Cindy Sheehan Was Cheered, Charles Woods Is Ignored

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Cindy Sheehan Was Cheered, Charles Woods Is Ignored​

10/30/2012

Libya: As the father of a former Navy SEAL slain at Benghazi wonders why our secretary of state lied to him, we wonder why our CIA director abetted a lie that contradicted counterterrorism officials and the FBI.

During the 2004 presidential campaign, a media eager to deny George W. Bush a second term made Cindy Sheehan, who lost a son in Iraq, a national heroine and reported virtually her every word and move.

"Cindy Sheehan," gushed NBC News, "is single-handedly bringing the Iraq debate to Mr. Bush's doorstep."

But nobody in a mainstream media eager to see President Obama get a second term is bringing the Benghazi debate to the White House doorstep. On all the Sunday talk shows, when Benghazi was brought up, the moderator quickly changed subjects.

On CNN's "State of the Union," Candy Crowley, who came to the aid of President Obama on Benghazi during the second presidential debate, sloughed off attempts by two GOP officials to broach Benghazi.

When Newt Gingrich raised Benghazi on ABC's "This Week," host George Stephanopoulos quickly changed topics. NBC's David Gregory cut off GOP panelist Carly Fiorina when she brought up Benghazi, promising to "get to that a little later." Of course, he never did.

Nor is Gregory or the others likely to pursue an interview with Charles Woods, father of Ty Woods, one of the SEALs killed in Benghazi.

A few conservative outlets have talked to him, notably Fox News, and he's had much to say about how and why his son was abandoned by the government he served.

Woods is especially angry "that apparently the White House situation room was watching our people die in real time, as this was happening."

If Cindy Sheehan had made such a comment, it would have led every evening newscast.

Nor is Woods happy with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. "Her countenance was not good, and she made this statement to me .. . she said we will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted," he told radio host Glenn Beck. Woods said he "could tell that she was not telling me the truth."

read more:
Media That Cheered Cindy Sheehan Ignore Charles Woods And Benghazi - Investors.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odWoRXIkmKM]Charles Woods Emotional on Hannity - 10/29/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Charles Woods, Father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, Attacks Pres. Obama, but Woods' Mom Defends Obama

However, Tyrone Wood's mother Cheryl Croft Bennett praised the president, vice president and secretary of state: "Little did I know that I would find myself in a reception room being comforted, hugged and, yes, even kissed by the president of the United States. Along with the president, there was Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and General and Mrs Colin Powell."

"They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss, as I fought back tears and tried to project an image of strength to honor my SEAL son."

Somebody cheered Sheehan??

Jesus. Where was she appearing? Flamming assholes are us??

Oh and BTW does anyone expect the Obama supporting LSM to question him on Benghazi?? Nope. Its to close to the election and I'm sure they could care less about the dead. Re-electing that fuck is all they are concerned with..

Last edited:
Ty would still be alive if he followed his orders.

But then cons wouldn't be able to politicize his death.

So you are to follw orders without question?
Does that mean you don't think the Nazis should be blamed because they were following orders?

What orders. They were private security. Retired SEALS. I doubt any stand down orders were given to em. They also pulled people out of the consulate and got them to safety.

Leave it to an asshole like you to belittle the sacrifice those men made.

Evidently, Tyronne Woods mother had a different account and she posted on Facebook how well and respectful she was treated

snopes.com: Biden Made Disrespectful Joke to Father of Navy SEAL?

that does not invalidate how poorly Mr. Woods was treated though does it?

It does in the mind of the left. Moms matter, dads do not.

My prayers are with Mr Woods. He walks a hard road.

good thing you're only doing an imitation of an idiot partisan. :thup:

Evidently, Tyronne Woods mother had a different account and she posted on Facebook how well and respectful she was treated

Two parents at the same event

One gripes about how poorly he was treated, the other exclaims how well she was treated

Does one have a political axe to bear?

do both?

people grieve differently- i think it's reprehensible to try to score points with it

It does in the mind of the left. Moms matter, dads do not.

My prayers are with Mr Woods. He walks a hard road.

You don't pray for the boys mother?

how partisan

Ty would still be alive if he followed his orders.

But then cons wouldn't be able to politicize his death.

We'd be able to "politicize" aka bring up 30 more deaths you fool. Woods and others rescued so many.

Meanwhile Panetta is saying that it was "too risky" to send in a rescue team.

Dear Lord above, a Secretary of Defense not wanting to send a rescue team to save Americans because it's "too risky"?

The best equipped, the best trained military force on the planet and Panetta says it would be "too risky"?

That's disgusting. This administration has blood all over them. They let them die.

Last edited:
Ty would still be alive if he followed his orders.But then cons wouldn't be able to politicize his death.

and more Americans would be dead.

I have been looking into this..

I can not find any reports that he saved any lives, the only stories I have been able to find were that he and Doherty were killed in a car on the way to embassy from mortar fire.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Forum List

Back