out and he has assurance, it is over, which it ain't.
I believe they were sucked.....Putin never really wanted Kiev but he's getting what he wants elsewhere. Why do you think the virtue-signaling has slowed down? Ukraine will be partitioned.

I believe they were sucked.....Putin never really wanted Kiev but he's getting what he wants elsewhere. Why do you think the virtue-signaling has slowed down? Ukraine will be partitioned.
Russians are very good chess players.

Hey, on the weapons. If they doled them out in Tennessee, they would play hell rounding them up. You wouldn't believe the crap I have gone through with Armory weapons that were never supposed to leave the armory or were supposed to be under strict accountability if they were. I can chuckle about it now, but wasn't funny at the times.

Russians are very good chess players.

Hey, on the weapons. If they doled them out in Tennessee, they would play hell rounding them up. You wouldn't believe the crap I have gone through with Armory weapons that were never supposed to leave the armory or were supposed to be under strict accountability if they were. I can chuckle about it now, but wasn't funny at the times.
LOL....I had a fried that was demoted when he was in the USMC for a missing M7 bayonet.

Forum List

Back