Christmas Cards

Doug

May 23, 2005
England
When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, include the following:

A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

Of course, you can send more than one card.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, include the following:

6900 Georgia Avenue,NW

:eusa_clap: Great idea, I just emailed the link to myself, I'll have the kids make and send cards!

Damn fine idea, and I was just wondering what I would do with all the Margaritaville Christmas cards I just ordered.

What about Marines? Sailors? Airmen? In the case of marines you would need two addresses since they are from two different bases and coasts. I know that here at Lejeune they have a Battalion for wounded Marines, I suspect they have a similar arrangement at Pendleton.

Not being an Air Force or Navy man no idea where they go.

6900 Georgia Avenue,NW

Done.

What about Marines? Sailors? Airmen? In the case of marines you would need two addresses since they are from two different bases and coasts. I know that here at Lejeune they have a Battalion for wounded Marines, I suspect they have a similar arrangement at Pendleton.

If you get them to Move America Forward or Melanie Morgan they can get them out to all the different branches. I can give anyone the address via PM.

Marines are basically Navy................

Marines are basically Navy................

Simply not true. The Marine Corps is under the Department of the Navy but is its own Military branch.

I have this argument with soldiers at times. Using your logic this means that any civilian hired by the Department of the Army is a soldier. Any civilian employed by the Department of the Air Force an airmen or better.

The Navy provides medical personal for the Marine Corps and of course the Marines have as a mission the seizure of forward naval bases for the navy as well as protection of naval vessels as needed and Naval facilities.

Wounded Sailors that are assigned to Marine Units at the time they are wounded may go to the Marine battalion for wounded Marines, I do not know, but not all sailors in those war zones are under Marine Command.

Simply not true. The Marine Corps is under the Department of the Navy but is its own Military branch.

I have this argument with soldiers at times. Using your logic this means that any civilian hired by the Department of the Army is a soldier. Any civilian employed by the Department of the Air Force an airmen or better.

The Navy provides medical personal for the Marine Corps and of course the Marines have as a mission the seizure of forward naval bases for the navy as well as protection of naval vessels as needed and Naval facilities.

Wounded Sailors that are assigned to Marine Units at the time they are wounded may go to the Marine battalion for wounded Marines, I do not know, but not all sailors in those war zones are under Marine Command.

Is this thread an appropriate place in which to bicker and argue? It started off with a nice gesture – information on how to send cards to wounded soldiers. Now because someone made a passing comment that might not be entirely accurate, you feel the need to jump in and set him straight – why – to show off your superior knowledge. Do you ever think that you should just let such comments go for the sake of a higher over-all purpose that we seem to all agree with? Even I’m going to take a few minutes and send a card.

Support A Recovering American Soldier

Walter Reed Army Medical Center officials want to remind those individuals who want to show their appreciation through mail to include packages, letters, and holiday cards addressed to "Any Wounded Soldier" or "A Recovering American Soldier" that Walter Reed cannot accept these packages in support of the decision by then Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Transportation Policy in 2001. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well being of patients and staff at medical centers throughout the Department of Defense.

In addition, the U.S. Postal Service is no longer accepting "Any Service Member" or "A Recovering American Soldier" letters or packages. Mail to "Any Service Member" that is deposited into a collection box will not be delivered.

Instead of sending an “Any Wounded Soldier” letter or package to Walter Reed, please consider making a donation to one of the more than 300 nonprofit organizations dedicated to helping our troops and their families listed on the "America Supports You" website, www.americasupportsyou.mil

Other organizations that offer means of showing your support for our troops or assist wounded servicemembers and their families include:

http://www.usocares.org/

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/tooursoldiers/

http://www.redcross.org

For individuals without computer access, your local military installation, the local National Guard or military reserve unit in your area may offer the best alternative to show your support to our returning troops and their families. Walter Reed Army Medical Center will continue to receive process and deliver all mail that is addressed to a specific individual.

As Walter Reed continues to enhance the medical care and processes for our returning service members, it must also must keep our patients and staff members safe while following Department of Defense policy. The outpouring of encouragement from the general public, corporate America and civic groups throughout the past year has been incredible. Our Warriors in Transition are amazed at the thanks and support they receive from their countrymen.

Forum List

Back