• Assemblies of God

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Have you ever attended or were a member of a Church?
Are you presently?

I am not a Christian anymore, grew a brain and left. But I went to numerous ones in the twenty odd years, and I do mean odd. They all have their different atmosphere and I noticed that what it came down to was that people found denominations that suited their personalities. Hard liners liked the fundamentalist churches. More liberal types prefer the evangelicals, money people love the prosperity teachings, Baptists love to EAT.

I am not a Christian anymore, grew a brain and left. But I went to numerous ones in the twenty odd years, and I do mean odd. They all have their different atmosphere and I noticed that what it came down to was that people found denominations that suited their personalities. Hard liners liked the fundamentalist churches. More liberal types prefer the evangelicals, money people love the prosperity teachings, Baptists love to EAT.

I Corinthians 3:19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Have you ever attended or were a member of a Church?
Are you presently?

Baptist.

Saved at about age 14.

I still have the bible presented to me for High School graduation in 1986, and still carry it to church.

For quite a few years I had differences with people I went to church with, so I went to about 4 churches in a 6 year period. At one time I quit going for simply having problems with people in the community period - such as grocery stores, shops, convenience stores, gas stations, along with problems with people at work = me being yelled and screamed at - being told to do others work and mine - being called a "faggot" - being excluded from shift meals / dinners at work....and over all being treated like a leper - and for what reason I do not know.

But when I do not work, I attend regularly.

Shadow 355

I Corinthians 3:19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Proverbs 8:11

"For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it."

A quote from Proverbs and one of the opening lines from a book I have written. A 400 page Spy - Military - Thriller.

Shadow 355

I've been a member of a number of churches but no longer attend any except for special occasions such as weddings, funerals, etc. Worst experience was a stretch of years in a religious cult that I hated and wanted out of. A way out finally presented itself, I walked out and never looked back. I attended a Jewish temple for awhile and frankly it was a saving grace for me. I never converted to Judaism, but will always have a place in my heart for the people. My tendency is to put more belief in the Old Testament than the New. Do I still have questions? Yes. But do I believe in God? Yes.

My most recent discussion on religion came about not long ago when a neighbor came up for a visit and the upshot of the conversation was when she burst into tears and brought up the Buddha out on my deck!! She thought I worshiped Buddha and I assured her that I had the Buddha simply because I like Asian stuff and have a good bit of it in my decor! She happily attends her Baptist church and I happily don't worship my Buddha.

The sad thing is that since the beginning of time mankind has had a way of corrupting just about anything and everything on the planet. And that holds true for man interpreting religion as they see it and try to foist their beliefs on everybody else. I can only have my own personal relationship with God and I let everybody else have or not have their relationship with God. Just don't shove your beliefs down my throat because I'm not going to shove my beliefs down yours.

As a child I was raised in the Southern Baptist church. Later in life I attended a non-Denominational church. When I moved to where I live now for about 5 years I attended the Methodist church but two years ago I converted to Catholic and am very happy attending Mass there every Sunday.

Forum List

Back