Christmas; biggest religious lie in christianity.

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by LilOlLady, Dec 14, 2012.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +762
    CHRISTMAS; BIGGEST RELIGIOUS LIE IN CHRISTIANITY.

Christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Christ and that’s why is a big celebration among conservatives and most atheists. Christmas was never celebrated by Christ, his disciples and early Christians. Not celebrated until the 4th century and has connections to the celebration of winter. What does a cut evergreen tree, fat old white man with a white beard in a red suit with a bag of gifts riding in a sleigh pulled by 8 reindeers in winter have to do with the birth of Christ? Nothing. And one lie lead to other lies.
    Easter. What does a bunny rabbit that lays colored eggs have to do with the death and resurrections of Christ? Christ told us in no uncertainty how to worship him and his father but we choose to worship him in our own way. John 4;23,24. In truth and there no truth in Christmas or in Easter celebrations.
    Catholic religions is one big celebration of pagan and Christian teachings. Customs, traditions, relics and images and rituals.

2. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,908
    Are there truths to Christianity? Besides maybe Jesus being a real person

3. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,707
    Catholics do not worship statues or icons, or treat them as idols. That is what your Biblical passages mainly are referencing. Like the golden calf in Moses’ time.

I really think the emphasis on these “incongruities” is borderline legalism, another matter Jesus warned against. As one saint said --- statues and religious paintings are the gospels for the illiterate and the poor. 1500 years before the Guttenberg press, most people could not read or had not holy book.

Christmas and Easter remain high holy days of the Church. It’s the Catholic Church itself where you really have issues, is it not?

4. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
  5. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,707
    I assume you have tried finding that out besides on these boards?

It remains an important matter.

6. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,908
    Uhhh yea. And yes it is an important matter. I would love to know the truth. But religion and truth are apples and oranges

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,866
    If you put your creche under the tree and hang a Santa ornament on the tree are you putting Santa above Jesus?

8. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,707

I know, it confounds me. That is, how some can see it and grasp it, and others cannot no matter what.

But "religion" is too large of a word. I can no better defend what Islam or Hinduism espouses than I can what agnosticism may claim. Christianity, and even more specifically Catholicism, are on trial only to defend their own claims and truths. Their credibility should not be damaged by what other religions may do or say.

9. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,908
    I concur. I dont find ANY religion appealing. I dont doubt a supreme being, but have 100% doubt of religion. I dont base my bias for one religion anymore than the other

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    Not necessarily. Some of the most precious truths in the universe are found in religious faith. The key is to search, study and ask God.